GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smallpaws UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallpaws UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smallpaws View Post
    Re: Smallpaws UE Diary

Original creditor Faith Card
    • Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced
    • Approx balance £250.49
    • Date last paid 27/10/14
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP with Step Change
    • Status added to DMP 19/07/2007

Sold to Moorcroft 2008 - can't find date yet

31/05/14 - letter sent advising of Hubby's condition and change of payment
    No response as yet

02/12/14 - CCA letter sent

09/12/14 - response from Moorcroft - they have requested paperwork from Faith and have suspended all collection activity on my account at this time.

16/06/16 - Letter received today from Cabot -
    'Thank you for paying in the past, we appreciate you tried to pay your account. You still have a balance of £372 that needs to be paid. We would like to help you set up a repayment plan that will see you being free of this balance'.

I have had no paperwork which tells me this account has now been transferred to Cabot until the above and have not paid anything since Feb. Moorcroft did not find papers in response to my CCA request..

04/07/16 – Letter from Cabot – You need to call us to make a new plan for your account. If you let us know your budget we can help you work out a plan that suits your current situation…..

21/07/16 – Letter from Cabot – We understand you may have other priorities to deal with but we can help you figure out how much money you have to begin paying off your account……

I have had numerous calls to my landline – daily in fact but as I don’t answer them it is unclear if this relates directly to this account or to the RBoS one which Cabot also hold.

08th June - I sent a CCA request to Cabot on 8th June only to have a letter from them dated 6th June whereby they are transferring the management of the debt to Robinson Way. THe two have crossed in the post.
    Robinson Way's letter was in the same envelope asking me to make contact with them to agree and affordable and sustainable repayment plan.
    Should they now receive a CCA or would a SWID be better?
    Smallpaws.

31st July 2017 - Letter received from Cabot

Thank you for your request under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    We currently do no thave this information on file. However I have requested the relevant details which will include a copy of the credit agreement, statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lender. in the meantime your account will remain on hold until such time as we can comply with your request.

Your credit agreement is currently unenforceable which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court however you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balalnce as confirmed in this letter & I would recommend you to contact us....

13/11/17 - Letter from Cabot - Statement of account

This statement is prepared in cpmpliance with section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974.
    At the date of this letter, Cabot confirms that:
    Your account has an outstanding balance of £372.00
    The amount you are required to pay is £372.00; and
    You are not able to draw further on this account.

Where you have an exisiting repayment arrangelent with us we shall continue to honour and regularly review this unless you miss your payments. Please note that the repayment arrangement foes not affect, modify or vary the original terms of the credit agreement, we have just relxed them to assist you with your current financial circumstances.

So - I do not have an arrangement and they sent a statement of payments made when I was still with Stepchange, last one17/02/16.

They have also sent a copy of an agreement BUT they have written in my address as house number 430 (it is 43),
    In the name section they omitted my middle name, martital status and date of birth.
    This document is also unsigned.

I gather they are expecting me to send them some money now - what do I do next please?
    23/04/18 - letter received from Resolvecall

We are acting on behalf of Cabot Financial(Europe)Ltd and have been instructed by them to assist in collecting the outstanding balance on this account.
    It is in your interest to contact Resolvecall immediately upon receipt of this letter to discuss your account.
    Failure to contact Resolvecall within 7 days will lead to a personal visit being made by one of our representatives to your home.
    The purpose of the visit is to assist you in contacting our client to discuss your account.

My husband is home from hospital and is too unwell to be subjected to a visit in my absence - please tell me what I should do.

Thanks, Smallpaws

Comment

• Myself in the situation I would send a letter to Resolve call (formally SnotCall ooppppps Scotcall) stating due to illness of occupants any physical visit will be treated as harassment & and will duly be reported to the Authorities/regulators :-
      » Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

If anybody did visit tell them to leave and close the gate behind them. they have no powers whatsoever same as DCAs
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• As above, but also don't answer the door to unknown caller.

Comment

• HUbby can't answre the door as he is dependent on carer suppoort - i will make sure they know too. I'll get this letter posted today so they get it on the earliest delivery. Many thanks. Smallpaws

Comment

HUbby can't answre the door as he is dependent on carer suppoort - i will make sure they know too. I'll get this letter posted today so they get it on the earliest delivery. Many thanks. Smallpaws
            carers shouldn't let anyone in with out you present,
            but to be safe tell them that if anyone calls while they are there to tell them that Hubby is unable to talk to them because of his condition .
            I am sure you did let Cabot know of his condition, so they should of passed this information on, why am I even saying that, we know they don't,
            Best wishes NW
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HUbby can't answre the door as he is dependent on carer suppoort - i will make sure they know too. I'll get this letter posted today so they get it on the earliest delivery. Many thanks. Smallpaws
              Recorded delivery!

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

carers shouldn't let anyone in with out you present,
                but to be safe tell them that if anyone calls while they are there to tell them that Hubby is unable to talk to them because of his condition .
                I am sure you did let Cabot know of his condition, so they should of passed this information on, why am I even saying that, we know they don't,
                Best wishes NW
                Hi yes I have told all creditors about his condition and enclosed a confirmation from his consultant! I have got my SWID and Doorstep letter printed out so I can get them to the post office for recorded delivery tomorrow.
                Time to enjoy some sunshine - hope you all get chance to do the same. Many thanks - Smallpaws

Comment

• 15/05/18 - Letter received from Resolvecall
                  ""Thank you for your recent communication, the contens of which we have noted. You have stated your intention to serve us with a "Notice of removal of implied rights of access". For the purpose of clarity, we do not accept the contents of this notice, nor do we believe it has any relevance to the account you hold with us. It is our belief that there are certain consumer groups and websites providing misinformation to consumers in the form of template letters which they state will allow the user to avoid the discussion or repayment of their debts. THis is not the case and we believe these are harmful to the customer.
                  We are not required to gain permission to carry out a visit to your property for the purpose of debt collectionrealated activities. However we always remain hopeful that the step of visiting a customer's property will not prove necessary. This is why we contact our customers by other means first to offer a final chance to open lines of communications by telephone or in writing. To that end we would ask you to comtact us at your earliest convenience to discuss your options to avoid any further action being taken.
                  We welcome all constructive communcation attempts in relation to your account and we hope to come to an amicable resolution to this matter without the need to visit your property.""
                  Nice - what should I do now please? All this is bearing in mind they sent me a copy of the agreement that they filled in and that does not have my signature on it? That is certainly not how I would have opened the account in the beginning.
                  Thanks

Smallpaws

Comment

15/05/18 - Letter received from Resolvecall
                    ""Thank you for your recent communication, the contens of which we have noted. You have stated your intention to serve us with a "Notice of removal of implied rights of access". For the purpose of clarity, we do not accept the contents of this notice, nor do we believe it has any relevance to the account you hold with us. It is our belief that there are certain consumer groups and websites providing misinformation to consumers in the form of template letters which they state will allow the user to avoid the discussion or repayment of their debts. THis is not the case and we believe these are harmful to the customer.
                    We are not required to gain permission to carry out a visit to your property for the purpose of debt collectionrealated activities. However we always remain hopeful that the step of visiting a customer's property will not prove necessary. This is why we contact our customers by other means first to offer a final chance to open lines of communications by telephone or in writing. To that end we would ask you to comtact us at your earliest convenience to discuss your options to avoid any further action being taken.
                    We welcome all constructive communcation attempts in relation to your account and we hope to come to an amicable resolution to this matter without the need to visit your property.""
                    Nice - what should I do now please? All this is bearing in mind they sent me a copy of the agreement that they filled in and that does not have my signature on it? That is certainly not how I would have opened the account in the beginning.
                    Thanks

Smallpaws
                    Waffeling loonies, If you have stated that you don't want anyone calling then they have to follow that request, If anyone does turn up slam the door in their face,
                    You sent the SWID so they need to follow up on that, so Do nothing..
                    as some fun let me break their letter down for you.

Thank you for your recent communication, the contens of which we have noted. we say this but we didn't understand the wording and we dont employ anyone that does

.For the purpose of clarity, we do not accept the contents of this notice, nor do we believe it has any relevance to the account you hold with us. we make the decisions not you.beside we still don't understand why we cant visit.
                    It is our belief that there are certain consumer groups and websites providing misinformation to consumers in the form of template letters which they state will allow the user to avoid the discussion or repayment of their debts. THis is not the case and we believe these are harmful to the customer. It makes our letter less scary and you more informed, Also you seem to be a member of a good one, this means it is harmful to us getting any money off you
                    we always remain hopeful that the step of visiting a customer's property will not prove necessary. This is why we contact our customers by other means first to offer a final chance to open lines of communications by telephone or in writing, we try this to scare you into contacting us so we can con, sorry talk you in to agreeing to make payments and admit the account is yours, It is good to know they remain hopeful wouldn't want them dispondent would we?
                    We welcome all constructive communcation attempts in relation to your account and we hope to come to an amicable resolution to this matter without the need to visit your property."
                    As we have just said, contact us give us the money OR ELSE.

Print a big sign with ,NO COLD CALLING, on and put it on the door,

My sign reads, NOTICE Ring the bell or knock only if you are
                    1, the postman
                    2, the meter reader
                    3, delivering someting we have ordered
                    4, emergency services
                    5, someone I have made an appointment with (read this line carefully)
                    If you are not one of the above ,please have details of your next of kin in your hand
                    so we can contact them as you you recover in hospital .

Comment

• This appears to be a template letter from Resolvecall, rather than a direct response to your letter, which I'm pretty sure didn't 'state your intention to serve us with a "Notice of removal of implied rights of access".' (if you used the AAD one).

Furthermore, you don't 'hold an account' with them.

It's not open to them to accept or not accept the CONC rules or Common Law, and their 'beliefs' are irrelevant.
                      Last edited by Still Waving; 16 May 2018, 17:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

Waffeling loonies, If you have stated that you don't want anyone calling then they have to follow that request, If anyone does turn up slam the door in their face,
                        You sent the SWID so they need to follow up on that, so Do nothing..
                        as some fun let me break their letter down for you.

Thank you for your recent communication, the contens of which we have noted. we say this but we didn't understand the wording and we dont employ anyone that does

.For the purpose of clarity, we do not accept the contents of this notice, nor do we believe it has any relevance to the account you hold with us. we make the decisions not you.beside we still don't understand why we cant visit.
                        It is our belief that there are certain consumer groups and websites providing misinformation to consumers in the form of template letters which they state will allow the user to avoid the discussion or repayment of their debts. THis is not the case and we believe these are harmful to the customer. It makes our letter less scary and you more informed, Also you seem to be a member of a good one, this means it is harmful to us getting any money off you
                        we always remain hopeful that the step of visiting a customer's property will not prove necessary. This is why we contact our customers by other means first to offer a final chance to open lines of communications by telephone or in writing, we try this to scare you into contacting us so we can con, sorry talk you in to agreeing to make payments and admit the account is yours, It is good to know they remain hopeful wouldn't want them dispondent would we?
                        We welcome all constructive communcation attempts in relation to your account and we hope to come to an amicable resolution to this matter without the need to visit your property."
                        As we have just said, contact us give us the money OR ELSE.

Print a big sign with ,NO COLD CALLING, on and put it on the door,

My sign reads, NOTICE Ring the bell or knock only if you are
                        1, the postman
                        2, the meter reader
                        3, delivering someting we have ordered
                        4, emergency services
                        5, someone I have made an appointment with (read this line carefully)
                        If you are not one of the above ,please have details of your next of kin in your hand
                        so we can contact them as you you recover in hospital .
                        Hi thanks for this - perhaps I'll add a picture of my friends very large German Shepherd for added effect!

Comment

Hi thanks for this - perhaps I'll add a picture of my friends very large German Shepherd for added effect!

WARNING I AM BEHIND THE DOOR CALL AT YOUR OWN RISK,

Comment

Working...
                          X