GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script fwil's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fwil's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady on, FWIL. You're forgetting all the other reasons why a debt can be UE, as Roger says.

Even if you do have to settle some, you will always do the best for yourself by playing hard to get.

Comment

• Hi

Can you just clarify exactly which debt this is - sorry not been able to read back.

Nowe this is a true story that Di will vouch for.

I had a Capital One debt for about £5K . I sent a CCA request and what came back was ruled enforceable by Niddy - well I blagged it and I blagged it and eventually it was sold to lowell. I blagged a bit more until in 2016 I received a letter before action.
      I blagged a bit more and sent a new CCA request and about 11 months later , just when I thought all was quiet I walked in to find a claim form from Northampton court.

I engaged Jo who did a wonderful job, so much so that when it got to court , we won because they could not show they had sent a default notice. Even if they had, Jo had prepared other arguments but no DN won the day. On top of that, Lowell had to pay costs in the small claims court- wonderful.

Ok now some others- I had two RBS debts where the CCA came back enforceable- blagged and now they are statute barred

Another of 15K - ruled enforceable - now Statute barred

Moral of the story - do not be hasty and jump into making offers

Comment

• I can vouch that it is possible to blag to SB - Roger and Warwick65 are correct.

Comment

• In fact blagging can easily get you a pleasant surprise. There you were thinking that they had you in a corner when something comes along that changes everything. There's a lot can happen in six years....

Comment

Working...
          X