GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My debt diary - february17 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My debt diary - february17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Di,

Yes this was in my post 2, MBNA about 19K debt.
    I emailed the information received from PRA to Niddy and he says 'Missing prescribed terms' so that is great news

PRA sent a me copy of what was a fold up leaflet that says ' Priority Application Form' and some terms and conditions.

The letters and phone calls from MBNA have been mild so far, asking for a payment arrangement etc, no legal threats as yet.

I will look for a suitable 'missing prescribed terms' letter to send PRA and see what happens, or should I wait a bit longer for that ?

I also sent a SAR request to MBNA in December 2017 and received a lot of information although there is a lot of blacked out/redacted stuff on it.

MBNA sent two separate packs of information about my SAR request a few weeks apart for some reason.
    There is lots of it and is now filed away safely.

Thanks for everyone's help and support.

Comment

Hi Feb17,

Can I make one little request, do not talk to any of the lovely company's over the telephone, If you are going for SB they could say you have admitted the debt,
      just tell them you require all communication in writing only, this way you have a paper trail of what they ask for and what reply you sent ( if any is needed)

good luck on your journey with us NW x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by February17 View Post
        Hello Di,

Yes this was in my post 2, MBNA about 19K debt.
        I emailed the information received from PRA to Niddy and he says 'Missing prescribed terms' so that is great news

PRA sent a me copy of what was a fold up leaflet that says ' Priority Application Form' and some terms and conditions.

The letters and phone calls from MBNA have been mild so far, asking for a payment arrangement etc, no legal threats as yet.

I will look for a suitable 'missing prescribed terms' letter to send PRA and see what happens, or should I wait a bit longer for that ?

I also sent a SAR request to MBNA in December 2017 and received a lot of information although there is a lot of blacked out/redacted stuff

If the credit agreement is unenforceable then think twice about sending a letter which tells them what’s wrong which may only encourage them to try to remedy the situation.

You say there have been no legal threats so I see no need to respond to their latest letter.

I’m intrigued to read that MBNA have redacted loads of stuff in your SAR response. Whenever I see a document redacted by a lender I always want to know why in case it’s something which would harm their case if it ever went to court

Di

Comment

Thanks Di and Nightwatch.

The PRA phone calls have started again so I will send a letter about no phone contact.
          PRA always phone during working hours when they know I will be working and I cant really talk anyway and dont have the information needed with me.

Some pages of the MBNA SAR request have about 30% of the information on the pages redacted / lines blacked out, mainly just after the account was opened in 1997 and 1998.
          So they are hiding some comments that are on their systems

I need advice on a Barclays, I emailed Niddy a scan of documents received from PRA,

Can the team ask Niddy if my email arrived as the attachment was large and I don't know if there is a maximum file size limit on the forums email address. Not had a reply or any bounce backs so dont know if it worked or not

(I sent emails to Niddy on the 14th March and 19th March if that helps looking through the inbox)

Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

I need advice on a Barclays, I emailed Niddy a scan of documents received from PRA,

If it's the debt below then I see it started life as an Egg credit card not a Barclaycard so that may give PRA a headache when it comes to producing a compliant credit agreement.

Did they send you an online Egg application form but Barclaycard Ts & Cs?

Even if the credit agreement is 'enforceable' that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be issues with the Default Notice and assignment etc.

Barclaycard 1 - was an Egg card
            Account opened in 1998
            balance approx £9000

I paid reduced payments between March 2017 and December 2017 to Barclays until Barclays sold the account to PRA in early December 2017 so I stopped paying.
            December 2017 - requested CCA from PRA
            February 2018 - received details from PRA that they had obtained from Barclaycard. No signed agreement, just terms and conditions and what looks like some copy statements.
            14th March 2018 - scanned and emailing to Niddy for his opinion.

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

Niddy has looked at the details PRA obtained from Barclays and confirms they are unenforceable as no signed agreement.

All they sent are a blank piece of paper with my name and address at the top, no signature or tick boxes and at the bottom it says 'Your right to Cancel: Once you have signed this agreement, etc, etc,' and then they enclosed two different sets of terms and conditions and printout of the account balance and some transactions.

This account is from the year 1999 so hopefully they would need something signed.

Comment

Is it possible for this thread to be moved by a moderator to the AAD+ protected area of the forum as google is indexing this in the open forum and I would prefer it more private ?
                Thanks.

Comment

go to AAD+ above and read that area
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Card 3
                    Barclaycard 2
                    account opened 2008
                    balance approx £7000

I paid reduced payments from March 2017 until December 2017 when Barclays sold to PRA, I then stopped paying.
                    December 2017 - sent CCA request to PRA
                    December 2017 - reply from PRA that they will request information from Barclays.
                    March 2018 - Not received any copy agreement or anything for this account yet from PRA.
                    PRA phone Monthly, I politely remind them I am still waiting for my CCA request and they put the account on hold again, they have been pleasant so far.
                    May 2018 - Still no agreement.

More will be added later as information arrives.

Still no credit agreement or phone calls/letters from PRA for this old Barclaycard debt?

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

No Credit agreement received yet on this one, it has been nearly 6 months so far so hopefully they wont find it

I do receive a phone call every month from PRA and when the person on the phone is reminded of the outstanding request and looks at the account history they put it on hold for another 30 days.....

Comment

Hello Di,

No Credit agreement received yet on this one, it has been nearly 6 months so far so hopefully they wont find it

I do receive a phone call every month from PRA

Did this debt begin life as a Barclaycard or was it an Egg or Morgan Stanley Dean Witter credit card at the outset subsequently bought by Barclays?

Do try to stay off the phone - everything needs to be in writing from now on. You need to lay a paper trail.

Entering into a phone conversation could be considered as acknowledging the debt which in turn could scupper/delay your chances of the debt becoming Statute Barred sooner rather than later.

Di

Comment

I received an email alert today which said you had posted on your thread but I can’t see any post.

The forum has been experiencing some technical blips in the last few days so is it possible for you to post again?

I also see you have sent me a PM but maybe email me if it’s urgent using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

I look forward to helping you

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

Yes my post disappeared and so have my edits to my posts in this thread. Sure someone will fix it soon.
                            I will email you, not really urgent but I do need some help with PRA.
                            Thanks

Comment

Sent you an email Di, hope it arrives as took me an hour to type it,
                              Thanks

Comment

Sent you an email Di, hope it arrives as took me an hour to type it,
                                Your email has arrived safely

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X