GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Its confusing I know. Looking at the Diary!
    It will be LINK Financial Outsourcing Ltd that are writing to your daughter!!

The letters dated August 17th 2017 - 24th January 2018 - 10th April 2018.
    I suspect these are Headed LINK

And Signed LINK Financial Outsourcing Ltd.

LINK Financial Outsourcing Ltd ARE FCA Licensed https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

In the Diary August 2nd 2017
    Your daughter had two letters sent to her!

1/ From Co-op - saying something like " transferred your Co-op account to a company called Asset Link Capital (No 5) Limited. They've appointed Link Financial Outsourcing Limited to act on their behalf.."

2/ From Asset Link Capitol - This second letter will say something like "Co-op has assigned your account, to Asset Link Capital (No.5) Limited ("ALC 5") ... ALC 5 have appointed Link Financial Outsourcing Limited ("Link") to service your account on their behalf.

Now its those letters of August 2nd that I believe is where you have got the ALC 5 abbreviation from!

Its confusing and complex - All I am suggesting is that you check this out. If this is correct take a copy of this FCA entry and file it with the paper work!
    Asset Link Capital (No.5) Limited ("ALC 5") - In Law are the CURRENT OWNER and they aren't licensed with FCA http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=652307

Comment

I s n t it just !!! I will double check but it looks like the addresses are the same, I will certainly print off copies of that, but maybe they have just re-branded ? all gobbledegook with me , but I v learned on here that you just don t trust any of these companies. I m sure Di knows her onions , and these companies look connected. So I will do nothing for the moment.

Can they do that though? change the company name and become ok to chase debts?

What do you think to the PPI on the Santander issue? Santander are bank to many companies and it seems they have linked her debt to a store card that she had once upon a time..... no money owing on it, but there is on Cahoot. I ll hunt around on here and the internet, need to know how this PPI works. I wonder now if its a good amount,
      If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

All we are doing is following what Di had queried. I leave you to look into the PPI

The following is about CABOT (Licensed) and Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd (who are Unlicensed)
        What LINK (Licensed) and ACL 5 (unlicensed) is very similar!
        So Just file a copy with the paper work - just in Case its needed!
        See Niddy's Blog about CABOT and Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd (Unlicensed).
        https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
        "..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind..."

Comment

Spot on and thanks I ve just revisited our file on Co op . We have letters of assignment of the debt to ALC5. " but Link remain as servicer for your account. All future payments should be made to Link etc " also " Link is now a data controller of your personal data "

So this is similar to Cabot as ALC5 is unauthorised... printed and filed. You learn something every day especially on here .

Thank you so much Roger....
          If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Hello all, hope the sunshine is making you feel good. We are now in house moving mode, daughter having decided to sell up and relocate away from ex in laws etc, which brings me to a query I have regarding the credit cards.

What is the right way forward in your opinion on her concerning letters we receive from the debt collectors?

I don t really want to contact them regarding her new address, but then I don t want to miss anything important that might come into the post.I worry that they could just step things up and , for example go to court, and we get a judgement , not knowing about it?

I ve looked into redirecting the mail, which is ok , a bit costly ( but suppose mum could foot the bill if needs be) but she still has 5 years to go yet on these cards.

What do you people think ? Would it be ok to not say anything,... redirect for a short while... I am in a quandry what is best thing to do.

I ll hunt around on here, but your comments would be gratefully received .

SB

Comment

if they need/feel they are going to take action letter etc then you need to let them know new address OR they could decide to get a back door CCJ against you without your knowledge! sure others will refer as well
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post
                now in house moving mode, daughter having decided to sell up and relocate away from ex in laws etc, which brings me to a query I have regarding the credit cards.

What is the right way forward in your opinion on her concerning letters we receive from the debt collectors?.

There's a strong possibility that she will be linked to her new address on the CRA files if she eventually has a bank account etc registered at that address. If she is planning to buy not rent then a mortgage application may link her.

I think there may be a different answer to your question for each of her debts depending on the account's status. For example she may not want to wake up a sleeping dog but in other cases it may be better that they know where she is.

Di

Comment

My thoughts/quandry. Di..... and she will be traceable by those routes..All three are just sending letters, at the moment, passing it to different collectors, nothing too serious, but i don t want to miss the one that matters... I presume that a court action could happen if she does not reply, by default I think ? That they would do that irrespective of knowing her present address.

Is re directing trustworthy?, and not sure they would do it for "years".....might do it for a short time... while i ponder ....

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    if they need/feel they are going to take action letter etc then you need to let them know new address OR they could decide to get a back door CCJ against you without your knowledge! sure others will refer as well
                    Thanks. Its just that i wondered whether thats admitting you owe them ( which she does) but like Di said ... it s waking the dog up ...too early yet !!

Comment

Just a thought, but if a £2 request for the credit file is done for each of the three CRA's then the new address would be registered with each one. That might be a way to inform a creditor of a new address without contacting them directly - which obviously you wouldn't want to do if that amounted to acknowledging the debt. This would only work if you were happy for all creditors to have your new address.

Can a creditor then get a backdoor CCJ against you at an old address if your current address is correctly showing on each of the CRA's. I don't know the answer to that question but perhaps someone else does.

Comment

Hi, you can redirect for a total of 4 years. As Di said, once you have some accounts in the new address some companies will trace you through the CRAs. I’m on my final year of redirecting and nearly every company has sent letters to the new address without me contacting them.

As for a backdoor CCJ, they are supposed to make efforts to trace you before issuing.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterK View Post
                          Just a thought, but if a £2 request for the credit file is done for each of the three CRA's then the new address would be registered with each one. That might be a way to inform a creditor of a new address without contacting them directly - which obviously you wouldn't want to do if that amounted to acknowledging the debt. This would only work if you were happy for all creditors to have your new address.

Can a creditor then get a backdoor CCJ against you at an old address if your current address is correctly showing on each of the CRA's. I don't know the answer to that question but perhaps someone else does.
                          Just a shout out.
                          As from today25/05/2018, you can request your credit file for free, same for a SAR,
                          you still need to pay £1 for a CCA request xx

Comment

Hi thanks for the comments, I think I shall go with the redirecting, and by then they should of found her without us having contact. Its that which I am wary of doing . I don t trust them trying to find her address.prior to a court action. I want to know what they re up to don t I ?

..and yes a good idea to seek out the credit reference agencies, never thought of that . So that would be a good idea later on.

Well done Cym, its good to hear people progressing. Daughter is doing well having won the house in a settlement and now moving out of the area for a new start. She is so much more positive, money is still tight , but now the CC s are being reined in its less stress.

I knew I would get my quandary sorted on here SB

Comment

It’s great to hear that your daughter is now gaining control of her life; a new area will help to create new happier memories. She is lucky to have your support and help - but you are doing what every caring parent would do!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X