GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Matt's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's UE diary

I'm comforted to find this forum. I feel so alone and unable to cope with the financial mess I am in.

I had a good job and a regular income until January 2011. I had a very large amount of unsecured credit, originally at low interest rates. My credit record had been perfect and I had planned to increase my mortgage to wrap it all up at an affordable manner. Unfortunately, without realising it I had been developing an incurable and degenerative illness for some years. My ability to do my job and to manage my affairs deteriorated dramatically over time. By the time I was diagnosed with my illness in January 2011 I was already in a financial mess and struggling to manage payments. Interests rates were escalated to horrific levels and I missed payments with increasing frequency.

Following diagnosis, I went on long term sick leave. I spent 2 months in a psychiatric hospital as I struggled to cope with the news of my illness and went into meltdown. I went some time without any income and was totally unable to manage my affairs, not even able to open my post for months on end.

I still have great difficulties nlp managing my affairs, but am finally getting a grip in where I am up to. I am horrified at the thousands of pounds of interest racked up on cards not used for years, and at what I see as unfair and oppressive interest rate escalation,

In my next post, I will set out the figures claimed from me.

Re: Matt's UE diary

Hi Matt

Welcome to AAD. You're in good hands now.

Will reply later but thought I'd pop in and say hi

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

BARCLAYCARD/MORGAN STANLEY

Date commenced - 2000

Approx balance - £9,500

Date last paid - January 2012

arrangement or not paying - not paying

Status - default in August 2012

Account owner - MKDP LLP

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Compello
      JUNE 2013 - MKDP say unable to fulfil request at this time and liaising with original creditor
      JUNE 2013 - account in dispute letter sent
      JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
      JUNE 2013 - MKDP supply copy of signed application form. Emailed to Niddy to seek his view.
      JULY 2013 - Following advice from Niddy that UE, missing prescribed terms letter sent to MKDP.
      Last edited by Matt; 11 July 2013, 19:58.

Comment

CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT CARD

Date commenced - ?

Approx balance - £12,000

Date last paid - sometime in 2012

Status - ?

Account owner - Lowells

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Lowells
        MAY 2013 - Lowells say asking Co-op for copy
        JUNE 2013 - Lowells write again to say once it's retrieved from archives will demand payment in full
        JUNE 2013 - Lowells write again to say Co-op still trying to retrieve from archives and that account on hold in meanwhile.
        JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
        JUNE 2013 Letter from Lowell today says Co-op has advised that:
        *CCA no longer available due to length of time since account was opened.
        * Lowell are conducting an investigation into the account which will remain on hold until an outcome is reached

Note: this card does not appear on my credit file.
        Last edited by Matt; 20 June 2013, 23:57.

Comment

MBNA (card 1 of 3)

Date commenced - 1998

Approx balance - £14,000

Date last paid - January 2012

Status - default in June 2012

Account owner - LINK

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Link
          MAY 2013 - Link say was sold to IDR Finance in August 2012 and that copy agreement requested from MBNA
          JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
          JUNE 2013 - Link write to say that as account opened in 1998 taking longer than expected to retrieve the documents or even the possibility that they may no longer exist
          Last edited by Matt; 1 July 2013, 13:23.

Comment

MBNA (card 2 of 3)

Date commenced - 1999

Approx balance - £16,000

Date last paid - December 2011

Status - default in June 2012

Account owner - LINK

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Link
            JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
            JULY 2013 - CCA response from Link. Niddy advised unenforceable.
            OCTOBER 2013 - statement of account from Link
            Last edited by Matt; 14 January 2018, 18:35.

Comment

MBNA (card 3 of 3)

Date commenced - 1997

Approx balance - £12,000

Date last paid - June 2012

Status - default in October 2012

Account owner - ?

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to MBNA
              JUNE 2013 - account in dispute letter
              JUNE 2013 - MBNA send:
              1. signed application form with tcs and cs in separate document
              2. current tcs and tcs
              3. CCA response covering letter from MBNA shows zero balance. Query whether because assigned?
              No intervening tcs and cs supplied.
              JUNE 2013 - Niddy advises that UE. Missing prescribed terms letter sent to MBNA.
              JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
              OCTOBER 2016 - after very long silence, MBNA say that selling debt to Arrow Global
              OCTOBER 2016 -Arrow Global send me notice of assignment and say Capquest is managing the claim
              OCTOBER 2016 - Capquest write to confirm managing my account and want to know about my circumstances
              OCTOBER 2016 - Capquest start ringing me up
              Last edited by Matt; 6 November 2016, 19:09.

Comment

The above 5 cards constitute the greatest part of the large alleged debt. For completeness, I also have:

1. £3k overdraft with HSBC
                2. £1k owed to NatWest credit card
                3. £1k medical bills
                4. Large amount (many thousands) owed to friend.

Comment

Hi to you too Niddy. Great to know there is someone friendly out there. I can see from AAD that you've done a lot of good for a lot of people.

Comment

Hi Matt

Well done for thaking the first step to join AAD, that was our hardest step.

AAD site is amazing you couldn't be in better hands, you won't find anywhere better, I can assure you. The guys and gals on here are totally amazing, they have helped us and many many others with what we all thought was never ending problems.

Where else would you get help 24/7 and also give us the confidence to fight back..

Good luck for your future

Comment

hi matt,
                      Welcome to AAD. I am sorry to read about the hard time you have had recently. Rest assured, you are in good hands with regards to sorting your debts out which i am sure will be a help for you.
                      All the best,
                      Missy
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Just wanted to add what the others have said; I found this place at the lowest point in my life financially and now with some amazing help I feel back in control. You are safe here.

Jane x

Comment

Hi Matt. Sorry to hear about your health problems.

Welcome to AAD and well done on setting your diary out so well

I would suggest using different colours for letters sent and letters received...it makes it so much easier to see what's been happening further down the line.

So, mbna card 3 is the only one you have received a cca for? Email it to Niddy, putting your user name in the subject line of the email.

You don't need to do anything about the others until you hear from them. When you do hear anything, just post and let us know.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

With MBNA 3, did you receive the T&C's from inception along with all changes / updates since or just the one set?

Comment

Hi Matt,

I would like to add my welcome to AAD.

Like many of us here you will have been fearing what lays ahead for you when debts begin to overwhelm you and begin to take preference over everything else in your life, but please be re-assured there is a way back, and most importantly on your terms not some bullying creditor who has absolutely no regard for you're personal welfare.

I arrived here over 3 years ago with £130K of unsecured debt,I dared not think further than the next day and feared the postman arriving with the next barrage of threats, or a knock on the door.

But 3 years on I'm still battling the threats which are now a fraction of when I started my journey,and although the war isn't yet won,I have won a few battles along the way, and for the most part now have little to fear from the few threats that remain.

If you have not already done so, please pop over to the unenforceable page and take a look at my "One Year On" thread, you will read my story and stories of many others. I hope it gives you a little comfort to know you are not alone,I promise you there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good Luck Matt

Alland

Comment

Working...
                              X