GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Westham1 UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westham1 UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
    That's what I was thinking Di - don't send off a cca request until I need to.
    When I received the letter from Mint in April 2013, they stated that the account was closed in February, but according to my Noddle report the account was defaulted on March 13th 2013.
    I don't recall getting a default notice.
    However I thought I read somewhere that you can't default on a closed account, so in this case, as a hypothetical question, if a claim was made at the beginning of March 2019 would the account be sb'd?

In which case I would definitely not send a s 77-79 CCA Request at this moment in time.

I can't answer your hypothetical question without knowing the actual situation. A SAR to RBS will reveal all (about the default and termination dates etc) but I would let sleeping dogs lie for now.

Di

Comment

• I haven't heard anything from Cabot since I told their bulldogs to leave my premises in January.
      I'm just wondering if anyone else who started getting letters at the same time as me around May 2016 has been getting any letters from Cabot in the last 2 months?
      A couple of you should be sb by now.

Comment

• I have just looked at my latest Noddle report and for the Cabot entry there is another line

Account holder status Gone-away

This is following-on from them being told that I don't live at my address. So far so good .......

Comment

• Letter from Intrum informing me that 1st Credit became Intrum UK Ltd, and I don't need to contact them regarding my account.

Comment

Letter from Intrum informing me that 1st Credit became Intrum UK Ltd, and I don't need to contact them regarding my account.
            Nice to be NOT wanted!

Comment

• not sad in this case, they will bombard you no doubt, decades ago they conned me in collusion with a solicitor and another DCA, one day =what goes around comes around
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I have just looked at my new Noddle report and 2 of the accounts haven't been updated this month, PRA (this is on another thread) and Cabot. The Cabot one is very encouraging, especially as following a house visit by Resolvecall in January, they updated my report last month to 'gone-away' - it will be interesting to see if it gets updated next month.

Comment

• 11/6/18 Letter from Intrum trying to get in touch again - if we do not hear from you in 10 days one of our reps to will be in contact about repayment..
                  They include the letter I received from Barclays assigning the debt to 1st Credit in 2015.

22/6/18 Another innocuous letter with a i&e form attached.

They are also trying to find me via mobile and email, which goes to spam.

Comment

I have just looked at my new Noddle report and 2 of the accounts haven't been updated this month, PRA (this is on another thread) and Cabot. The Cabot one is very encouraging, especially as following a house visit by Resolvecall in January, they updated my report last month to 'gone-away' - it will be interesting to see if it gets updated next month.
                    Noddle report in June - 'gone-away' status for Cabot not there now. They must have confirmed that I haven't moved house.

Comment

• Hi,

I have put this email into one post so that there is a better thread

1st Credit
                      -formerly an Egg Account opened in 2005, transferred to Barclaycard in 2011 or 2012. Defaulted Dec 2014.

Feb 2015 Assignment letter from Barclaycard, and intro from 1st Credit

21st Dec 2016 Financial statement received from 1st credit covering 1/12/2015 - 30/11/2016

May 2017

Letter from 1st Credit which was a copy of the one they sent in 2015 (see post #1).
                      They also enclosed a cca which they said satisfied my request in the letter I had sent.
                      However this cca was a copy of an application I made to Barclaycard in 2008., and the t&c's were from the Egg application.
                      The only account I opened with Barclaycard was the one in 2008 which was closed a couple of years ago with no issues.

8th June 2017
                      Another letter from 1st Credit threatening that County Court proceedings are being considered and that I need to contact them within 10 days (letter dated 2nd June).

13th June 2017

I sent a LBA letter to 1st Credit which was signed for today.

14th June 2017

Discount letter from 1st Credit - ignored

1st July 2017, 20:28
                      Reply from 1st Credit to my lba.
                      They said
                      "We can confirm that a copy of the agreement and copy statements were issued to you previously. With regard to the DOA we would refer youto section 136 of the Law of Property act 1925. which provides that the debtor is notified of the assignment of debt in writing, which we have already provided.
                      Regarding your request of the default notice and termination notice we have requested these from the OC and will contact you again once we receive their response."

6th July 2017, 12:22
                      SAR sent to Barclaycard.

16th August 2017, 18:10
                      Today I received two parcels from Barclays.
                      1. Bundle of pages regarding my SAR request
                      2. Bundle of papers regarding somebody else's SAR request.

With regards to mine, I was expecting to be included, amongst othe things
                      A} A copy of the letter which they sent me in 2011 or 2012 to say they had bought Egg and had taken over that account (this is the account in default which 1st Credit now own).
                      B) A copy of the default notice which they sent in December 2014

I noticed in the SAR report that in May 2017 1st Credit sent an email asking for everything pertaining to the defaulted account and a couple of months ago 1st Credit sent a copy of a cca for a different barclaycard account which was opened in 2008 and settled and closed in 2014.
                      This doesn't help me very much at all.

18th August 2017, 17:12
                      Reply from Roger
                      "..your request of the default notice and termination notice we have requested these from the OC and will contact you again once we receive their response."

Well you know they asked in May and you know from the SRA
                      A} A copy of the letter which they sent me in 2011 or 2012 to say they had bought Egg and had taken over that account (this is the account in default which 1st Credit now own).
                      B) A copy of the default notice which they sent in December 2014

Neither of these were included ?. Its reasonable to assume that 1st Credit haven't got these documents.

The Default Notice is a key document!

20th August 2017

Reply from Di
                      Are you saying that 1st Credit hasn't complied with your CCA Request because they sent you a credit agreement that has nothing to do with the debt which they currently own?

I think that's very helpful

Whatever happens don't tell them they've got it wrong.

Is there any sign of the Egg credit agreement in that Barclaycard SAR? If not then 1st Credit won't be able to get it either.

30th August 2017, 15:50 - my reply
                      Hi Di,
                      I replied to your query in post #107, where I summarised the history.
                      I started this thread in post #86.
                      The Egg internet application is in the SAR. All it contains are my details, dated April 2005, the card type is EGG CARD.. There aren't any Egg t&c's in the SAR.

There are also 2 more barclaycard applications in the SAR.
                      1. Barclaycard visa from 2004 (which I had forgotten about) - last used about 2006 as far as I can make out from the SAR
                      2. Barclaycard Oyster in 2008.

The 2008 one is the application which 1st credit sent me, along with EGG t&c's from between 2004-2005..
                      Barclaycard must have mistakenly sent this 2008 form to 1st Credit, would they have also sent them the Egg t&c's (which weren't in the SAR)? or would 1st Credit have obtained these themselves?

21st Dec 2017 Financial statement received from 1st credit covering 1/12/2016 - 30/11/2017

30th April 2018, 23:41
                      Letter from Intrum informing me that 1st Credit became Intrum UK Ltd, and I don't need to contact them regarding my account.

23rd June 2018, 12:20
                      11/6/18 Letter from Intrum trying to get in touch again - if we do not hear from you in 10 days one of our reps to will be in contact about repayment..
                      They include the letter I received from Barclays assigning the debt to 1st Credit(Finance) Limited in 2015.

22/6/18 Another innocuous letter with a i&e form attached.

They are also trying to find me via mobile and email, which goes to spam.
                      Last edited by Westham1; 23 June 2018, 21:25. Reason: debt assignment to 1st Credit(Finance) Limited

Comment

• Just noticed Who was/is the Current Creditor/Account Owner?
                        1st Credit(Finance) Limited?
                        It will be on the NOA and probably say something like
                        1st Credit (Finance) Limited appointed
                        1stCredit (now of course Intrum)

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Just noticed Who was/is the Current Creditor/Account Owner?
                          1st Credit(Finance) Limited?
                          It will be on the NOA and probably say something like
                          1st Credit (Finance) Limited appointed
                          1stCredit (now of course Intrum)
                          Yes Roger, it was 1st Credit(Finance) Ltd, now Intrum.

Comment

Yes Roger, it was 1st Credit(Finance) Ltd, now Intrum.
                            1st Credit(Finance) Ltd (lapsed)
                            http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=514938
                            I should print off and file away

Comment

• So there was a name change to Intrum - have Intrum got a license?

Comment

So there was a name change to Intrum - have Intrum got a license?
                                Itrum brought out the 1st Credit Limited Group Both were and are FCA Authorised ( 1st Credit Finance Limited are part of this group)
                                The Debt was Assigned to 1st Credit Finance Limited
                                The situation is as set out with Cabot have a read through Niddy's Blog here.
                                See Niddy's Blog
                                https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550

"..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive

Comment

Working...
                                X