GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commit2change UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commit2change UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: commit2change UE diary

Originally posted by commit2change View Post
    Also I can't believe I'm 2.5 years into this - how time flies. I wish I'd discovered this amazing forum when I first got into trouble and started a DMP. You guys are all amazing
    Thank you commit2change

It is surprising how time flies. I've reached the magic 6 year mark but it doesn't seem all that long ago that I was nervously sending off my CCA requests
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HI All

So Lowell Have sent me a Pre-Legal assessment letter for my Halifax CC debt.

My account remains unpaid so they are deciding weather to send to the solicitors to take legal action.

What letter should I send in response please, is it the New LBA response letter 2016 - or is that a little early. Should I be sending the Formal letter before action response - in AAD+. This account is enforceable sadly at the last check on the info they sent me.

Thanks all

Julie
      Last edited by commit2change; 22 April 2017, 10:19.

Comment

New LBA response letter 2016 send treat as a letter before action = lowells do go ahead in almost all cases
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks - I've just realised that I've had a bunch of these in the past but I'll get that sent off today :-)

Comment

Hi guys

So I need some advice on my current situation and my plan. All advice welcome - though I won't promise to take it I've been thinking about this a lot recently.

My grandma died and my parents gifted me £20,000 as they wanted me to have our inheritance early. I spent some as you do but I still have a chunk left and I've been saving to rebuild it. I'd like to buy a house - I didn't think I'd be in this position so early in this journey and I don't want to spend the next 3 years renting that's £10,000 I could put in my home and future with this money sitting in the bank.

The plan:

All bar one default drops off in August / Sept so I'd like to apply in October. Only the stupid Link one remains (twats with the late default) for ~£5,000 and I still haven't had any paperwork back from them - I'd be looking at houses around £80,000 (or under obvs) with a ~£15,000 deposit (though I've found a lovely house at £125,000 I doubt I'd get a mortgage for that) leaving £5,000 for fees and moving etc. if I get a reasonable mortgage (not the expensive house) I'd be able to save ~£500 a month to rebuild my savings.

If I get a mortgage I know I'd be a target for the DCA's but since Lowell are likely to try to recover the money anyway and are so far enforceable I'd be open to a F&F or payment plan as I suspect this will happen anyway, they seem like they are very court happy. If I get the mortgage fixed for a few years I could probably clear them in three years esp as I'm sure I could hold them off for a bit while I saved.

If I get refused a mortgage I think I'd like to try and clear the Link debt with a F&F and removable of the default as it went on late anyway and if I'm paying it and acknowledging the debt anyway I can complain about the late Default and take it further, Then once removed I could try again in 6 months. Of course having a mortgage refused on my CR will awake the beasts - since I didn't get one I'm not sure Lowell will immediately think I have loads of money. If they do then I can F&F them which is the end plan anyway and then save and try again for a mortgage

I think this is a good way to go as Lowell will come after me sooner or later - so I might as well get a house and then deal with them after, if I have a mortgage already, payments to Lowell won't affect that and I can negotiate either F&F or a payment plan.

So thoughts?

(I hope this makes sense)

Comment

Buying a house sounds like a great idea. I would hold back until November, just to give a cushion. I'm not sure how much impact one default would have on a mortgage application or the rate offered. How long has the Link one got on your file? You would definitely get a flurry of letters, but you can get more help in fighting them.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                Buying a house sounds like a great idea. I would hold back until November, just to give a cushion. I'm not sure how much impact one default would have on a mortgage application or the rate offered. How long has the Link one got on your file? You would definitely get a flurry of letters, but you can get more help in fighting them.

I have 3 years left on the link default - it was on placed June 14.

Comment

Received two replies from Lowell re my halifax debts

CC: we have sent you what you need and are obliged too - and will wait 30 days fro a response from me - will do more on this later because:

Loan: After reviewing your account we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of good will and strictly without any admission of liability are prepared to discontinue this matter against you. balance £0 on the letter.

I'm in shock - SHOCK!

I'm dancing around the room

I'm sure they could still sell it on but I'll take this for now!!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxx

Comment

Loan: After reviewing your account we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of good will and strictly without any admission of liability are prepared to discontinue this matter against you. balance £0 on the letter.

I'm in shock - SHOCK!

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxx

What brilliant news!

Great start to the weekend

Especially since it's £7k and believed to have been enforceable >

Halifax
                    Loan debt
                    Opened Jan 2009 - this one could be an issue.
                    Balance £8000
                    Last full payment July 2011
                    On DMP last payment Jan 14
                    In default date: 7/11
                    Blair, Oliver and Scott are the people I talk to / send payments to.
                    LoweII own debt 24/11/15. Ref: **9 £6907.93

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Blair with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1
                    20/1/14 letter received please call us to talk about your account asap - odd as my DMP is actually still up to date. - ignore for now
                    3/2/14 received photocopy of T&C signed - sent to Niddy but suspect enforceable - but always thought this one might be.
                    12/2/14 Yep as I thought it is enforceable - will send off missing PT letter and see what happens - may try for a F&F maybe.
                    12/2/14 Sent off missing PT letter to Blair. didn't enclose copy of T&C as blagging.
                    24/4/14 moorcroft please contact us
                    8/5/14 Moorcroft - installment offer £120/month
                    23/5/14 Sent missing PT letter to Moorcroft - stalling
                    29/5/14 Moorcroft -we are looking into this matter and will not try to collect until it is resolved.
                    30/5/14 Hallifax statment - including note about missed payments
                    2/1/15 Halifax - sold debt to LoweII Portfolio, new ref: 279
                    03/07/15 Moorcroft monthly instalment offer
                    28/01/16 Lowell - new owners please contact us
                    16/02/16 Lowell - repayment options letter
                    15/03/16 Lowell - account overdue please contact us
                    29/03/16 Lowell - pre-legal assessment letter
                    10/04/16 Me - Account sold in dispute
                    11/04/16 Lowell - Pre legal assessment letter
                    22/04/16 Lowell - we have requested documents
                    02/06/16 Lowell - waiting on documents
                    12/10/16 Lowell - received documents will send separately
                    12/10/16 Lowell - copy of Halifax agreement

10/11/16 haven't heard back after recent docs -please contact.
                    25/11/16 Lowell please contact us
                    01/12/16 Sent letter - did not comply with CCA missing prescribed terms
                    26/01/17 - Lowell we have fulfilled request for docs please contact us
                    27/01/17 Lowell please contact us

13/02/17 Haven't hear back please contact us - Lowell
                    13/05/17 Pre legal assessment letter
                    16/05/17 LBA2016 letter sent as per advice

30/05/17 THEY HAVE CANCELLED MY DEBT!!! I'm in shock - total shock.

Di

Comment

• Re: commit2change UE diary

CC: we have sent you what you need and are obliged too - and will wait 30 days fro a response from me - will do more on this later because:

I'm in shock - SHOCK!

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxx
                      Fantastic result

Comment

• Hi Guys

What should I reply to this letter from Lowell for my Halifax CC debt, this is in response to the New LBA 2016 letter:

Paraphrased:

We have sent you agreement on 2 june 2016 and stmt of accounts sent7 oct 2016 -if you want us to send these again please let us know

Unable to supply deed of assignment as this was purchased as a bulk purpose and will contain personal data of other customers

We purchased rights on Nov 2015, notice of assignment sent onc22 Dec 2015 - under section 136 of law property act 1925 this serves as evidence we can collect this debt

Do not have to prove a default notice as I should have had one from original creditor.

Please respond with intentions towards this account.

If need I can type up what the letter said in full.

Comment

• Originally posted by commit2change View Post
                          Hi Guys

What should I reply to this letter from Lowell for my Halifax CC debt, this is in response to the New LBA 2016 letter:

Paraphrased:

We have sent you agreement on 2 june 2016 and stmt of accounts sent7 oct 2016 -if you want us to send these again please let us know

Unable to supply deed of assignment as this was purchased as a bulk purpose and will contain personal data of other customers

We purchased rights on Nov 2015, notice of assignment sent onc22 Dec 2015 - under section 136 of law property act 1925 this serves as evidence we can collect this debt

Do not have to prove a default notice as I should have had one from original creditor.

Please respond with intentions towards this account.

If need I can type up what the letter said in full.

So they have sent NOTHING and just given their opinion. File this away without replying.

Comment

• Afternoon guys

So I did it - I bought a house!!! I love it and couldn't be happier

So of course Lowell instantally popped up with a threatogram - to my old address - but I suspect they know I've move and bought one as my mortgage is showing on my credit records now.

It states it's from Lowell solicitors, called a letter of claim and includes an info sheet, reply form and financial stmt form. They write to inform me that they intend to issue proceedings against me in the county court. the letter is sent out in accordance with practice directives, on pre action conduct it states that if they don't receive payment or a response in 30 days they apply to court without further reference to myself

Which letter should I send them please? Is it the new LBA response 2016, standard threat-o-gram or litigation forthcoming.

Thanks muchly

Comment

• Originally posted by commit2change View Post
                              So I did it - I bought a house!!! I love it and couldn't be happier

So of course Lowell instantally popped up with a threatogram - to my old address - but I suspect they know I've move and bought one as my mortgage is showing on my credit records now.

It states it's from Lowell solicitors, called a letter of claim and includes an info sheet, reply form and financial stmt form. They write to inform me that they intend to issue proceedings against me in the county court. the letter is sent out in accordance with practice directives, on pre action conduct it states that if they don't receive payment or a response in 30 days they apply to court without further reference to myself

Which letter should I send them please? Is it the new LBA response 2016, standard threat-o-gram or litigation forthcoming.

Good news about the house purchase

Not so good news about Lowell Solicitors' Letter Before Claim, but you have 30 days to deal with it.

Which debt is this for?

Di

Comment

• Hi

Sorry its the halifax CC debt

Comment

Working...
                                X