GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roger UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Roger UE Diary

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    This is where I'm different as I liked to send a letter such as SWID pretty much on first contact from a dca then I ignored further letters unless they were really threatening court action etc. IMO if you later sent a SWID they could come back with "so why didn't you tell us that at the start?"
    Pixie makes a very valid point - I guess you have to do what feels right depending on the letters they send.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Egg(formaly) Barclaycard
      Type of account : Credit Card
      Date commenced : Nov 2007
      Approx balance : £3,200
      Date last paid : March 2013
      Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was on an arrangement
      Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) : Default
      Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Barclaycard
      Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and changed Account No.
      I have a printed copy of the Egg Agreement which I had kept! Curiously the Egg signature dated day before Customer signature date
      I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Barclaycard
      I have never asked for nor received a s.78 from Barclaycard!
      Their letter dated Nov 2011
      "We want to make sure you have all the important details and dates you need to know as we finish moving your account to Barclaycard. As previously notified you we're unable to issue you a new Barclaycard due to the condition of either your existing Barclaycard or migrating Egg account. "
      DEC 2011 Statement "Your account is closed"
      "Please note your account is now closed. You'll continue to receive statements until the balance and any interest is fully paid. As your account is now closed, if anyone requests payement from your account, it may be automatically returned to that company."

Two Default Notices issued by MERCERS and No NOA
      Barclaycard last letter was August 2014.
      "We've identified that we have been reporting inaccurate information about your account to Credit Referemce Agencies. We apologise for this error and we're now correcting it.."
      OCT 16 ASSET LINK "We are writing to confirm that Barclaycard has assigned your account to Asset Link ..it is important you contact Link to discuss your intentions regarding this account"
      MAR 17 LINK "We have not written to you for some time as we have had to validate your address. We would like you to contact us..to confirm your intentions regarding...your account"
      Have not yet asked for S.78 CCA . My thinking is to wait for Link to start getting stroppy, before doing this.

Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and immediately CLOSED the A/c without any Notice nor reason).
      The A/c No was changed to a BC No and neither terms not a Credit Card was ever sent.

However a SWID might be more useful for starters! Thoughts?

Comment

Personally, I think I would await their next letter, as presumably your 'intention' is not to pay.

Later a SWID letter could be the next option (I assume you were in dispute correspondence with BC). It seems to me that the relevant (and only) Agreement would be the one with Egg. With the passage of time that may not be available, but I think I would delay a CCA request for the time being.

Others may have different ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          Personally, I think I would await their next letter, as presumably your 'intention' is not to pay.

Later a SWID letter could be the next option (I assume you were in dispute correspondence with BC). It seems to me that the relevant (and only) Agreement would be the one with Egg. With the passage of time that may not be available, but I think I would delay a CCA request for the time being.

Others may have different ideas.
          Thank you!
          Thats my thinking putting time before requesting CCA. My credit was good so the only reason for BC closing the Egg Account would be that the Egg Agreement was suspect!!!
          Will wait for their next move!
          Last edited by Roger; 10 March 2017, 22:21.

Comment

British Airways AMEXCO
            Date commenced : Feb 2006
            Approx balance : £1,100
            Date last paid : May 2012
            Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): NCO Resolve

Have never asked for s.78
            I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with RMA Resolve.
            Last letter from NCO Resolve dated Dec 2014 “.. rebranding RMA to NCO.. ..you don’t need to do anything at all..”
            Nothing received since
            MAY 16 Posted Recorded s.78 request with £1 PO to NCO Resolve
            MAY 16 CCA Recieved from Amexco and copy sent to Niddy
            MAY 16 Niddy its UE "If they pester send missing PT's template to keep them at bay." Thanks Niddy!
            JUL 16 Amexco "
            Account has been cancelled, transferred to external NCO"
            Will wait for NCO contact and raise PT's template when and if they pester!!
            JUL 16 NCO "Account passed to us by AMEXCO.. We have placed tour account with our Revive Department.. Contact Us to discuss repayment options.."
            Will wait until they start pestering before sending PT's template (s.78 original sent to NCO , Amexco replied)
            AUG 16 Amexco "A Statement of Account 4 pages plus.. Your account has been cancelled and referred to a collection Agency"
            AUG 16 NCO ( 2 phone calls at different times)
            AUG 16 NCO "We recently wrote to you requesting on how your account is to be managed. You need to contact us.. We look forward to hearing from you.." Not yet pestering. Will file and wait before sending PT's template
            AUG 16 NCO & SEP 16 ( phone calls)
            AUG 16 & SEP 16 & OCT 16 & NOV 16 & DEC 16 & JAN 17 & FEB 17 Amexco "A Statement of Account 4 pages plus.. Your account has been cancelled and referred to a collection Agency" Just a repeat of Statement already sent this month!
            OCT 16 NCO "..with regret..we write to give notice that the ..account is to be closed.. referred back to our client.."
            NOV 16 FIRSTSOURCE "..AMEXCO instructed us to collect .. balance owed...."
            FEB 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer-Instalment Option .. by MARCH 17.. " Approx 60% discount
            MAR 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer .. by APR 17.. "
            Will file away!

Comment

British Airways AMEXCO
              Date commenced : Feb 2006
              Approx balance : £1,100
              Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): NCO Resolve

Have never asked for s.78
              I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with RMA Resolve.
              Last letter from NCO Resolve dated Dec 2014 “.. rebranding RMA to NCO.. ..you don’t need to do anything at all..”
              Nothing received since
              MAY 16 Posted Recorded s.78 request with £1 PO to NCO Resolve
              MAY 16 CCA Recieved from Amexco and copy sent to Niddy
              MAY 16 Niddy its UE "If they pester send missing PT's template to keep them at bay." Thanks Niddy!
              JUL 16 Amexco "
              Account has been cancelled, transferred to external NCO"
              Will wait for NCO contact and raise PT's template when and if they pester!!
              JUL 16 NCO "Account passed to us by AMEXCO.. We have placed tour account with our Revive Department.. Contact Us to discuss repayment options.."
              Will wait until they start pestering before sending PT's template (s.78 original sent to NCO , Amexco replied)
              AUG 16 Amexco "A Statement of Account 4 pages plus.. Your account has been cancelled and referred to a collection Agency"
              AUG 16 NCO ( 2 phone calls at different times)
              AUG 16 NCO "We recently wrote to you requesting on how your account is to be managed. You need to contact us.. We look forward to hearing from you.." Not yet pestering. Will file and wait before sending PT's template
              AUG 16 NCO & SEP 16 ( phone calls)
              AUG 16 & SEP 16 & OCT 16 & NOV 16 & DEC 16 & JAN 17 & FEB 17 & MAR 17 Amexco "A Statement of Account 4 pages plus.. Your account has been cancelled and referred to a collection Agency" Just a repeat of Statement already sent this month!
              OCT 16 NCO "..with regret..we write to give notice that the ..account is to be closed.. referred back to our client.."
              NOV 16 FIRSTSOURCE "..AMEXCO instructed us to collect .. balance owed...."
              FEB 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer-Instalment Option .. by MARCH 17.. " Approx 60% discount
              APR 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Final Demand.. Unless you contact us..no choice but to return your account to our client"
              Have filed and dated! Still have not sent the missing P/T's letter

Comment

Another one gets fed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                  Another one gets fed up.
                  Yes and it has whittled away another six months!!!

Comment

Well done on your get lost skills, and being able to save a letter for later
                    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Egg(formaly) Barclaycard
                      Date commenced : Nov 2007
                      Approx balance : £3,200
                      Date last paid : March 2013
                      Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Barclaycard
                      Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and changed Account No.
                      I have a printed copy of the Egg Agreement which I had kept! Curiously the Egg signature dated day before Customer signature date
                      I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Barclaycard
                      I have never asked for nor received a s.78 from Barclaycard!
                      Their letter dated Nov 2011
                      "We want to make sure you have all the important details and dates you need to know as we finish moving your account to Barclaycard. As previously notified you we're unable to issue you a new Barclaycard due to the condition of either your existing Barclaycard or migrating Egg account. "
                      DEC 2011 Statement "Your account is closed"
                      "Please note your account is now closed. You'll continue to receive statements until the balance and any interest is fully paid. As your account is now closed, if anyone requests payement from your account, it may be automatically returned to that company."

Two Default Notices issued by MERCERS and No NOA
                      Barclaycard last letter was August 2014.
                      "We've identified that we have been reporting inaccurate information about your account to Credit Referemce Agencies. We apologise for this error and we're now correcting it.."
                      OCT 16 ASSET LINK "We are writing to confirm that Barclaycard has assigned your account to Asset Link ..it is important you contact Link to discuss your intentions regarding this account"
                      MAR 17 LINK "We have not written to you for some time as we have had to validate your address. We would like you to contact us..to confirm your intentions regarding...your account"
                      Discussed previously about s.78 and or SWID
                      Have not yet asked for S.78 CCA . My thinking is to wait for Link to start getting stroppy, before doing this.
                      Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and immediately CLOSED the A/c without any Notice nor reason).
                      The A/c No was changed to a BC No and neither terms not a Credit Card was ever sent.
                      APR 17 LINK "Statement of Account- Notice of sums in Arrears" Curiously LINK Now describes this as a Loan Agreement under Account Number: ???????????"
                      Now that is an interesting change of type of Credit from a Egg/Barclaycard Credit Card to a LOAN Agreement? Curious because the alleged Notice Of Defaults were of course on a CREDIT CARD terms!

Will wait and see when and if it gets threatening! Because a Loan Agreement(s) terms cannot be the same as a Credit Card can they? Isn't it a different section of the CCA?

Comment

HSBC
                        Type of account : Personal Loan
                        Date commenced : Nov 2010
                        Approx balance : £2,700
                        Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): HSBC

I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with HSBC and their appointed Agents
                        Following my experiences with HSBC I have never asked for s.78/77.
                        Central Debt RecoveryUnit June 2014: Ltd Discount Offer £1,600 (part of HSBC)
                        Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd assigned as agents until Aug 2014.
                        I have been asking if they had Original and a certified copy for months even raised a formal complaint.
                        Finally
                        Feb 2015 “We can confirm that the Bank is in possession of your original signed agreement..”
                        May 2015 “..Neither of the letters contain a refusal to provide you with a certified copy of the original agreement and merely question your request for a document which is neither required,nor material to this matter..” "..At this stage, I would bring to your attention that the Bank successfully obtained judgement against you in respect of your credit card account without producing a copy of your credit card agreement in any form whatsoever."
                        My letter Jun 2015 “You have never been asked for a s 77/78 statutary report which is for information purposes.”
                        I have of course now joined AAD..
                        Two Agencies MOORCROFT followed byCSL
                        last entry
                        JUN 16 Letter from CSL " FINAL NOTICE .. unless we hear from within next 10 days your account will be returned to our Client.. "..
                        MAY 2017 "We've completed a review of annual loan statements .. we didn't remind of your right to make partial payments . Refund over £400 to outstanding Balance"
                        .This doesn't require a reply BUT may be of interest to others.
                        Seems that this REFUND proves that their NOD figures were wrong!!
                        Will file away.
                        Last edited by Roger; 24 May 2017, 20:49. Reason: update

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Re: Roger UE Diary

Intelligent Finance (Halifax)
                          Date commenced : Apl 2006
                          Approx balance : £2,100
                          Date last paid : Feb 2012
                          Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Halifax

I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Halifax
                          Apr 2014 Halifax sent me s.78 CCA (at their instigation) which Niddy has seen
                          It's
                          I have a letter dated 2014 " I can confirm when we receive your signed credit agreement, we scan it and keep a copy electronically. We then destroy the original."
                          All has been quiet apart from year statements till now.
                          Halifax Oct 2015 "However I have just received a letter saying they have instructed Wescot Credit Services Ltd to arrange collection of the outstanding balance"
                          Wescot's letter 18 / 11/ 2015 ".. we have been instructed by our client, Halifax Credit Card.."
                          AAD advised "Not to respond, see what they send next, keep Us updated"
                          Wescot reminder (undated) arrived 26/11 "We wrote to you recently.." Have NOT replied.
                          Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 "our enquiries have confirmed you are resident at the address above but we have not yet had contact from you". Have NOT replied
                          Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 ""We have written to you on several occasions asking you to contact us, however to date we have not received a response. In an attempt to close this matter our client has agreed we can offer you a discount to settle this account .." ".. We have previously outlined the benefits of contacting us, however should you choose not to our client has instructed us to continue seeking recovery of the full balance".
                          "..If we are unable to discuss this matter with you and agree a way forward on your account it will be returned to our client.."
                          DEC 2015 Recorded Delivery s.78 Request
                          to WESTCOT
                          JAN 2016 2F (WESCOT)
                          "Confirmation of Residency"
                          JAN 2016 2F at phone won't prove ID
                          MAR 2016 HALIFAX " ..we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to debt collection agency. Moorcroft.." There is an Outstanding s.78 with WESCOT
                          MAR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. We have been instructed by HALIFAX.." ".. Both our client and we do not wish to take further debt recovery action but if agreement cannot be reached by 28/03/16 we may have no alternative.."
                          APR 2016 MOORCROFT " Automated phone calls (2) ."
                          APR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. To prevent possible further debt recovery action.." ".. If you do not contact us..we may .. recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you .."
                          APR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER .."
                          MAY 2016 MOORCROFT ".As no agreement has been reached we have now been asked to review your account to consider the steps which MAY be taken.."
                          # "..Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone"
                          # "..arrange to call at your home address.."
                          # "..continued adverse reporting on your credit file"
                          MAY 2016 MOORCROFT "..Account passed to Home Collections Division .."
                          # "..MAY involve a local rep calling.."
                          # "..MAY offer a substantial discount.."
                          # "..if can't afford MAY still help.."
                          JUN 2016 MOORCROFT "..DISCOUNT OFFER.. Our client MAY be able to offer a substantial discount .."
                          AUG 2016 HALIFAX "2016 Statement " Had these in the past will just file
                          SEP 2016 HALIFAX (but posted by ROBINSON WAY)
                          "..we have transferred your Halifax Credit Card to..Robinson Way..We've instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.. "
                          SEP 2016 ROBINSON WAY"..Your account details have been passed to us from HALIFAX... contact within next seven days.. "
                          OCT 2016 ROBINSON WAY "..Contact Required. ."
                          NOV 2016 ROBINSON WAY "..Help Available - Balance Reduction Offer. ."
                          CABOT ASSIGNMENT JUL 17
                          Outstanding s.78 with Halifax WILL WAIT before sending SWID

Comment

It's
                            I have a letter dated 2014 " I can confirm when we receive your signed credit agreement, we scan it and keep a copy electronically. We then destroy the original."
                            Halifax Oct 2015 "However I have just received a letter saying they have instructed Wescot Credit Services Ltd to arrange collection of the outstanding balance"
                            Wescot's letter 18 / 11/ 2015 ".. we have been instructed by our client, Halifax Credit Card.."
                            Wescot reminder (undated) arrived 26/11 "We wrote to you recently.." Have NOT replied.
                            Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 "our enquiries have confirmed you are resident at the address above but we have not yet had contact from you". Have NOT replied
                            Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 ""We have written to you on several occasions asking you to contact us, however to date we have not received a response. In an attempt to close this matter our client has agreed we can offer you a discount to settle this account .." ".. We have previously outlined the benefits of contacting us, however should you choose not to our client has instructed us to continue seeking recovery of the full balance".
                            "..If we are unable to discuss this matter with you and agree a way forward on your account it will be returned to our client.."
                            [COLOR=#000000]to WESTCOT
                            CABOT ASSIGNMENT JUL 17
                            [B][COLOR=#0000ff] CABOT Have a record of a number of attempted Phone Calls (bliocked by BT)
                            Letter now received dated over a week ago. It looks and reads innocuous Its been nearly 2 years since the S.78 was sent to WESTCOT and 3 years since Halifax sent their version.
                            But this raises the question of timing the issue of the SWID letter to CABOT. There is no direct at this moment.

Comment

It's
                              [COLOR=#000000]to WESTCOT
                              CABOT ASSIGNMENT JUL 17
                              CABOT I have a record of a number of attempted Phone Calls (blocked by BT)
                              Letter now received dated over a week ago. It looks and reads innocuous Its been nearly 2 years since the S.78 was sent to WESTCOT and 3 years since Halifax sent their version.
                              But this raises the question of timing the issue of the SWID letter to CABOT. There is no direct threat at this moment.

Comment

CABOT I have a record of a number of attempted Phone Calls (blocked by BT)
                                But this raises the question of timing the issue of the SWID letter to CABOT. There is no direct threat at this moment.
                                As this is apparently the first follow up letter from Cabot, if it was me, I would not send a SWID just yet as they are not threatening. I know some others prefer to let the creditor know early on, so they can't be accused of ignoring the matter. Looks like you have less than a year to SB, so stringing it out is vital.

Comment

Working...
                                X