GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script fwil's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fwil's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fwil's diary

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    oooh no, if they aren't giving you any trouble other than taking money off the balance, I would (and did) blagg it to SB
    Me too
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello lovely people, its been a while
      Tesco never provided CCA, just kept passing to different agencies so seems unenforceable and have now assigned to L0well.
      On checking similar stages in cluelss24's diary it would seem best course of action is to send SWID letter?
      Looks like my AAD+ has expired so will renew over weekend so I can access that template. Can anyone confirm that I'm going the right way or should I hold out a little longer before sending?
      Also i was surprised to see on my own post I last paid them directly July 2012, although DMP payments to them carried on til March 2015, am i right in thinking im edging close to SB - July 2018?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I think SB will be 6 years after you last made a payment. So March 2021!

Comment

As JLC said it is 6 years from the last acknowledgement or payment so it will be 2021.

Wait until you hear from Lowell before sending any letters.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all, couple of updates I'd appreciate advice on....

Firstly, letter received from Lowells (unenforcable as Tesc never provided CCA):
            "We really want to work with you, but can only help if you get in touch..."
            Presumably I can hold out on replying SWID a bit longer?

Secondly, letter from Coop (£4k, ENFORCEABLE, last payment 2015, waiting for it hopefully to be sold to DCA)
            "This is a default notice... section 87(1) CCA 1974 as in breach of LOAN agreement"
            Gives me 4 weeks to pay in full.

There was an issue with how Coop marked my credit file with a default that Niddy mentioned in post #6.
            My fear is that this could go to court raather than a DCA? I'd prefer to slowly pay it off with it being enforceable.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by fwil View Post
              Hi all, couple of updates I'd appreciate advice on....

Firstly, letter received from Lowells (unenforcable as Tesc never provided CCA):
              "We really want to work with you, but can only help if you get in touch..."
              Presumably I can hold out on replying SWID a bit longer?

Secondly, letter from Coop (£4k, ENFORCEABLE, last payment 2015, waiting for it hopefully to be sold to DCA)
              "This is a default notice... section 87(1) CCA 1974 as in breach of LOAN agreement"
              Gives me 4 weeks to pay in full.

There was an issue with how Coop marked my credit file with a default that Niddy mentioned in post #6.
              My fear is that this could go to court raather than a DCA? I'd prefer to slowly pay it off with it being enforceable.

Thanks for reading.
              Lowell's letter doesn't threaten in any way and ordinarily you would ignore and file.
              There are pros and cons as to when to send the SWID but that letter doesn't merit a reply.

Coop well Niddy pointed out " Best to get defaulted whilst you assess your position and that's where we'll help you." #8
              https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...66#post1286466
              BEST TO GET DEFAULTED which is what has happened. Most likely Coop will now sell this on to a DCA.

Comment

Agreed - just file both letters, don't respond.

Comment

Hi all,
                  Couple of letters today...

Co-op (enforceable) have sent a Final Demand saying full amount is now due so they'll have to terminate the agreement...
                  "In the meantime we'll look into other ways to recover the money. This might mean passing your account to a DCA."
                  So I'm hoping they do finally pass it to a DCA so i can start paying off without any interest being added.

Lowell (originally Tesco who sold it to them but have never provided a CCA) "we intend to take legal action if you don't agree a repayment plan... Legal action means: A claim form is issued by the court... If you do not respond to the claim form a CCJ may be granted against you..."
                  "Please call us by 26/3/2018"

Bit twitchy now with that one but am I right to hold out for the claim form before sending a SWID letter?

Thanks for looking.

Comment

see they had to look up the definition of:= Legal Action Means! lol

Lowells no matter what you send seem to in nearly all cases issue of Claim form to frighten you into contact and pay, then go down the court route and in many cases discontinue at the very last minute/ read other threads etc?

Comment

• Lowell's and Tesco CC (6/1999) .
                      I think its always better to have a reasoned plan going forward.

1/ At this point you do not have a S 78 CCA and I would have thought that at some point that a S 78 CCA will be required
                      2/ If Lowell's issue a Letter Before Claim (30 days to reply) your most likely response would be to send a S 78 CCA

3/ You will most likely require a SAR (takes up to 40 days) from Tesco's in any event and from your point of view this would be better AFTER any correspondence between Tesco and Lowell's!

So why not send the SWID now if Lowell's ignore and send LBC you have the perfect basis for dispute (Outstanding S 78 CCA) . Hopefully Lowell's will correspond to Tesco and come back to you (at which time and before a Letter Before Claim!! ) send for your SAR on Tesco to achieve 3/ above.

Always worth checking the FCA status of who the account was sold to! The Current Owner
                      Look at the Lowell's Assignment carefully and as to who the CURRENT OWNER is and whom has (within Lowell) been appointed to manage the account.
                      Not all of these are Licensed.

Last edited by Roger; 17 March 2018, 12:22. Reason: edited

Comment

• Thanks for replies.

Unfortunately both current owner and appointed manager are listed as 'Authorised' on the FCA site.

I have downloaded the SWID and will get it sent. Is there any issue with emailing it rather than posting or would that allow them to reduce their timescales? Just trying to avoid paying for recorded delivery!

Comment

• Snail mail takeses more time. Also stops them from bombarding you with emails demanding this and that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            Snail mail takeses more time. Also stops them from bombarding you with emails demanding this and that.
                            You find that mail delivery times were added in to the various CCA 74 timescales for delivering KEY statutary documents and failure over timescales can render UE.

Also if you look at CONC (this is for Statute Bar) https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/7/15.html
                            "..CONC 7.15.4R01/04/2014
                            Notwithstanding that a debt may be recoverable, a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period.
                            .."
                            So we do not want emails/sms phones etc... Snail Mail only!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fwil View Post
                              Thanks for replies.
                              Unfortunately both current owner and appointed manager are listed as 'Authorised' on the FCA site.
                              I have downloaded the SWID and will get it sent. Is there any issue with emailing it rather than posting or would that allow them to reduce their timescales? Just trying to avoid paying for recorded delivery!
                              The Post Office proof of posting is an alternative. But in this case you really do need to have evidence of the SWID being delivered but you could use second class (your guide line being when Monday 26/18 ) .Thursday 23/18 seems reasonable. Don't jump to their letters and tune!
                              There are many reasons for UE not just Assignment, not just a CCA.

Comment

• Originally posted by fwil View Post
                                Couple of letters today...

Co-op (enforceable) have sent a Final Demand saying full amount is now due so they'll have to terminate the agreement...
                                "In the meantime we'll look into other ways to recover the money. This might mean passing your account to a DCA."
                                So I'm hoping they do finally pass it to a DCA so i can start paying off without any interest being added.

Lowell (originally Tesco who sold it to them but have never provided a CCA) "we intend to take legal action if you don't agree a repayment plan... Legal action means: A claim form is issued by the court... If you do not respond to the claim form a CCJ may be granted against you..."
                                "Please call us by 26/3/2018"

Bit twitchy now with that one but am I right to hold out for the claim form before sending a SWID letter?.

It’s difficult to comment without knowing the history of a debt so is it possible to requote your original post and then add the update each time so help can be given in context for both of these debts.

You've said that one of them is enforceable, but that may be the case with the credit agreement however there are many other legal issues which can make a debt unenforceable in court.

There’s no need to get twitchy just yet. Under the new Pre Action Protocol introduced in October 2017 they would need to send you a formal Letter Before Claim giving you 30 days to respond before they can issue a claim.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X