GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caesar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caesar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caesar View Post
    • Type of account (Avant credit - loan)
    • Date commenced (2016)
    • Approx balance £4.000
    • Date last paid (last full payment May 2016, but I have payed small amount on payment plan until 2017)
    • Not paying
    • Status (default)
    • Account owner (Asset Collections and Investigations Limited)
    Avant credit sold my account to Asset Link in summer of 2017. Asset collection sent me 3 letter and a few mails and told them I am disputing the account with Avant Credit. I complained them to FOS for irresponsible lending but was rejected. Before selling the account to Asset, Avant offered me to settle the account to 30% of the amount but unfortunately I did't have that money to pay.

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Asset Collections
    06.02.2018 Email from Asset Collections, Notice of Sum in Arrears and they added that £1 for CCA request as a payment to them and deducted from my balance. Why is that? Is it correct?
    08.02,2018 Received letter from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,,please find enclosed copy of your Consumers Credit Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Notice of Default as requested. Please call us within 24 hours of receiving this letter''

Niddy said it's enforceable. Because it's too new, from 2016.

Maybe all my debts are enforceable because all are new. And I still have most of them with original lender, 3 with HSBC.

Comment

start a thread for each one - less confusion will arise?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Type of account (Avant credit - loan)
        • Date commenced (2016)
        • Approx balance £4.000
        • Date last paid (last full payment May 2016, but I have payed small amount on payment plan until 2017)
        • Not paying
        • Status (default)
        • Account owner (Asset Collections and Investigations Limited)
        Avant credit sold my account to Asset Link in summer of 2017. Asset collection sent me 3 letter and a few mails and told them I am disputing the account with Avant Credit. I complained them to FOS for irresponsible lending but was rejected. Before selling the account to Asset, Avant offered me to settle the account to 30% of the amount but unfortunately I did't have that money to pay.

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Asset Collections
        06.02.2018 Email from Asset Collections, Notice of Sum in Arrears and they added that £1 for CCA request as a payment to them and deducted from my balance. Why is that? Is it correct?
        08.02,2018 Received letter from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,,please find enclosed copy of your Consumers Credit Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Notice of Default as requested. Please call us within 24 hours of receiving this letter''

Niddy has confirmed the CCA is EN.

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        start a thread for each one - less confusion will arise?
        ---
        Asset Collections and Investigations Limited - these are registered with FCA.

To properly assess your situation send a SAR request to Avant Credit - Loan (there is template for this AAD ) this costs £10. The SAR will give you the full picture here.

In the meantime have no further contact with Asset Collections and Investigations Limited (no phone calls, not ping pong letters, no emails)

Any letters they send post up on here for the MODS to look at and advise on.
        Last edited by Roger; 10 February 2018, 00:04. Reason: typing

Comment

[QUOTE[/B]

To properly assess your situation send a SAR request to Avant Credit - Loan (there is template for this AAD ) this costs £10. The SAR will give you the full picture here.
          [/QUOTE]

Thanks for help Roger

Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request is this the correct SAR request?

Where should I pay that £10 for Data Protection Act? Post Office? It's first time I am doing this and have no idea.

The letter should be the same recorded with signature when they receive?

Comment

Thanks for help Roger
            Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request is this the correct SAR request?
            Where should I pay that £10 for Data Protection Act? Post Office? It's first time I am doing this and have no idea.

The letter should be the same recorded with signature when they receive?
            That's fine for the SAR Letter!
            Print two copies (one for your records the other to be sent!)

I personally send by Recorded Delivery and enclosing a £10 Postal Order.
            The Post Office will give you a receipt for the Postal Order that has its number printed!!

Send the SAR and £10 to Avant Credit - Loan.

Its important to file copies of letters you send (with Post Office receipts; evidence of signed for receipts when received; Postal Order Number etc..)
            When you receive a letter note the date of receipt on the envelope! Store the letter and the envelope.

Filing is an important part of your taking control off your debts!
            Enter short details in your Diary (this will help you to get good advice).

The Tech Clerk " 9th February 2018, 14:34 start a thread for each one - less confusion will arise?" Pearls of wisdom!!!

Comment

• Type of account (HSBC-loan)
              • Date commenced (2014)
              • Approx balance £10.000
              • Date last paid (2016)
              • Not paying
              • Status (defaulted)
              • Account owner (Fredrickson DCA)
              Defaulted at the end of 2016, Moorcroft first and then Wescot but didn't talk to any of them. Now Fredrickson is dealing in HSBC behalf. In one of their letters, Wescot offered me to pay 60% of the debt as F&F settlement but I didn't reply to them.
              Recently I called HSBC regarding my overdraft and they were so rude on the phone and urged me to contact DCA that acting in their behalf and if I not start payment they will go to court. The person said: ,,We really don't want to go court but we have to so please contact and start payments.''. What does it mean?

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Fredrickson.
              Yesterday I received reply from Fredrickson: ,, We write in response to your recent communication regarding your HSBC account and note the content. In regard of your CCA request, we confirm that we are the date processors and not the data controllers of the account and, as such, your request for information has been referred to our client to provide the relevant documentation. With that said, our client does not require a fee to provide any documentation and therefore we are returning your postal order in the sum of £1. We trust this clarifies the position and confirm we will revert to you in due course''

What does it mean? How they can collect money, but can't prove the debit?

The Tech Clerk ,,start a thread for each one - less confusion will arise?''
              Should I open 9-10 threads in total? I thought this is the model of the diary. But I can change it if you think is better.
              Last edited by Caesar; 11 February 2018, 09:49.

Comment

As they say, they are just the collectors, not the owners. This often happens with credit companies paying others to do their work, plus it can seem more intimidating to people to get letters from different companies!

They may may not want the £1 but you have fulfilled your legal requirement by sending it. Whilst they are in default they cannot take legal action. Just sit back and hope that they fail to supply the agreement!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yesterday I received reply from Fredrickson: ,, We write in response to your recent communication regarding your HSBC account and note the content. In regard of your CCA request, we confirm that we are the date processors and not the data controllers of the account and, as such, your request for information has been referred to our client to provide the relevant documentation. With that said, our client does not require a fee to provide any documentation and therefore we are returning your postal order in the sum of £1. We trust this clarifies the position and confirm we will revert to you in due course''

What does it mean? How they can collect money, but can't prove the debit?

Should I open 9-10 threads in total? I thought this is the model of the diary. But I can change it if you think is better

1= . say Capital one or whoever the account is

1 = say MBNA note different accounts different stages up to you but ease of access and no confusion when a response is made but enters under different subject

etc etc etc as you state 9 accounts then make it easy for us and you to ensure correctness in replying to actual alledged debt, easy if only 1 or 2 + but 9 ?can be a problem at some stage.

The format you are using is OK
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 February 2018, 19:40.

Comment

Last edited by nomoredebt; 11 February 2018, 16:12.

Comment

I think it would be helpful if one of the Mods could move Nomoredebt and any associated posts off Caesar's thread, and to one of his/her own.

Comment

I have deleted them myself. I am new here and did not understand the correct procedure. Sorry.

Comment

Should I open 9-10 threads in total? I thought this is the model of the diary. But I can change it if you think is better.

No you don’t need to start a new thread for each one - a separate post for each debt on this thread is fine.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by nomoredebt View Post
                            I have deleted them myself. I am new here and did not understand the correct procedure. Sorry.

No need to delete your posts - one of the Mods could have helped you to start a new Diary thread of your own and then moved the posts across for you.

And definitely no need to apologise!

I look forward to helping you when things are up and running.

Are any of them threatening you and/or your partner with legal action?

Di

Comment

The Tech Clerk I've edited all my posts. Let me know if it is better now.

cymruambyth What to do now? I have 2 more debts with HSBC apart from that personal loan. One credit card, dealing with DCA and overdraft where I should deal with HSBC. They urged me to contact dca that acting in their behalf.

Comment

Wait until the DCA contacts you, then post for guidance.

Comment

Working...
                                X