GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mikey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received a letter out of the blue from Arrow Global stating that they have "failed to provide statutory notices within prescribed timescales to
    inform you about the status of your account" this is from when they took it over from Virgin/Mbna in May 2016 until May 2018. The letter goes on to say that "to remedy this oversight we have enclosed a statement which covers the timescale above."

Any thoughts about this and if could affect enforcability or not?

Comment

It could impact both enforceability and their ability to attempt to claim interest but only if this was the only thing making the account UE. I had 6 years worth come through for a debt last year and nothing further... That was from a cabot company

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey08 View Post
        Just received a letter out of the blue from Arrow Global stating that they have "failed to provide statutory notices within prescribed timescales to
        inform you about the status of your account" this is from when they took it over from Virgin/Mbna in May 2016 until May 2018. The letter goes on to say that "to remedy this oversight we have enclosed a statement which covers the timescale above."

Any thoughts about this and if could affect enforcability or not?
        Appreciate any more input on if this effects enforcabilty or not? Thanks

Comment

Hi, the statutory notices supplied are an annual statement of account which has to be supplied, but as in your case can be remedied. However, this is only a small part of the UE requirements. There are plenty of other areas where they can still fail.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Hi, the statutory notices supplied are an annual statement of account which has to be supplied, but as in your case can be remedied. However, this is only a small part of the UE requirements. There are plenty of other areas where they can still fail.
            And the content and what is sent must be in accordance with CCA 1974 and how it is sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey08 View Post

Appreciate any more input on if this effects enforcabilty or not?

Yes it can.

This is an explanation in Plain English > https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/default-sums

Di

Comment

Working...
              X