GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    Re: sebaab's diary

Debt 8
    Type: Credit Card (Natwest)
    Start Date: 2010
    Balance: 3k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: not paying
    Account Owner: Wescot Credit Services
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped

24 Dec 2016 from Wescot Credit Services Ltd "contact us directly to discuss your situation"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Wescot
    Feb 2017 letter from Wescot "Following your recent request for a copy of the signed agreement , our client has requested you write to the following address and state in your covering letter that this is section 77/78 request and enclose a £1.00 postal order or cheque payable to our client (******address of client here*****), trusting the above clarifies the situation"
    Nov 2017 letter from Cabot Financial "Our offer to you. We are prepared to reduce the balance to help you become free blah blah. If you'd like to contact us blah blah"
    Same as above - Cabot offering a reduced balance amount to clear the "debt". No thanks I'll wait to see what happens

Comment

Debt 4
      Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard)
      Start Date: 2008
      Balance: 5.2k
      Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
      Account Owner: PRA Group UK
      Key:
      sent
      received
      other information

Start of Diary:

20 Jan 2017 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"
      8 Feb 2017 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to PRA Group
      Update Feb '17 Letter from PRA Group "Dear Mr (Incorrect Surname!)", "I've requested the required information. Until this is received I have placed your account on hold", "I will contact you as soon as possible"

Update Sept '17 Letter from PRA Group A basic account summary. Also a discounted settlement offer.
      Update Jan '18 Letter from PRA Group "We have enclosed copy documents as requested. Enclosed: Short Form Cancellation, Historic Terms and Conditions, Varied Terms and Conditions"
      In response to my CCA request way back in Feb 2017 they've now sent me some paperwork. Can I send it to you for evaluation please Niddy?

Comment

In response to my CCA request way back in Feb 2017 they've now sent me some paperwork. Can I send it to you for evaluation please Niddy?
        Hi

email it to Niddy - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk - Head it Sebaab's CCA and include a link to this thread in the email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

email it to Niddy - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk - Head it Sebaab's CCA and include a link to this thread in the email.
          Thank you!

Comment

This one is UE

Comment

Debt 5
              Type: Credit Card (M&S)
              Start Date: 2006
              Balance: 2k
              Account Owner: M&S
              Key:
              sent
              received
              other information

Start of Diary:

4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
              5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
              8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
              24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
              8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
              Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
              Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
              This one is
              Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
              Update March 2017 from Moorcroft "We haven't been able to make contact with you so will continue with debt collection. This may include us or another agency writing to you"
              Update Apr 2017 from Moorcroft "monthly Installment Offer"
              Update May 2017 from Moorcroft "Discount Offer", "We may be able to offer you a discount from your outstanding balance", "Phone us immediately"

Update June 2017 from M&S "We are writing to inform you that we have asked Fredrickson International to take responsibilty for your account. They will contact you in due course"
              Update June 2017 from Fredrickson "M&S Bank have instructed us to contact you regarding the above acccount and all communication should now be with us. Please contact us to discuss your account"

Update February 2018 from M&S Bank "We have transferred ownership of your M&S account to Cabot Financial UK Limited"

Update Februaury 2018 from Cabot Financial "Your account has a new home - we are now responsible for for helping you manage your account...."

Update April 2018 from Cabot Financial "What you should do now", "1. Gather details of your income and expenditure, 2. Call us on 0345 ******, 3. Work with us to agree an affordable payment plan"

Update May 2018 from Cabot Financial "Your outstanding Balance - potential legal action", " What legal action could mean - Our typical approach would be to instruct a solicitor to issue a claim for the amount due and then make an application for a County Court Judgement (CCJ) to be awarded against you" , "Next Steps - we would prefer to avoid legal action and arrange a repayment plan with you directly or talk through other options. If you don't contact us within the next 14 days we will proceed as highlighted above"
              Ok so I've been slacking on the updates lately due to various personal reasons I'd rather not reveal in public but lets just say I'm now renting a house and living on my own. The letters I'm receiving are going to my mother's house for some reason! I have no idea how they got my "interim" address (I was staying there for a few months) but this is worrying her somewhat. Please can you advise on this issue and also the latest letter from Cabot regarding legal action. It's only slightly worrying because the debt is enforceable.
              Last edited by sebaab; 13 June 2018, 20:05.

Comment

• Diana Mayhew
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Please can you advise on this issue and also the latest letter from Cabot regarding legal action. It's only slightly worrying because the debt is enforceable.

From what I can see you sent a s 77-79 CCA Request to the original creditor (M&S) via a DCA (Moorcroft) in February 2017. The credit agreement you were sent in response was considered enforceable.

That was then, this is now.

The debt was subsequently assigned (sold) to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who may not have access to the same information/documentation depending on any condition in the Deeds.

I don't know about you, but whenever I move house I always seem to lose stuff along the way

According to you that latest Cabot letter says that their "typical approach would be to instruct a solicitor to issue a claim" . I won't disagree with that statement.

However issuing a claim and winning in court are two very different things. There're many ways to defeat a court claim even if the credit agreement is compliant.

If Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd want to instruct a solicitor then they (the solicitor) will write to you. Post on you thread if/when they do.

Since the 1st October last year (2017) new Pre Action Protocol says that they have to send you a formal Letter Before Claim giving you 30 days to respond before issuing a claim.

Di
                  Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 13 June 2018, 22:32. Reason: typos

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

From what I can see you sent a s 77-79 CCA Request to the original creditor (M&S) via a DCA (Moorcroft) in February 2017. The credit agreement you were sent in response was considered enforceable.

The debt was subsequently assigned (sold) to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who may not have access to the same information/documentation depending on any condition in the Deeds.

I don't know about you, but whenever I move house I always seem to lose stuff along the way

According to you that latest Cabot letter says that their "typical approach would be to instruct a solicitor to issue a claim" . I won't disagree with that statement.

However issuing a claim and winning in court are two very different things. There're many ways to defeat a court claim even if the credit agreement is compliant.

If Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd want to instruct a solicitor then they (the solicitor) will write to you. Post on you thread if/when they do.

Since the 1st October last year (2017) new Pre Action Protocol says that they have to send you a formal Letter Before Claim giving you 30 days to respond before issuing a claim.

Di
                    Ok I'll sit tight and see what they send next. Thanks Diana

Comment

Debt 5
                      Type: Credit Card (M&S)
                      Start Date: 2006
                      Balance: 2k
                      Account Owner: Cabot Financial UK Limited
                      Key:
                      sent
                      received
                      other information

Start of Diary:

4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
                      5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
                      8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
                      24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
                      8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
                      Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
                      Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
                      This one is
                      Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
                      Update March 2017 from Moorcroft "We haven't been able to make contact with you so will continue with debt collection. This may include us or another agency writing to you"
                      Update Apr 2017 from Moorcroft "monthly Installment Offer"
                      Update May 2017 from Moorcroft "Discount Offer", "We may be able to offer you a discount from your outstanding balance", "Phone us immediately"

Update June 2017 from M&S "We are writing to inform you that we have asked Fredrickson International to take responsibilty for your account. They will contact you in due course"
                      Update June 2017 from Fredrickson "M&S Bank have instructed us to contact you regarding the above acccount and all communication should now be with us. Please contact us to discuss your account"

Update February 2018 from M&S Bank "We have transferred ownership of your M&S account to Cabot Financial UK Limited"

Update Februaury 2018 from Cabot Financial "Your account has a new home - we are now responsible for for helping you manage your account...."

Update April 2018 from Cabot Financial "What you should do now", "1. Gather details of your income and expenditure, 2. Call us on 0345 ******, 3. Work with us to agree an affordable payment plan"

Update May 2018 from Cabot Financial "Your outstanding Balance - potential legal action", " What legal action could mean - Our typical approach would be to instruct a solicitor to issue a claim for the amount due and then make an application for a County Court Judgement (CCJ) to be awarded against you" , "Next Steps - we would prefer to avoid legal action and arrange a repayment plan with you directly or talk through other options. If you don't contact us within the next 14 days we will proceed as highlighted above"

Update June 2018 from Cabot Financial "As we have not heard from you we have referred your account to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors", "Mortimer Clarke will want to speak with you in the next 7 days"

Update June 2018 from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors "We need youtr attention - potential legal action. Please call us on 0333 121 445* ", "If you do not contact us within the next 30 days, Cabot may ask us to issue court proceedings and then we will ask the court to order a county court judgment against you", "If we have not heard from you by 12th July 2018 we are instructed to issue court proceedings against you unless Cabot instructs us otherwise "
                      received 2 letters - 1 from Cabot and 1 from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors with a vague threat of court proceedings. Should I take this seriously or continue to ignore? Also included from Cabot was a statement of account covering the last 5 months

Comment

• we may this we may that. see what others think
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Diana Mayhew

Comment

received 2 letters - 1 from Cabot and 1 from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors with a vague threat of court proceedings. Should I take this seriously or continue to ignore? Also included from Cabot was a statement of account covering the last 5 months

My answer to that would be the same as my post #188

Try not to feel unsettled by letters threatening legal proceedings because that's what they always say.

You say Mortimer Clarke's letter is only a "vague threat" and not a formal Letter Before Claim, but if you get one of those (a LBC) post up and it may make sense to send a s 77-79 CCA Request at that point since the 'enforceable' credit agreement was sent in response to your request to M & S so things may change once the debt is assigned (i.e. assignment issues etc)

This is post # 188

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                            Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

My answer to that would be the same as my post #188

Try not to feel unsettled by letters threatening legal proceedings because that's what they always say.

You say Mortimer Clarke's letter is only a "vague threat" and not a formal Letter Before Claim, but if you get one of those (a LBC) post up and it may make sense to send a s 77-79 CCA Request at that point since the 'enforceable' credit agreement was sent in response to your request to M & S so things may change once the debt is assigned (i.e. assignment issues etc)

This is post # 188
                              Hi Diana, many thanks for your response. I wasn't worried about the letters I've received, more concerned about what may come next. So, I'll play the waiting game. I don't think it'll take them long but as you say I can fire a CCA request back at them

Comment

Hi Diana, many thanks for your response. I wasn't worried about the letters I've received, more concerned about what may come next. So, I'll play the waiting game. I don't think it'll take them long but as you say I can fire a CCA request back at them

Exactly

In the meantime I suggest you send a SAR to M&S to see what data they hold on you. Leave it a couple of weeks.

This might include any recent dialogue between them and Cabot in response to your CCA Request to them (Cabot).

The Transaction Log may ultimately prove to be helpful.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X