GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smallpaws UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallpaws UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Smallpaws UE Diary

Good news

Comment

Fantastic news Smallpaws...and well done Elsa
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is news we like to read well done Smallpaws and well done Elsa x

Comment

Here is a good one - it seems that this account was passed to Arrow Global at some point and on 17th Feb last year it was sold again to Restons Solicitors who have had no money from me via Step Change who are still 'managing my account'..

I have now received a letter dated 3rd Feb 2016:

We are instructed to claim immediate payment from you of the outstanding balance on your account, being £7319.40.

We must ask you to pay the sum .. direct to this office by Weds 17th Feb failing which we have strict instructions to issue a County Court Summons for the full balance due plus fees and costs. We are instructed to seek a Judgement against you which will be registered by the Court, if obtained. This is likely to adversely affect your credit record making it difficult for you to obtain credit in the futue.

Our Client may be prepared to accept payment by instalments..'

They have sent an Income and expnediture sheet for me to complete.

Ouch - we get one piece of good news and then this comes through.

THis is a solicitor - does a CCA request still apply here?

• Type of account Credit Card
          • Date commenced
          • Approx balance £7325.40
          • Date last paid 27/10/14
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP with Stepchange
          • Status added to DMP 19/07/2007

Sold to First Revenue 03/11/2008
          Sold to Westcot Credit Services 15/06/2010
          2014 05 31 - letter sent advising of Hubby's condition and change of payment
          2014 06 10 - reply form them expressing sympathy and stating they will work with me with whatever Stepchange advise
          2014 10 30 - Stepchange wrote to me saying that they had a payment returned from Westcot as they couldn't find which account is applied to
          2014 11 16 - emailed Stepchange asking why - they have been receieving monies for some time - no reply yet.
          [/QUOTE]

Comment

I think you need to send a LBA (letter before action ) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495044
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Smallpaws,
              As this is your husband's debt, have you sent the write off letter for this one yet?
              Do Restons name a client on the letter? (The actual owner of the debt)

We'll have to cover all bases on this one, I'll get back to you when you've answered. I anticipate we'll need to send a CCA Request, a cover letter about his illness and your management of his affairs (to the owner of the debt) and a Letter Before Action Response to Restons. There is a new one specifically for them.

Hugs,

Elsa xxx

Comment

Hi Elsa

Sadly this one is mine - the letter is addressed
                RE: Arrow Global Guernsey Timites v. Yourself.

Early on after the accident I wrote to all creditors to see if any would do a write off - this is well before we started working on hubby's accounts - none did then but they at least knew why I was only paying £1 a month through Stepchange. Westcot were sympathetic and I have re-read the letter to see that it has Arrow Global Guernsey on as client, the one before that was Westcot in Hull so that must be an internal transfer.

Looking back this is the only contact I have had with them - they are the only one I didn't send a CCA request to. I can't think of a reason why not apart from the fact that I had emailed Stepchange to find out where they were sending money to and didn't notice they hadn't responded to me.

Hi Smallpaws,
                As this is your husband's debt, have you sent the write off letter for this one yet?
                Do Restons name a client on the letter? (The actual owner of the debt)

We'll have to cover all bases on this one, I'll get back to you when you've answered. I anticipate we'll need to send a CCA Request, a cover letter about his illness and your management of his affairs (to the owner of the debt) and a Letter Before Action Response to Restons. There is a new one specifically for them.

Hugs,

Elsa xxx[/QUOTE]

Comment

Morning Smallpaws

Thanks for sending copies of the last 2 letters. As I thought, Arrow won't deal direct, all correspondence now has to go through Restons.

If it was me would send the Letter Before Action Response specifically for Restons: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/F...tons%20LBA.doc

As you've not CCA'd them yet I'd also send them a CCA Request: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

If they do issue a claim you'd be best joining AAD+ to gain access to more legal support and privacy for your claim thread:http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php

Elsa xx

Comment

Thanks so much Elsa

I am on my way to the post office now with these - fortunately have today off work so I don't have to hang around waiting for the chance to get into town!

Smallpaws.xx

Comment

I've read your diary with great interest. Well done for all you have achieved. You should be proud. I am just starting my journey (kind of).

Comment

It hasn't been an easy journey but everyone on the forum has been amazing, eiither with advice or encouragement.

I certainly wouldn't have got this far without them all.

I wish you much success with your own journey and will be thinking of you.
                        Smallpaws.

Comment

Hi Elsa

I have just got in from work and have a letter from Reston's date yesterday:

Pleae find enclosed two draft letter which purport to come from you but are unsigned.
                          You will appreciate that we must ensure we are corresponding with the correct person and that anyone requesting information is entitled to receive it.
                          Please ensure that all documentation is signed failing which we will not acknowledge receipt nor provide any response."

I typed my name in as I have previously to other creditors on both the CCA request and the LBA letter which I posted separately. Shall I send them again but signed now?

Smallpaws.xx

Thanks so much Elsa

I am on my way to the post office now with these - fortunately have today off work so I don't have to hang around waiting for the chance to get into town!

Smallpaws.xx

Comment

If it is not UE and you've got resources then Arrow do accept reduced settlement deals.
                            It is slow burner (as they are off-shore and deal only via their reps) but if you are willing to start negotiations then they will listen whilst holding their horses.
                            I've got 2 post April 2007 accounts with them (both enforceable) and settled both when they went heavy. For the balance you quote they would probably settle at 30% (but obviously start lower than that), for smaller balances they would probably want more.
                            Worth a try (maybe?)

Anyway, Good Luck

Comment

Hi Smallpaws,
                              They're being unnecessarily obstructive. We could argue with them about this, but as there's a LBA on the table I would just scrawl your initials over your typed name - not your usual signature. They won't know the difference. Send them straight back without comment. If you want to be really paranoid (like me) you could also scan them after you've signed, and just save the scans for future reference should they try being creative with CCA paperwork

Reduced settlements are always an option in the right circumstances, but it's early days yet, let's see if this is UE first

Comment

Hold fire on this. There's a template I did to Restons regards this plus it does go against them as they instigated chat with you. Don't sign / give in. Let me find the template I did regards this issue.

I need IF
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X