GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Diary of a newbie! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diary of a newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologise for the double post!
    Last edited by Roger; 13 February 2018, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Annieebaby View Post
      I’ve been thinking about our plan of action going forward seeing as 2 debts are over drafts, 2 are enforceable credit cards and 1 is still unknown (NEXT).
      Could I not bother with the token payments, (I haven’t started them yet or paid anyone any money this year) and just try to aim for statue bar. If a DCA got heavy or sent court papers I could always try and arrange a ‘payment plan’ or full and final then can’t I?
      Maintain your own Income and Expenditure model. ( Only a court can force you to disclose Income & Expenditure by the way! )
      This way you always have the figures at your finger tips. You should also save a contingency pot, instead of paying Creditors! This could be used F&F when or even if this became an option.
      In other words controlling your life and debts
      1/ Payment plans
      2/ Contigency pot for F&F
      3/ The UE status BUT there are other reasons for why Debts are UE other than just CCA! We use Our filing and SAR's to assist in these decisions.

The new Letter Before Claim is supposed to have the Claimnant reveal their evidence!
      But it seems the tactic is to pressure/trick the Defendant into showing your hand!

At this stage!
      Silence and eat up months/years should be your plan even if the CCA is EN
      Everything in writing! That's by snail mail! Only replying when you really must!
      Post whatever you receive up here for the MODS to look at!

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice Roger. Sometimes I cave and think I should be paying token payments but I’ll stay strong.

A spanner in the woeks though, seems my husband isn’t too good with budgeting and has a 3 k loan that I didn’t know about (well I did but I thought he paid it off when his dad extended his car loan!) anyway since finding out I’ve only just taken control of that. He was paying £100 a month made up of £99 interest, what a joke! This has been ongoing for at least a few years. Also, 2 pay day loans. He said he’s had 15 with quickquid and a few with Wonga and 1 with sunny.

With quick quid I am going to complain regarding irresponsible lending and hope they refund and that will wipe the current one outstanding which £1500 total made up of £900 loan and £600 interest. With Sunny, he’s not made any contact or payment since it was taken out 2 years ago- what should our approach be? Can you CCA a pay day loan? Would this be accepting liability? Should we just leave alone? It’s with a debt collector now.

Comment

Hi guys I’m just looking for advice... so tax credits have come back to me saying that we owe them (over 3 different periods) a total of around £7,000.

Add this to my current debt and it takes it to around 22k. I was thinking about a DRO but then I’m now over the limit, so thought maybe bankruptcy.

However, 1 of my accounts, Next- I am pretty sure is unenforceable. However that leaves still 20 k of debt. What does it mean on my credit report when accounts are ‘closed’. I haven’t heard from Barclaycard or MBNA for ages, stopped paying them in January. These are both defaulted and ‘closed’ does that mean they are waiting to be picked up by a debt collector?

Argos has been in contact via ‘Zinc’ and I have asked what they’ll settle for, they said £280 on a £470 debt and I counter offered £190 and haven’t heard back for a few months. Again the account says ‘closed’. Should I just suck it up and wait or go for bankruptcy and get it all out the way now and then start to rebuild my life. I really don’t know what to do for the best.

Thanks in advance if you read all of that and have any words of wisdom

Comment

usually means account closed ( sold on to debt purchaser)???
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bankruptcy? do you have assets etc?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X