GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mikey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey's Diary

Virgin/MBNA
    Taken out 08/12/08
    Credit card
    Approx balance £12345.00
    Last paid full payment August 2015
    Arrangement currently paying £16.72/month
    Account with Moorcroft/Arrow Global Ltd
    Defaulted 13/04/2016
    CCA request received

cca update: checked and valid
    Last edited by Mikey08; 4 June 2018, 13:24.

LloydsTSB
    Taken out 19/09/07
    Credit card
    Approx balance £10342.00
    Last paid full payment August 2015
    Arrangement currently paying £13.19/month
    Account with PRA Group
    Defaulted 07/01/2016
    CCA request received

cca update: checked and looks valid
    Last edited by Mikey08; 4 June 2018, 13:25.

Comment

has Niddy seen the CCA!s?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I've sent them in to be checked thanks

Comment

good keep us updated
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Mikey08

Do you recall if you had PPI on either of these accounts?

Wait for the verdict on the two credit agreements but also be aware that a debt can be unenforceable in court despite a compliant credit agreement if the debt owner hasn’t complied with all,their other statutory obligations.

Let’s wait and see how things unfold.

Are these your only two debts?

Di

Comment

No PPI on accounts and there are other creditors that have been sent CCA requests but haven't produced anything yet. Most debts from after 2007 though so not sure if they will manage to send the CCA's at some stage. Most with DCA's but 2 with Link might still be Barclaycard.

Been in a dmp with sc for 2 years but considering if it would be worth going self managed to help negotiate f&f's when possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey08 View Post
                there are other creditors that have been sent CCA requests but haven't produced anything yet. Most debts from after 2007 though so not sure if they will manage to send the CCA's at some stage. Most with DCA's but 2 with Link might still be Barclaycard.

Been in a dmp with sc for 2 years but considering if it would be worth going self managed to help negotiate f&f's when possible.

I think you should consider all your options when you know which debts are unenforceable and which may not be.

Why not make a post for each of the other debts so the full picture can be seen.

I look forward to helping you

Di

Comment

Contacted two creditors (robway/link) last week to negotiate full and final settlements after they had failed to produce cca's 6 months after acknowledging request. Two accounts with each and they both claim to have sent the cca's for one account but told them nothing ever received so possible lost post but maybe they are just trying it on?

I've asked them to send copies and one said they'd send by email but nothing received yet and the other said they'd resubmit request so not really sure where that leaves me with unenforcability as they claim to have sent the cca's but I definitely haven't received them.

Anyone had similar issues and how best to deal with dca's claiming to have sent cca's when nothing received?

Comment

Why chase them? Point is they’re in default if no response.

Or just send a new request after a month and send the fee. They must comply.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Why chase them? Point is they’re in default if no response.

Or just send a new request after a month and send the fee. They must comply.
                      Wasn't wanting to chase them as so far as I was concerned I had received no cca's after their confirmation of request/account on hold but then 6 months later when I contact them to discuss f & f's they then claim to have sent 2 cca's. So like you say maybe need to resubmit cca requests on those accounts.

Comment

But why offer to settle when they’re UE?
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          But why offer to settle when they’re UE?
                          As it's only been about 6 months since requesting cca's and still been making small payments through stepchange dmp thought it might be worth trying for low f & f's before considering going self managed and stopping payment to those that haven't produced cca's, but not sure about waiting 6 years for statute barred and them possibly producing cca's in the future.

Comment

even a part paid or full final etc will be on your CRA files regardless, so listen to what people are trying to inform you, pay or even not pay it will be there for 6 years,

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              even a part paid or full final etc will be on your CRA files regardless, so listen to what people are trying to inform you, pay or even not pay it will be there for 6 years,
                              I understand about the 6 years from default to sb if ue and not paying but I'm 2.5 years on dmp so if I stop paying/contact now would be 6 years from now or if I can agree really low f & f's they would drop of my CRA files in 3.5 years. Might not seem worth it to some but just exploring my options for the best route at the moment, didn't know at the time but should have sent for cca's right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X