GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smallpaws UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallpaws UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smallpaws UE Diary

Originally posted by Smallpaws View Post
    Think I need to stop the clock ticking before I go from here to ancient in one blink - does the Pixie dust cater for this?
    I wish!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

8th July -
      I have had a reply to my CCA request to PRA group for hubbys Halifax account. They have sent the copies and statement copies and now want me to contact them within 14 days with proposals as to paying the account or they will refer it to their collections division.

I am currently paying £1.00 a month holding patten with Stepchange - they did have notification of his accident but I haven't sent them the sicknote copy which is for a year.

I don't have the means to settle or pay more - have updated this section of the UE diary.

Comment

Have had a reply from Cabor re hubby's Barclaycard account - they cannot trace the paperworrk so will not be pursuing collection of the account unless they can obtain it in the future.

It reminds me thatr this is not a write off of the balance and states the debt legally remains. Have updated the UE diary page with this.

Comment

They cannot trace paperwork ,ah shame, keep that letter very safe xxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

8th July -
            I have had a reply to my CCA request to PRA group for hubbys Halifax account. They have sent the copies and statement copies and now want me to contact them within 14 days with proposals as to paying the account or they will refer it to their collections division.

I am currently paying £1.00 a month holding patten with Stepchange - they did have notification of his accident but I haven't sent them the sicknote copy which is for a year.

I don't have the means to settle or pay more - have updated this section of the UE diary.
            Have you uploaded the cca to be checked? ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...reement-to-AAD

Have had a reply from Cabor re hubby's Barclaycard account - they cannot trace the paperworrk so will not be pursuing collection of the account unless they can obtain it in the future.

It reminds me thatr this is not a write off of the balance and states the debt legally remains. Have updated the UE diary page with this.
            Keep that letter very safe - although Cabot won't be collecting on it, it may be passed to other dcas. You'll then need to reply enclosing a copy of the letter.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

We're working behind the scenes on Smallpaw's OH debts

Comment

2015 09 15

We can confirm that after taking your personal circumstances into consideration Arrow Global have decided to cease collections activity as a gesture of good will.

Guess that means one small step for the company - one giant leap for hubby's accounts!

Smallpaws;455342]Original creditor Amex - hubby's account
                • Type of account Credit Card
                • Date commenced
                • Approx balance £3639.00
                • Date last paid 27/10/14
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP with Stepchange
                • Status added to DMP 19/07/2007

Sold to RMA Resolve - can't find exact date yet
                2014 05 31 - letter sent advising of Hubby's condition and change of payment
                2014 11 14 - letter from them accepting £1 per month until 30/04/2015

2014 12 08 - letter from RMA stating that despite attempts to contact us (if using his mobile it is switched off now) or representatives (Set Change) they have not been able to reach us.

I am urged to contact them asap to review the account and financial circumstances.

This is one of the few I didn't send a CCA letter to.

2015 08 28 - poster letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

2015 09 17 - 1. Amex – NCO – letter not dated but expresses sympathy. They cannot discuss without letter of authority but have passed to the relevant department.

17/09 – I have rung to ask if the DWP appointee form will work as I have had a home visit to check my credentials for that – they say send in copy and they will consider if this is adequate.
                [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi small paws, this may only be one account but hurray, success. If only the rest would help you! Good luck to you and everyone else who is helping you in this very difficult time. Xxxx

Comment

Great news Smallpaws

Comment

Well done Smallpaws, fingers crossed the same happens for the other accounts too

Best wishes
                      IF
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

6th June
                        Letter from DLC - - Further to correspondence... a copy of the original credit agreement is attached.
                        Whilst we may not enforce the agreement the monies remain outstanding. We are prevented from taking steps to enforce the credit agreement but the underlying obligation to repay remains intact.

The McGuffick v RBS clarified the interpretations of what is considered enforcement and if I want to view it is on the internet.

The demanding of payment is not considered enforcement and is merely a step taken prior to the commencement of proceedings therfeore my account remains with collections department for collection activity to commence.

I have been going back through my diary - I have heard nothing since from DLC - does this mean they get no more money from me? Had been paying £1 a month.

Hi this is a new thing for me so hope I have everything ready to start up

Original creditor Capital One
                        • Date commenced
                        • Approx balance £6992.45

Transferred to Direct Legal Collections 01/02/2011

2014 05 31 - Letter sent to them on advice of Stepchange advising of hubby hospital admission and reducing payment

2014 11 07 - Letter received from DLC advising they are intending to issue County Court Claim followed by Charging order - uploaded for Niddy

2014 11 24 - CCA letter sent

2015 01 21 - Letter from DLC - The are following up my request for a copy of the original documentation with the origianl lender. When it becomes available they will send it to me. They will update me in 21 days.

2015 03 10 - letter from DLC stating that the account had been on hold but this hold period has now expired and I am to contact cutomer services to discuss my payment proposals.

2015 04 08 - intentions are to pursue county court claim to gain security for the outstanding balance-
                        sent letter and further cca request as advised by Niddy

2015 04 30 - still DLC are chasing up docs

2015 05 15 - apology for sending letter re enforcement - they are chasing up the docs which may have been arvchived off site by original lender and therefore it takes time to locate them.

2015 06 11 - Further to correspondence... a copy of the original credit agreement is attached.
                        Whilst we may not enforce the agreement the monies remain outstanding.

They are prevented from taking steps to enforce the credit agreement but the underlying obligation to repay remains intact.

The McGuffick v RBS clarified the interpretations of what is considered enforcement and if I want to view it is on the internet.

The demanding of payment is not considered enforcement and is merely a step taken prior to the commencement of proceedings therfeore my account remains with collections department for collection activity to commence.
                        [/QUOTE]

Comment

Just reviewing my stuff -

I had the money back fro the CCA request and Robinsons state they are unable to obtain any further documents.
                          Guess this is an unenforcable debt and should give me no more nightmares.

Stupidly I had been paying £1 a month - stopping right now. What do I do next?

Original creditor Fraser Card
                          • Date commenced
                          • Approx balance £1807.47

Was sold to CL Finance Feb 2010
                          Sold again to Hoist Portfolio Holding 01/02/2014

2014 12 02 - CCA request

No response as yet

2015 01 26 - response from HPH Ltd
                          They are requesting a copy of my agreement and my account has been placed on hold pending receipt.

2015 04 30 - Our client has advised us they are unable to obtain any further documents and as such we are in the process of refunding your £1.00

2015 08 28 - posted letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

Although this is mine rather then HUbby's - I sent all the original letters for both names and it was worth a shot at reducing my own part of the debts. If they say no I am no worse off.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

12th Jan

I have been looking at other entries relatin to Cabot - they wrote to me way back saying they couldn't provide docs as per my CCA request

The letter states my debt is unenforceable but I am obliged to pay the outstanding amount.

They have had £1 a month - but I can stop that! What should I do next?

Original creditor Bank of Scotland Card
                            • Date commenced
                            • Approx balance £3043

Sold to Blair, Oliver and Scott 20/08/2008
                            Sold to Cabot Financial 14/09/2012

2014 12 02 - CCA Letter sent
                            No response as yet

2014 12 05 - reply from Cabot
                            Thank you for your request for Information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Cabot Financial currently does not have this information on file. However we have requested the relevant information under section 77 snd/or 78 of the cca 1974 from the original lender.
                            We anticipate we will be able to provide this information within 40 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits we will write to you again.

2015 01 12 - Response from Cabot

My credit agreement is currently unenforceable...I am still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter. They recommend I contact them to set up a apayment plan.
                            The balance is £3035.97
                            [/QUOTE]

Comment

23/09/2015

Letter stating that afeter taking into acount the circumstances Arrow Global have decided to cease collections as a gesture of goodwill.
                              Will remian on credit file for six years.

The first one to finally understand that the situation we are in isn't going to go away - but they have made the debt go away instead!

Original creditor Amex - hubby's account
                              • Date commenced
                              • Approx balance £3639.00

Sold to RMA Resolve - can't find exact date yet
                              2014 11 14 - letter from them accepting £1 per month until 30/04/2015

2014 12 08 - letter from RMA stating that despite attempts to contact us (if using his mobile it is switched off now) or representatives (Set Change) they have not been able to reach us.

I am urged to contact them asap to review the account and financial circumstances.

This is one of the few I didn't send a CCA letter to.

2015 08 28 - poster letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

2015 09 17 - 1. Amex – NCO – letter not dated but expresses sympathy. They cannot discuss without letter of authority but have passed to the relevant department.

17/09 – I have rung to ask if the DWP appointee form will work as I have had a home visit to check my credentials for that – they say send in copy and they will consider if this is adequate.

23/09/2015

Letter stating that afeter taking into acount the circumstances Arrow Global have decided to cease collections as a gesture of goodwill.
                              Will remian on credit file for six years.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

2015 11 12 - - posted letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...." Also a copy of the CoP Bond so they will finally have to answer me!

]Original creditor Halifax Card - hubby's
                                • Date commenced
                                • Approx balance £6966.54

Sold to Aktiv Capital but can't find date yet
                                2014 06 14 - They will accept whatever Step change advise me to do
                                2014 12 02 - CCA letter sent
                                2014 12 08 - reply from PRA Group (the new name for Aktiv)

We refer to your request for documentation/further information regarding your agreement with Lloyds under Sections 77-79 of the CCA. Whilst we endeavor to obtain documents under the prescribed timescales due to the fact that we have to try to obtain documents from the original creditor we may be unable to do so, your account is on hold and has been removed from the collection process whilst we await the requested information.

2015 01 16 - Letter from PRA confirming that the account has been transferred to them and the balance is£7839.80. No mention of the CCA request just that payments shoulc continue with the DMP.

2015 08 07 - letter from PRA enclosing copies of agreement and statements

We refer to your request for documention/further information regarding your agreement with Lloyds under sections 77-79 of the consumer credit act. Please now find attached the document provided to us by the original creditor and we now look forward to your proposals for payment within 14 days. Should we receive no response from you the account will be passed to our collections division for further action.

2015 08 28 - posted letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

2015 09 17 - letter dated 10/09/15 from them - Unable to record the information provided in the correspondence without signed consent from account holder or appointed representative. They require proof of authority and have sent a form to be signed and returned.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                                X