GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Westham1 UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westham1 UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    thats when I knew I could safely say they had no knowedge of the £8k loan i had defaulted on.
    that was a happy day

Comment

• Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
      Today I received two parcels from Barclays.
      1. Bundle of pages regarding my SAR request
      2. Bundle of papers regarding somebody else's SAR request.

I'm not sure if this might be useful, but when i received some paperwork not meant for me, with much help from (and thanks to) Never-In-Doubt, my account got written off. The details are all in my diary post here: https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...882#post311882

I wonder if a similar tactic might be used in your case?

Comment

• I doubt if this would work in my case as Barclaycard sold the account to 1st Credit over 2 years ago.
        In your case, when you did get the correct paperworks, was everything included ie default notice, account termination notice.
        This account was originally an Egg card, opened in 2005, which Barclaycard took over in about 2011.
        I remember receiving a letter from Barclaycard at the time, but I don't think I kept it.
        I thought this letter would have been included in the SAR details.
        That was the main reason I sent for the SAR.
        I noticed in the SAR report in May 2017 1st Credit sent an email asking for everything pertaining to the defaulted account and a couple of months ago 1st Credit sent a copy of a cca for a different barclaycard account which was opened in 2008 and settled and closed in 2014.
        This doesn't help me very much at all.

Comment

"..your request of the default notice and termination notice we have requested these from the OC and will contact you again once we receive their response."

Well you know they asked in May and you know from the SRA
          A} A copy of the letter which they sent me in 2011 or 2012 to say they had bought Egg and had taken over that account (this is the account in default which 1st Credit now own).
          B) A copy of the default notice which they sent in December 2014

Neither of these were included ?. Its reasonable to assume that 1st Credit haven't got these documents.

The Default Notice is a key document!

I should file the SRA away. If you are over concerned simply write back to Barclays for confirmation that this is ALL they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
            I noticed in the SAR report in May 2017 1st Credit sent an email asking for everything pertaining to the defaulted account and a couple of months ago 1st Credit sent a copy of a cca for a different barclaycard account which was opened in 2008 and settled and closed in 2014.
            This doesn't help me very much at all.
            Are you saying that 1st Credit hasn't complied with your CCA Request because they sent you a credit agreement that has nothing to do with the debt which they currently own?

I think that's very helpful

Whatever happens don't tell them they've got it wrong.

Is there any sign of the Egg credit agreement in that Barclaycard SAR? If not then 1st Credit won't be able to get it either.

Is the history of this debt in a post on this thread and if so which post number?

Di

Comment

• Hi Di,
              I replied to your query in post #107, where I summarised the history.
              I started this thread in post #86.
              The Egg internet application is in the SAR. All it contains are my details, dated April 2005, the card type is EGG CARD.. There aren't any Egg t&c's in the SAR.

There are also 2 more barclaycard applications in the SAR.
              1. Barclaycard visa from 2004 (which I had forgotten about) - last used about 2006 as far as I can make out from the SAR
              2. Barclaycard Oyster in 2008.

The 2008 one is the application which 1st credit sent me, along with EGG t&c's from between 2004-2005..
              Barclaycard must have mistakenly sent this 2008 form to 1st Credit, would they have also sent them the Egg t&c's (which weren't in the SAR)? or would 1st Credit have obtained these themselves?

Comment

• Another letter from Cabot about the debt that they bought from RBS.
                They didn't send one in September but have sent another one now.
                However, it is still non-threatening, saying that the debt must be paid and I can make a lump sum payment if I would rather be free of the debt more quickly.
                They can also offer me a discount if it's affordable to me.
                They have also sent me another i&e form.

Last year they sent an annual statement at the end of September - are they not obliged to send one every year?

Comment

• Had the same letter myself today, enclosing the 4th I&E form. Also last September they sent a half-yearly statement, but none further.

Since May last year they have sent a series of non-threatening letters. Maybe they know they are unable to enforce?

Comment

• I don't understand why they have sent non-threatening letters for 18 months,.
                    Having said that I hope they continue for another 18 months - that will be me done !

Comment

• Maybe they are just hoping to wear you down! Sometimes a 'good' offer can persuade people to acknowledge and or set up a payment plan.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• RBS debt - Letter from Cabot offering 25% discount.
                        Christmas is coming and the goose from Cabot isn't going to get fat from my pocket.

Comment

• another letter
                          Last edited by Westham1; 21 December 2017, 15:44.

Comment

• Another letter from Cabot.
                            They say that they are going to instruct Resolvecall to visit me at my home as they have been unable to establish contact.
                            Has anyone else been threatened with this, and has anyone had a visit from them?

Comment

• it is very rare for them to visit, they sometime phone you.
                              if anyone does call and you open the door to them, just ask them to close the gate on the way out, they have NO legal authority to ask any personal questions or collect any monies.
                              it is a threat to try and panic you into calling them and admitting the debt.

Have a happy Christmas xxx
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• From Resolvecall website -

"Our contact is generally made via letters, calls, emails and texts. Where we visit your home, this may simply be to re-connect you with our clients or to discuss available options."

Comment

Working...
                                X