GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smallpaws UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallpaws UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Smallpaws UE Diary

4th May

I have been telephoned by Hoist but I was at work and couldn't speak. I did say that I didn't know who they were - they are going to be kind enough to write to me to tell me who they are in the hope I will talk to them next time. Not much chance of that!

18th Apr 2016

I have had a letter saying they had agreed a repayment with my authorised rep (Step Change) but not received any monies. I haven'e tsent anything for the last couple of months. They hav e asked me to get in touch to sort it out. I have not replied.

Smallpaws;563446
    Original creditor Fraser Card
    • Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced
    • Approx balance £1807.47
    • Date last paid 27/10/14
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP with Stepchange
    • Status added to DMP 19/07/2007

Was sold to CL Finance Feb 2010
    Sold again to Hoist Portfolio Holding 01/02/2014

2014 12 02 - CCA request

2014 05 31 - letter sent advising of Hubby's condition and change of payment
    No response as yet

2015 01 26 - response from HPH Ltd
    They are requesting a copy of my agreement and my account has been placed on hold pending receipt.

2015 04 30 - Our client has advised us they are unable to obtain any further documents and as such we are in the process of refunding your £1.00

2015 08 28 - posted letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

Although this is mine rather then HUbby's - I sent all the original letters for both names and it was worth a shot at reducing my own part of the debts. If they say no I am no worse off.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Comment

7th May

I have indeed heard from Cabot - they telephoned me to discuss my account on my landline which threw me as almost no-one calls me on that.
      When I realised who they were I said that I wouldn't speak to them on the phone and hung up. I am now waiting for their next letter which I expect will be quite soon!

another letter to pin to your knickers, keep it very safe and I would ignore them for now

- - - Updated - - -

same for all of these from Cabot jolly good news, don't worry and if they send anything else, let us know right away.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Good for you not speaking to Cabot on the phone Everything ​in writing!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done smally , I don't like speaking to leeches either x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

17th March 2016 - Letter from DLC -

On 1 March 2106 MEIII Ltd brought your account from Hillssden Securities LTD. MEIII Ltd and Hillesden Securities Ltd ("dlc") are both part of the Cabot Credit Managment Group.

Although MEIII Ltd are now the legal and beneficial owners of your account, dlc willl continue to manage your account on their behalf. All communications and payments should continue to be made to dlc..
            (under 'not in a plan heading')
            We would like to speak to you to discuss your account. Call us on 0344 335 8498 so we can agree and affordable solution with you that is tailored to your financial situation and personal circumstances.

You might guess - I have not responded to this as previously they told me this debt was UE - that was 11/06/2015.
            Smallpaws.

Hi this is a new thing for me so hope I have everything ready to start up

Original creditor Capital One
            • Date commenced
            • Approx balance £6992.45

Transferred to Direct Legal Collections 01/02/2011

2014 05 31 - Letter sent to them on advice of Stepchange advising of hubby hospital admission and reducing payment

2014 11 07 - Letter received from DLC advising they are intending to issue County Court Claim followed by Charging order - uploaded for Niddy

2014 11 24 - CCA letter sent

2015 01 21 - Letter from DLC - The are following up my request for a copy of the original documentation with the origianl lender. When it becomes available they will send it to me. They will update me in 21 days.

2015 03 10 - letter from DLC stating that the account had been on hold but this hold period has now expired and I am to contact cutomer services to discuss my payment proposals.

2015 04 08 - intentions are to pursue county court claim to gain security for the outstanding balance-
            sent letter and further cca request as advised by Niddy

2015 04 30 - still DLC are chasing up docs

2015 05 15 - apology for sending letter re enforcement - they are chasing up the docs which may have been arvchived off site by original lender and therefore it takes time to locate them.

2015 06 11 - Further to correspondence... a copy of the original credit agreement is attached.
            Whilst we may not enforce the agreement the monies remain outstanding.

They are prevented from taking steps to enforce the credit agreement but the underlying obligation to repay remains intact.

The McGuffick v RBS clarified the interpretations of what is considered enforcement and if I want to view it is on the internet.

The demanding of payment is not considered enforcement and is merely a step taken prior to the commencement of proceedings therfeore my account remains with collections department for collection activity to commence.
            [/QUOTE]
            Last edited by Smallpaws; 18 May 2016, 08:51.

Comment

About 2 weeks ago Hoist rang me on my mobile at work and I declined to speak to them as I wa in a meeting and also didn't know who they were.

2016 05 04 - they have now sent a letter to me to say
              We have contacted our client who has confirmed that we are acting on their behalf to manage this account.
              Please contact the office to discuss my current circumstances so we can agree an affordable payment arrangement with you.

I haven't replied.
              Smallpaws

2016 04 18

I heard nothing after the letter dated 30th April 2015 when they said they cound't trace the paperwork and in January stopped sending money £1/month )via Step Change. I have now had a letter today saying

"We had agreed an affordable payment plan with your authorised representative but we have not yet received trhe agreed paymlents,....Please make payment to avoid collection activity commening"

The letter is from Robinson Wayalthough statements come from Hoist Portfolio Holding.

What should I do next please?

Smallpaws;455332 Original creditor Fraser Card
              • Date commenced

2014 12 02 - CCA request

No response as yet

They are requesting a copy of my agreement and my account has been placed on hold pending receipt.

2015 04 30 - Our client has advised us they are unable to obtain any further documents and as such we are in the process of refunding your £1.00

2015 08 28 - posted letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

Although this is mine rather then HUbby's - I sent all the original letters for both names and it was worth a shot at reducing my own part of the debts. If they say no I am no worse off.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Comment

2016 05 04 - letter from Cabot
                Basically this was a brief letter saying they could talk through my various options and either set up a monthlyu payment plan or see if I could get a discount for a one- off payment.
                I ignored this.

I have then had a phone call at home to discuss my account which I declined to get into.

2016 05 06 -
                Cabot have a new letter

We have recently confirmed that you live at the abvove address so we need to make you aware of the information below.
                We are part of the Cabot Credit Managment Group which has recently brought the account you held with Bank of Scotland. We are now responsible for helping you manage your account and receiving your future payments.

They then go on to say I should contact the team to set up a solution which works for me.I have not done anything in response and wait for their next nice letter. All nice except that they lie - Cabot held this account from 14th Sept 2012 so I am not with a new company.
                Smallpaws

27th April - As I had in writing that the Cabot debt was UE I stopped sending money via Step Change but this was only in Jan this year.

I have now had a new letter from Cabot saying that they haven't received my last payment from my debt management company and they have put my account on hold.Naturally they are now keen that I contact them to sort out anew parment plan.

As this is UE which they said in their own letter - what response should I give them that won't make things difficult for me? T

Original creditor Bank of Scotland Card
                • Date commenced
                • Approx balance £3043

Sold to Blair, Oliver and Scott 20/08/2008
                Sold to Cabot Financial 14/09/2012

2014 12 02 - CCA Letter sent
                No response as yet

2014 12 05 - reply from Cabot
                Thank you for your request for Information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Cabot Financial currently does not have this information on file. However we have requested the relevant information under section 77 snd/or 78 of the cca 1974 from the original lender.
                We anticipate we will be able to provide this information within 40 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits we will write to you again.

2015 01 12 - Response from Cabot

My credit agreement is currently unenforceable...I am still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter. They recommend I contact them to set up a apayment plan.
                The balance is £3035.97
                [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Comment

2016 03 16
                  Stepchange asked me to contact them so I sent:-

Sent: 16 March 2016 10:12
                  To: Correspondence Queries

You have asked me to contact you regarding M & S card - you have been unable to make the payment.
                  I appreciate how busy you are but after 20mins on the phone I couldn't afford to wait further. Please email me with:
                  What message exactly did you receive when you made the payment?
                  Was the money returned and if so by whom?
                  Do you have an exact contact for this?

After a few days I did get an email saying they could see I had been spoken to and hope that I am resolved - actually not the case.

I still have had nothing direct from Arrow Global who are managing this account and I haven't contacted them myself. I do have a copy of the agreement from them that hubby signed on 27th Aug 1998 though.

As I have a different AG account in legal hands I am a little nervous about the lack of communication but am leaving it to them to make the first move.
                  Smallpaws.

Original creditor M & S Card - hubbys
                  • Date commenced
                  • Approx balance £5501.97

Sold to Arrow Global 05/03/2013
                  No response as yet
                  2014 12 02 - CCA letter sent

2014 12 09 - reply with PO returned by them

We acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the CCA a974.

We will process your request for documentation from the originating creditor and will revert in due course.

All collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documentation.

2015 02 02 - letter received stating they are still seeking a copy of the paperwork and the account is still on hold.

2015 02 11 - copy of card application received - total sum outstanding now 5497.97 and stating ' the amount which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against you.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Well it all seems to be a load of nothing that you can continue to ignore!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      Well it all seems to be a load of nothing that you can continue to ignore!

That is putting politely!

Comment

2016 06 11 - I have had a few calls on my mobile - all blocked as listed below:
                        4th May 08:30
                        18th May 11:53
                        20th May 09:54
                        26th May .08:49
                        3rd June 10:09
                        4th June 10:04
                        6th June 10:09
                        6th June 18:59
                        7th june 11:05
                        7th June 16:22
                        8th June 10:33
                        8th June 10:39
                        8th June 12:33 - this was a text saying they would like me to call Chris back as they have been unable to reach me

I also have had a letter dated 26th May which is saying they note I have not responded to them and asking me to either contact a debt charity for assistance or complete their attached income and expediture form. I have done neither.

Persistent lot!

2016 04 18

I heard nothing after the letter dated 30th April 2015 when they said they cound't trace the paperwork and in January stopped sending money £1/month )via Step Change. I have now had a letter today saying

"We had agreed an affordable payment plan with your authorised representative but we have not yet received trhe agreed paymlents,....Please make payment to avoid collection activity commening"

The letter is from Robinson Wayalthough statements come from Hoist Portfolio Holding.

What should I do next please?

Smallpaws;455332 Original creditor Fraser Card
                        • Date commenced

2014 12 02 - CCA request

No response as yet

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Comment

I would just file the letter away smallpaws.

Comment

2016 06 12 - Cabot are the second lot who have been chasing me by phone. I seem to have a call from someone most days but no message is left, until Friday when they left details asking me to phone them.

I also have a ltter dated 4th June saying my balance is waiting to be paid.
                            It offers a discount for paying in full, good terms if not able to and advice as to where to get debt help.

They say they will continue to keep trying to reach me - it is so nice to be popular
                            Shame I don't feel the same way about them.

2016 04 20

As I had in writing that the debt was UE I stopped sending money via Step Change but this was only in Jan this year.

I have now had a new letter from Cabot saying that they haven't receieved my last payment from my debt management company and they have put my account on hold.Naturally they are now keen that I contact them to sort out anew parment plan.

As this is UE which they said in their own letter - what response should I give them that won't make things difficult for me?

Thanks
                            Smallpaws.

Smallpaws;455340Original creditor Bank of Scotland Card
                            • Date commenced
                            • Approx balance £3043

Sold to Blair, Oliver and Scott 20/08/2008
                            Sold to Cabot Financial 14/09/2012

2014 12 02 - CCA Letter sent
                            No response as yet

2014 12 05 - reply from Cabot
                            Thank you for your request for Information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Cabot Financial currently does not have this information on file. However we have requested the relevant information under section 77 snd/or 78 of the cca 1974 from the original lender.
                            We anticipate we will be able to provide this information within 40 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits we will write to you again.

2015 01 12 - Response from Cabot

My credit agreement is currently unenforceable...I am still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter. They recommend I contact them to set up a apayment plan.
                            The balance is £3035.97
                            [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Comment

You could send Cabot the telephone harrassment letter which is in the AAD+ template section.

Comment

2016 06 27 - Letter received today from Cabot dated 16th June

'Thank you for paying in the past, we appreciate you tried to pay your account. You still have a balance of £372 that needs to be paid. We would like to help you set up a repayment plan that will see you being free of this balance'.

I have had no paperwork which tells me this account has now been transferred to Cabot until the above and have not paid anything since Feb. Moorcroft did not find papes in response to my CCArequest.

Should I try a CCA to Cabot?

Original creditor Faith Card
                                • Date commenced
                                • Approx balance £250.49

Sold to Moorcroft 2008 - can't find date yet

No response as yet

2014 12 02 - CCA letter sent

2014 12 09 - repsonse from Moorcroft - they have requested papework from Faith and have suspended all collection activity on my account at this time.
                                [/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                                X