GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post
    Re: UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Cahoot / Santander

Type ; Credit card
    Date started : not sure as not received agreement , definitely pre 2007 probably 1990s
    Approx Balance £7826.38
    Date last paid: January 2017.
    Payments: Being paid each month on minimum amount due.
    Account: with OC Cahoot

January 2017 sent for CCA and just received a letter and email (copy on other thread) no agreement . In default of CCA request
    January 2017: stopped the DD.

July 2017 Default notice received, posting to ask what to do next....Reading around the forum and asking , did get a reply on AAD+ to just leave this letter be, and so decided to wait for something more definite. Seems default notices are just an end to an agreement with the borrower? And , in this particular case we have yet not received any form of agreement from Cahoot, so

16th October 2017.. There is a small balance of a current account attached to this credit card. £100.74..They seem to be more concerned with payment of this at the moment . We are ignoring it as to do anything I feel could jeapordise the larger credit card debt. I am just noting it here as it is part of this account in a way ?

Hi all

We have received a letter from Moorcroft who are dealing with this account. They do seem to be more concerned at chasing the small overdraft at the moment, which is attached to this credit card. Its only a small amount but I feel that if she responded to this ..ie paying it , it would jeopardise the big credit card debt.

Anyway, my query is with the letter they sent this time. it says " therefore your account has now been passed to our Home Collections Division for action. This may involve our local representative calling at your home address. Please call us if there is a particular time or date" bla bla !!!!

Does this warrant a letter about home visits by appointment / not permitted ? I thought is was a dumb attempt at trying to get her to invite them over for chit chat over coffee !!

Thanks again, can t tell you how different my daughter is compared to 12 months ago, despite just out of hospital with cancer scare.... she s doing great !!

If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

If it were me I would not be making any payments full stop. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say a small current account balance attached to the credit card.....I'm guessing that these are two seperate accounts but with the same creditor? Either way I would not be thinking of paying at this stage

If they see that a payment has been made on an account then it could spur them to press a bit harder with other matters. If you ever did need to settle the small balance for some reason.......then you could always do that if you had to at a later stage and it will still be the same amount.......so why risk it?

With regard to Moorcroft and the "home collections special ops SAS branch corps".......I would not be too worried as most times they never do turn up......and even if they do just don't answer the door or if you answer the door by mistake just shut it again and go inside etc (Which I suspect you more than already know)- Although I appreciate its not nice

If you had not sent the threat of home visit template letter already.........Then I think that's what I would do in your position - Sent recorded delivery so they can never say they were not advised
      Last edited by Spud; 18 October 2017, 21:09.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Spud... confirms what I thought, I shall print that letter off. I had Morons in the past, and they were n't too difficult.. Yes the £100 is an overdraft on a current account that fed into the credit card. It was an online setup with Cahoot which seems to be something to do with Santander. I know that current accounts are not the same as credit cards, and when I told her to move her current account she tried to close the current account with Cahoot. It seemed to be a problem with them so she just left it.

Thats what we will do now, file away, and I will send the no visitors letter . Thank you
        If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Hi , just updating. from westcot/ Lloyds ...added to diary

" November 2nd 2017 Letter from Westcot letting us know they "know where you are " and will continue to text, phone , send letters and generally annoy unless we respond. BE AFRAID!!!...So its getting filed and it seems that they know there is no agreement to fight with..."

It was quite polite really, I should n't mock....

Daughter is doing ok now despite all this side of things, the divorce is complete and the house in her name, this has helped enormously with her other problems as able to " get straight", AAD is a brilliant haven to come to to get on the right track in life .....

Comment

Wescott told me once where I lived = nice of them??? lol
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

My daughter does seem to have really polite considerate creditors

Received this letter today and would like opinions if you would. Its from the gentlemen (or women) of Westcot again, My opinion is that they more or less know there is not much chance of taking her to court , it is deemed from the man who knows these things. That they just want contact and clutching at straws. She is also getting emails, texts and calls which she blocks and ignores. Which is what I feel should be done with this latest "offer"..

No figures given , they just want contact... is my thinking correct ?

SB Loyds offer20171109_15112226.pdf
              Last edited by Susiebling365; 9 November 2017, 15:36.

Comment

Hi

"No figures given , they just want contact... is my thinking correct ?"

Agreed - just trying to tempt you. I would ignore.
                Last edited by Still Waving; 9 November 2017, 16:09.

Comment

...that;ll do for me

Comment

Not even had a glass of wine either....

It does take a while to load onto the site, guess i got impatient, and now stuck with repetitiveness

Comment

Hi All....I m still here, life does get in the way

The Tech Clerk We have just had a letter too from Wescot/Lloyds now also trading as 2F ( do they do this to confuse ) could translate that to something rude , but I m too polite. They also know where we live.....and ?

We are still getting odd letters warning, cajolling , whatever, so I shall just update and file . She is nearly one year in, and is doing much better, thanks to family and friends....Have a good xmas break and ..... where would we be without this internet haven

Comment

"Co operative Bank

Type : Credit Card
                        Date Started : 4th September 1997
                        Approx Balance :£4301.58 as at Dec 2016
                        Date last paid : January 2016. (full payment)
                        Arrangement: paying regularly up until now
                        Minimum payments and to date are being paid each month
                        Account still with Co operative Bank
                        January 16: Sent a copy of the agreement to Niddy and although its not a good copy regarding this as
                        February 17 Stopped the DD after much deliberation, and the need to take back control.
                        May 3rd 17 Received Default notice, dated 18th April 17

August 2nd Received letters from Co op and Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd ( not heard of these) The account has now been sold to them. The debt is now owed to ALC5 but Link remains as servicer for the account. We are just filing this one away.

August 17th 2 letters from Link Financial Out sourcing. The first one (no date ) They say they are entitled to immediate repayment of the debt but are giving her the opportunity to clear the debt by monthly instalments of £45.64 by direct debit. This letter also says that they have bought the debt

The second letter dated 17th just asks her to ring . Filed away

24 th January 2018 Letter from Link to let us know they have not written for so long as they have had to validate her address. Could she ring them

10th April 2018 Letter from Link . reminding us that the debt has been sold to them and the usual blurb about repayment. Now do I ignore this or remind them its been sold in dispute, although co op did forward a poor copy of the agreement ."

Hi I ve just updated our diaries . Nothing much really to report thank goodness , but I would like to ask a couple of questions if thats ok. Co op , in this last letter from Link are said to have sold the debt to Link. Do I ignore this or do I say its been sold in dispute ? Not sure on this, as they have sent us a poor copy of an agreement. Your experience would be appreciated.

The other question is, if my daughter moves home , which is highly likely now the divorce and finances are done with. Does she notify these people, or let them find her and verify who she is ?

Thanks in advance, hope you are all good, 2018 has started with a big bang for me and mine , babies , deaths, holidays, illness , moving home blah blah ... still breadmaking though S.B

Comment

Hi I ve just updated our diaries . Nothing much really to report thank goodness , but I would like to ask a couple of questions if thats ok. Co op , in this last letter from Link are said to have sold the debt to Link. Do I ignore this or do I say its been sold in dispute ? Not sure on this, as they have sent us a poor copy of an agreement. Your experience would be appreciated.

The other question is, if my daughter moves home , which is highly likely now the divorce and finances are done with. Does she notify these people, or let them find her and verify who she is ?
                          You have certainly been through the loop 2018!

I think Di's comment here https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...10#post1498910 should be your guide.
                          Assignment issues?
                          Well you show the current debt owner as ALC5 I assume that's an abbreviation for Asset Link Capital (no5) Limited - perhaps you could check and confirm this!
                          If my assumption is correct I suggest you print out the following and store a copy with the filing - so that it isn't overlooked because that Company isn't licensed with FCA http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=652307

Link won't know of the EN status of Co-op CCA! So we don't want to raise any issues at this time, or get them looking in that direction!

As for your daughters changing her address my thoughts would be to think of mail redirection at first rather than notifying Link

Di mentions PPI has your daughter checked this out? "..This account was opened in 1997. Was there PPI on it? .."

I should wait and see what Link send and post up here for guidance.
                          Last edited by Roger; 17 April 2018, 09:15.

Comment

Thanks Roger....Oh baby is lovely, death was just my ex but caused a lot of waves, One in one out !! I cope, I make bread and knit

The company is Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd. Is this the same company you are talking about. I ll follow the links in a min. This one bothers me a bit as we did have a poor copy of an agreement for Co op. Niddy put that to being enforceable.

She has done a check for PPi recently She says she had a claim for money back from Santander . However they said something about how she has money owing with them, and how does she expect to get the PPI money without it being balanced against the debt ?
                            The claim has gone no further. She daren't chase it and they have sent nothing else to her.

I ll go to the links now

​​​​​​​SB

Comment

ALC5.... I did wonder about the abbreviation, but presumed it was the same one ... Do you think so? on the letterhead it says Link and then further down, Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd.... This latest letter says its been sold to them

So does this count as being sold while in dispute ? I ll read further .... sometimes I can t take it all in ... the information....

Comment

I have just followed the links, I went to the FCA site and searched and the Link FO came up as authorised to provide regulated services and products. I don t presume to completely understand, but looks like this is legit , to chase this account ??

So do I ignore things so far, as they have said the account been sold to them?

I found them on the Financial services register, as they directed me to there from the one Di posted. ?
                                Last edited by Susiebling365; 17 April 2018, 13:29. Reason: added a bit more info

Comment

Working...
                                X