GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F19FOX's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F19FOX's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F19FOX View Post
    This may or may not matter but they have not dated the CCA. I have signed and dated it - they have just signed it.

I've not seen the document which Santander sent you in response to your SAR/GDPR Request but in order for the credit agreement to be properly executed it should be signed and dated by them.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I've not seen the document which Santander sent you in response to your SAR/GDPR Request but in order for the credit agreement to be properly executed it should be signed and dated by them.

Di
      Hi Di

Thank you for your response

Near the top of the page Santander have 'rubber stamped' it and it says 'PBMS BFD 07 MAY 2009' but in the actual box on the CCA where it says 'Signed by Santander' there is a signature by them but the date section has not been filled in. So I guess I just file this away and wait for them to formally reply to my CCA request?

Comment

F19FOX's account number 3

BARCLAYS
        • Type of account - Credit card
        • Date commenced - 17th July 2006
        • Approx balance - £6,019
        • Date last 'full' payment - 30th Oct 2015
        • Arrangement - not paying
        • Status - defaulted 27th May 2016
        • Account owner - Link Financial
        OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
        30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.

OCT 18/10 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to Link

APR
        17/4 Wrote to Link to request copy of CCA
        JUN 2/6 cancelled all payments as nil response to CCA request
        11/6 SAR letter posted to Barclays
        21/6 letter from Barclays 14/6 acknowledging SAR saying it usually takes up to 30 days to prepare all the info but if my request is more complex it might take up to 90 days. They will write to let me know if they think my case is more complex!
        JUL 16/7 GDPR response from Barclays. Essentially a brief cover letter with a huge pile of A5 copy statements! There are a few copy letters which were sent out to me when defaulting my account but no copies of any correspondence from me. No mention either of any correspondence whatsoever with Link Financial. Also no copy of the CCA
        Has anyone else had a GDPR response from Barclays? I was expecting to see copies of correspondence from me, recordings of phone calls, correspondence with Link and a copy of my CCA. I'd be interested to hear your views.

Thanks

Comment

BARCLAYS
          OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
          30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.

APR
          21/6 letter from Barclays 14/6 acknowledging SAR saying it usually takes up to 30 days to prepare all the info but if my request is more complex it might take up to 90 days. They will write to let me know if they think my case is more complex!
          JUL 16/7 GDPR response from Barclays. Essentially a brief cover letter with a huge pile of A5 copy statements! There are a few copy letters which were sent out to me when defaulting my account but no copies of any correspondence from me. No mention either of any correspondence whatsoever with Link Financial. Also no copy of the CCA
          25/7 Letter from Link Financial saying payment is overdue and I need to make immediate payment otherwise will cancel my repayment plan and full balance of £6,018 will be due.
          Please can someone advise me on what to do here? As you will see I've just received a letter from Link Financial because I have stopped paying them. This is because I have had nil response to my CCA request. However I made a school boy error when I sent the request (I did it prior to finding this amazing site) and did not send it by recorded delivery so I have no way of being certain that Link Financial received my CCA request. So should I send another request (this time by recorded delivery!) or should I ignore it?

Thank you

Comment

send another one Recorded Delivery keep records as such
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Tech Clerk for your rapid response -much appreciated! I will post another one and I promise not to make the same mistake again!

Comment

Thank you Tech Clerk for your rapid response -much appreciated! I will post another one and I promise not to make the same mistake again!
                Don't worry, we have all done it - sent requests by ordinary mail
                If possible try to find a non P.O. box address because PO box letters are often not signed for - or they are but not uploaded to the royal mail site. Then you have to go through the pain of chasing RM to get confirmation

Comment

When sending a CCA I enclose a Postal Order.
                  The Post Office receipt for a Postal Order will include the Postal Order Number!
                  Postal Orders Numbers and can be traced as to whether they have been paid or not payment! Sending a Postal Order and having Proof of Postage from Post Office is evidence.

Comment

Thank you Warwick65 and Roger for your advice. I will do so when I send off the CCA request tomorrow. One more thing, can I just clarify what Niddy means when he says to 'sign digitally' the CCA? Does he mean the secure certificate type services that you can buy to confirm your identity or does he simply mean to type your name? Is there an issue with actually signing it with your wet signature as you would a 'normal' letter?

Thanks

Comment

I always used a fancy font within word. The reason I never signed letters by hand was the danger of the banks lifting the signature.

Having said that, I more recent years I have used cheques for cca requests but I made tiny alterations to my signature and took scans of the letters and cheques for my records. Mind, not everyone has a cheque book these days

Comment

Ah OK thanks for clarifying Warwick65. That makes a lot more sense!

Yes I am indeed one of those people that does not have a cheque book and so I will be paying by Postal Order. But thanks for the tip

Comment

What I have done is to sign in ink Big and Bold over and outside of the boundaries of the AAD signature strip.
                          I scanned/photo that signature and store it as a picture.
                          Then when I use an AAD template I replace the AAD signature strip with my Picture!!.

This way all of my AAD templates are signed the same (special) way!
                          Very difficult to lift a signature from that background!

Comment

Thanks Roger. I like your creativity and very canny

Comment

BARCLAYS

APR
                              25/7 Letter from Link Financial saying payment is overdue and I need to make immediate payment otherwise will cancel my repayment plan and full balance of £6,018 will be due.

30/7 Wrote to Link again to request CCA - this time with signature required so I can be sure it's received. Wrote a separate letter to Link telling them to only contact me in writing by post
                              31/7 CCA Request signed for confirmation from Royal Mail

May I just clarify some things please

Your last full (i.e. contractual) payment to Barclaycard was on 30th October 2015 yet they didn't default the account until 27th May 2016 (is that right?).

When (if ever) were you served with a Default Notice by Barclaycard?

When was the account assigned to Link?

Di

Comment

Hello Di

Good to hear from you and yes of course you may

Wading through all the copy statements supplied as a result of my SAR to Barclays, I can see that the last full payment I made to Barclaycard was 12th Oct 2015. Thereafter I made token £1 per month payments up until 2nd June 2018 when I stopped paying altogether. Yes the account was defaulted on 27th May 2016.

Unfortunately I ditched loads of correspondence I had received up until I found this site and realised how important all the documents were so I don't have any copies of any default notices myself. However, once again thanks to the SAR response, Barclays have sent me a copy of a letter dated 27th May 2016 which says a default has been registered on my account. Interestingly in that letter it says, and I quote, 'we previously sent you a Default Notice'... BUT they have not supplied a copy of that letter in the SAR response.

Also there is no reference in any of the SAR correspondence to Link Financial. So I am not 100% certain when the debt was assigned to them but I do have a copy of a letter I sent to Link on 18th Oct 2016 to set up the £1 per month payment arrangement. So I would presume that it would have been assigned to Link on or around 30th Sep 2016.

I hope this helps and sorry to be so rubbish at having ditched the correspondence. I have learnt my lesson

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X