GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
    Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Barclaycard
    • Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 2006
    • Approx balance £3268.75 (I have paid £2440.78)
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paid since Jan 16
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) in default since 2011
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barclaycard

I haven't CCA'd Barclaycard yet. I PPI's them, but have no PPI with them.

10/2/16 - CCA request posted.

29/3/16 - CCA received, sent to Niddy to look at.

Letter received from Barclaycard dated 29/3/16. We have been trying to contact you for several months, but haven't been able to reach a suitable repayment arrangement with you. As your account it still overdue, we need to let you know what will happen if you don't make a payment or get in touch with us. It then goes on about issuing a default notice.

Spoke to Plan B today about this account and there are a few discrepancies on both the forms supplied and credit file. Still waiting for Niddy to return, but pretty much look unenforceable. Also missing Conditions.

22/4/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £45.60 interest and £12 'other charge' added.

11/5/16 - default notice received from barclaycard dated 5 May 2016.

23/5/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £42.04 interest added.

8/6/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 2/6/16.

A default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full (it's basically telling me that my account is with the recoveries team and may be passed to a DCA - it's a side and a half of a page)!

15/9/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 10/9/16. I am writing to notify you that the above account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (HPH2 LTD) on 22/8/16. This means that the effective owners of the above account are now Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. HPH2 Ltd has appointed Robinson Way Limited as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding this account should now be directed to Robinson Way. With effect from the date of receipt of this notice all payments due to barclaycard shall be paid to HPH2 Ltd via Robinson Way.

16/9/16 - two letters received in the same envelope from HPH2 ltd and Robinson Way

28/9/16 - letter from Robinson way dated 22/9/16 offering me four payment options with a weekly payment

10/10/16 - letter received from Robinson way.

it is important that you get in touch with us to tell us about your situation. If we don't hear from you, we will have to make a decision on what happens next to the balance you owe.

options we have to consider are

* whether to advise our client to instruct Howard Cohen & Co solicitors to commence legal action against you; or
    * further collection activity, letters and calls

We would prefer to agree an affordable arrangement and it's not too late for this.

alternatively, our client has confirmed they are willing to accept a single payment of £2,490.63 to clear this balance in one payment

please contact us .................blah

4/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 31/10/16

Pre-Legal Assessment
    your account remains unpaid despite previous attempts to contact you.
    we have assessed your account and established that it meets our initial criteria to be considered for legal action. We now need to understand your individual circumstances to determine the most appropriate action to be taken for your account.
    The best way for us to understand your circumstances is for you to contact us. If you do not contact us we will be forced to assess your account for litigation based on the information we currently hold for you.

what this means for you

*Your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors in 10 days without further notice.
    *If your account is transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors and court action is taken they will ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you owe. If the court grants their request then the amount you owe will increase.

its not too late to agree and affordable payment plan:

*if you would rather agree and affordable payment plan directly with us to prevent us considering passing your account to Howard Cohen & Co or if you believe you have a valid dispute relating to this account please call us before 11/11/16.

*if you prefer you can deal with your account online ......blah

24/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 19/11/16 - Another Pre Legal Assessment letter the same as the one above giving me until 30/12/16 to contact them.

14/12/16 - notice of Pending Legal Action received from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors threatening court action.

14/12/16 - SWID sent to Robinson Way and LBA sent to Howard Cohen.

30/12/16 - letter from Robinson Way noting my complaint/dispute. Collection activities ceased until its investigated.

22/817 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter)

update to the barclaycard account. I don't think they will not have much success for this as I think it started off as a Morgan Stanley card. Last request I received was unenforceable.

all my accounts will be off my credit records by the end of October (just the arrow global one and the three that are owned by Cabot on there at the moment.

Next month, my husband will be paying off our mortgage, so we will be mortgage free. He is also treating me and my son to a trip to Australia. I'm going for just under four weeks. Let's hope nothing comes in that time that's worrying. I do have a friend keeping an eye on the letters for me.

Comment

Barclaycard
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,

Letter received from Barclaycard dated 29/3/16. We have been trying to contact you for several months, but haven't been able to reach a suitable repayment arrangement with you. As your account it still overdue, we need to let you know what will happen if you don't make a payment or get in touch with us. It then goes on about issuing a default notice.

Spoke to Plan B today about this account and there are a few discrepancies on both the forms supplied and credit file. Still waiting for Niddy to return, but pretty much look unenforceable. Also missing Conditions.

22/4/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £45.60 interest and £12 'other charge' added.

A default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full (it's basically telling me that my account is with the recoveries team and may be passed to a DCA - it's a side and a half of a page)!

15/9/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 10/9/16. I am writing to notify you that the above account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (HPH2 LTD) on 22/8/16. This means that the effective owners of the above account are now Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. HPH2 Ltd has appointed Robinson Way Limited as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding this account should now be directed to Robinson Way. With effect from the date of receipt of this notice all payments due to barclaycard shall be paid to HPH2 Ltd via Robinson Way.

16/9/16 - two letters received in the same envelope from HPH2 ltd and Robinson Way

28/9/16 - letter from Robinson way dated 22/9/16 offering me four payment options with a weekly payment

it is important that you get in touch with us to tell us about your situation. If we don't hear from you, we will have to make a decision on what happens next to the balance you owe.

* whether to advise our client to instruct Howard Cohen & Co solicitors to commence legal action against you; or

We would prefer to agree an affordable arrangement and it's not too late for this.

alternatively, our client has confirmed they are willing to accept a single payment of £2,490.63 to clear this balance in one payment

Pre-Legal Assessment
      we have assessed your account and established that it meets our initial criteria to be considered for legal action. We now need to understand your individual circumstances to determine the most appropriate action to be taken for your account.
      The best way for us to understand your circumstances is for you to contact us. If you do not contact us we will be forced to assess your account for litigation based on the information we currently hold for you.

what this means for you

*Your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors in 10 days without further notice.
      *If your account is transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors and court action is taken they will ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you owe. If the court grants their request then the amount you owe will increase.

*if you would rather agree and affordable payment plan directly with us to prevent us considering passing your account to Howard Cohen & Co or if you believe you have a valid dispute relating to this account please call us before 11/11/16.

24/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 19/11/16 - Another Pre Legal Assessment letter the same as the one above giving me until 30/12/16 to contact them.

14/12/16 - notice of Pending Legal Action received from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors threatening court action.

30/12/16 - letter from Robinson Way noting my complaint/dispute. Collection activities ceased until its investigated.

22/8/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter)

6/10/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter same as above). This letter also states that they will write to me again in five weeks.

Hi All,

Just updated this thread. Letter received from RW same as before, but this time letting me know that they will write to me again in five weeks. Lets hope the next letter is writing off the debt!

Comment

Hi All,

Just updated this thread. Letter received from RW same as before, but this time letting me know that they will write to me again in five weeks. Lets hope the next letter is writing off the debt!
        Haha - good luck!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Still quiet!! All my debts are now off my credit report, so I wonder if the letters will now not say that they will continue to report on my credit reports!! Also, my husband paid off our mortgage with his pension, so the mortgage is no longer shown as outstanding.

Cabot own three of my debts and it has been a year since they purchased them. I wonder if they will sell them on now!!

Comment

Barclaycard

Pre-Legal Assessment

what this means for you

22/8/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter)

6/10/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter same as above). This letter also states that they will write to me again in five weeks.

8/11/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for a response from Barclaycard
            Robinson Way are still waiting to hear from Barclaycard! its been nearly a year now since they received my SWID letter. Long may it continue!!

Comment

• All defaults have fallen off my credit records and Experian (under MSE money club scores me 998/999!) - I dont intent to get any credit, so it is irrelevant anyway. Now the DCAs cant threaten to ‘continue to report to the credit reference agencies’. I wonder what they will threaten me with now?

My mortgage is now cleared (my husband partially retired and paid it off) so that may encourage them to turn up the screws a bit, so I will have to keep an eye on that!

Comment

All defaults have fallen off my credit records and Experian (under MSE money club scores me 998/999!) - I dont intent to get any credit, so it is irrelevant anyway. Now the DCAs cant threaten to ‘continue to report to the credit reference agencies’. I wonder what they will threaten me with now?

My mortgage is now cleared (my husband partially retired and paid it off) so that may encourage them to turn up the screws a bit, so I will have to keep an eye on that!
                Hi JLC ha ha they will still probably threaten to report to the cra's right up untill you reach SB. even tho the defaults have all dropped off. Template response i think. Fingers crossed they dont get shirty cos you are now mortgage free

Comment

Barclaycard

Pre-Legal Assessment

what this means for you

8/11/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for a response from Barclaycard

4/12/17 - Letter from Robinson way dated 30/11/17

Further to you Consumer Credit Act Request.

Please note, if an original credit agreement was not available, under the Consumer Credit Act a reconstituted copy may be provided.

Please forward your proposals for payment to us within the next 30 days, for which the account has been held for. We have enclosed a financial statement to assist you with this.

If we dont hear back from you within this time, collections activity will resume.

Letter received from Robinson Way today. I guess by the tone of the letter, they are trying to get me to pay. I know that there is no CCA for this as I am pretty sure it was a Morgan Stanly or Fish credit card. I will ignore and see what they come back with in January.

Comment

• Today marks the 2nd Anniversary of me starting my journey. It is so quiet at the moment. I haven’t heard anything for a while now with any of my debts. Long may it continue! (Post hasn’t been today, so you never know!).

Comment

• I received a text message from Cabot today asking me to call them. Deleted and blocked them.

Comment

• Ah! nice of them - Oh! no doubt automated call untouched by humanoid
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I’d like to know how they got hold of my number! I never give it out! I have also, in the past, sent them the harrassment template letter.

Comment

Marks & Spencer Card (started off as a chargecard)
                            • Type of account Credit Card/charge card
                            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 8th April 1998
                            • Approx balance £4138.01 (I have paid £3115)
                            • Are you on arrangement or not paying not anymore sin Jan 16
                            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Idem Servicing

8/2/16 - received a letter telling me they are looking at my complaint for PPI (from M&S)
                            8/2/16 - received a letter from Idem telling me they were looking to get my CCA and I should hear from them in 12 working days from the date of the letter (4th Feb, although they signed for it on the 2nd Feb)

22/2/16 - received a letter from Idem servicing dated 19th Feb which refers to my HSBC account but includes my application form for a store card from M&S. Account ref refers to M&S.

22/2/16 - another letter received same day different envelope referencing M&S account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced. However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £4077.80 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

23/2/16 - Niddy confirms . Sit tight and wait for next letter then use missing PT's letter

12/3/16 - letter received from Idem Servicing:

There is currently no agreed payment arrangement in place for your account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next seven days, your account will be reviewed for further action, which could result in either:

a) Your account being placed with our internal Recoveries Department, or

b) Your account being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity.

We want to work with you to secure a long term, mutually acceptable payment arrangement, therefore please contact our office on blah blah blah

the letter goes on, but its just a load of crap

14/5/16 - letter received from Idem servicing dated 11 May 2016.
                            We recently wrote to you to advise that your account is being managed within our recoveries department and that it was important for you to make contact with our office. As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account. This matter is now urgent. Please contact our office on 0800375797 and our experienced staff will be happy to discuss this with you. Blah blah blah

9/6/16 - letter received from Idem Servicing dated 6th June 2016
                            We are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak to you about your account.

We are keen to speak to you in order to understand your situation, so that we can place you on the most appropriate payment arrangement.

Failure to make contact with us may result in the following;
                            1) a representative may be instructed to visit your property
                            2) your account may be placed with an external DCA
                            3) our litigation department may instigate court proceedings

Please contact us as a matter of urgency on 0800 375 796 and our experienced team will be happy to help you. blah blah blah

16/7/2016 - letter from Idem Servicing dated 13 July 2016

We have attempted to contact you on a number of occasions to discuss the outstanding balance on your account. Please contact us on 0800 375 797 within seven days of the date of this letter. Our office hours are (blah blah). In the event that we do not receive contact from you we will appoint and external company, fidelite credit management ltd, to visit your property. The purpose of the visit is to regain contact with you so we can discuss your current financial situation and agree and appropriate payment plan, in accordance with your ability to pay. IF you are experiencing any difficulties there are a number of organisations who can help you (blah blah).

30/7/16 - letter from Fidelite Credit Management dated 27/7/16. Account been passed to them. If I do not contact Idem, it may result in a visit. Blah Blah Blah

(*note added 14/12/16 - The letters/phone calls/text messages that I have been receiving in relation to the HSBC debt in post #8 actually refer to this debt. I wanted to put this note in as I have been going through my paperwork and all cabots and rob ways paperwork refer to HSBC but it's actually this account)

12/4/18 - letter received from cabot dated 6/4/18

YOUR ACCOUNT

Idem - M and S have confirmed that they are buying back your account from the Cabot Credit Management Group and will now help you manage your account moving forward.
                            Your outstanding balance £xxxxx has been returned back to Idem - M and S.
                            Where your account is reported to the Credit Reference Agencies, we will no longer appear on your credit report and Idem - M and S may resume responsibility for reporting this information where necessary.
                            NEXT STEPS
                            If you have a repayment plan with us we will cancel that as we will no longer be responsible for receiving your payments. Please ensure that no further payments are sent to us in error.
                            If you have any questions about your account, please direct them to Idem - M and S, who will be able to help you.
                            Letter above received today from Cabot. Hopefully this is progress. They still have another two of my debts, but it has all been quiet from cabot. About a month ago, they did text me, but I just got my friend to call them and ask them to stop as she owned my mobile number. All accounts are now off my credit file, so it will be interesting to see what I get next. There was no ‘welcome to idem’ letter in the envelope from Cabot.

Comment

• Hi

I'm confused by your entry, as there appears to be a gap in the history after 2016 and this is the first mention of Cabot Credit Management Group having been owners of this account. ???

Comment

• They were referring to this debt as HSBC (see #8 post). Cabot bought three of my debts, but I kept receiving letters from them and Rob way referring to the HSBC debt but for the amount of the M&S debt.

Technically, I didn’t get a letter telling me this debt had been sold on as they (Idem) sold it on as a different name. This is the first letter that I have had from cabot referencing it as an M&S debt.
                                Last edited by JLC; 12 April 2018, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X