GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tech .................Lets see what they have in store for us then! I will update with future activity. Still no CCA received so I will definitely be sitting tight and simply filing letter away at this stage

Comment

Morning all..................I am sending an SAR to Step Change and have contacted them via their live chat to ascertain who we make the postal order payable to. The customer service rep didn't know and didn't want to give me the wrong information!! She asked if I would telephone them to discuss this further. I explained I didn't really want to talk to anyone, all I simply require is for her to confirm as to whether the postal order is made out to "Step Change" or "Step Change Debt Charity" She couldn't give me this information!! Have any of you requested an SAR from them and who did you make the PO payable to please?

Comment

I would make it out to StepChange Debt Charity - that's their trading name. (I am assuming you are not in Scotland?).

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          I would make it out to StepChange Debt Charity - that's their trading name. (I am assuming you are not in Scotland?).
          You assume right No we are not is Scotland. Brilliant - thank you SW, much appreciated. I'm going to get this off today. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
            I am sending an SAR to Step Change
            The Data Controller details are on the ICO website where it lists all their trading names here >

https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z743192X

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

The Data Controller details are on the ICO website where it lists all their trading names here >

https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z743192X

Di
              Thank you very much Di

Comment

Thank you very much Di

You're welcome

Di

Comment

Following on from my previous post with regards to sending a SAR to Stepchange -

Stepchange have responded to our request by thanking us for our payment, however they do not accept payment for SAR requests and they have returned our £10.00 postal orders. They go on to inform us this has no impact on the SAR being processed and they will be in contact with us in due course. They have advised that if we have proof of purchase of PO (which we do have) then we should be able to obtain a refund, if we encounter any issues with this we are to let Stepchange know.

This information may help others who are thinking of requesting a SAR from Stepchange.

Comment

RBS Cards (Mint)
                    • Credit Card
                    • Date Commenced – April 2008
                    • Approx Balance £ 7,500
                    • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
                    • Status - Default August 2012
                    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
                    • Account Owner – CABOT
                    7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

11th August 2017 – Letter from Cabot requesting we contact RBS direct and re-send the postal a Postal Order to RBS.

August 2017 - Letter from Cabot informing us they are the new legal owner of the account and the account will be looked after by Westcot. Stapled to this letter was a copy letter from Mint informing us that in July 2017 are our account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.It goes on to say that Westcot will manage our account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

1st September – Letter to RBS requesting CCA – Postal Order enclosed and recorded delivery.

22nd September 2017 – Letter off RBST&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us it is Enforceable.

One of the pages of this set of paperwork also included my own credit limit/account number and my details on it. It’s a good thing that my OH knows about this debt otherwise I could have had some explaining to do!!!

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint – these weren’t emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.

November 2017 - Letter from Westcot requesting we contact them to arrange payment.

April 2018 - "Welcome back to Cabot letter received". Our account was managed by Wescot and Cabot now wish to work with us directly. On the right hand side of the letter it states Current Creditor is "Cabot Financial UK Limited." The UK is not within brackets (UK) as it was on the initial copy letter from Mint in July 2017. Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - "Statement of Account " received from Cabot Financial. - Noted and Filed.

Good afternoon - I've just updated our diary with the latest correspondence from Cabot. On the right hand side of the letter it states current creditor as "Cabot Financial UK Limited" the UK element of this text does not have brackets around it as in previous letters. Has anyone else received letters like this? It is so confusing as the statement of account states Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the owner. I know they are part of the same company but I don't understand why they don't use Cabot (Europe) as the current creditor on all their correspondence and not refer to Cabot Financial UK Limited at all. my mind boggles with it all!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blodwen View Post

Good afternoon - I've just updated our diary with the latest correspondence from Cabot. On the right hand side of the letter it states current creditor as "Cabot Financial UK Limited" the UK element of this text does not have brackets around it as in previous letters. Has anyone else received letters like this? It is so confusing as the statement of account states Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the owner. I know they are part of the same company but I don't understand why they don't use Cabot (Europe) as the current creditor on all their correspondence and not refer to Cabot Financial UK Limited at all. my mind boggles with it all!!
                      Hi

My assignment letter nearly 2 years ago from Mint said the account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, but all subsequent letters from Cabot have shown current creditor as Cabot Financial UK Limited. I don't think you need concern yourself with the absence of brackets.

You refer to previous letters, but do you really mean that just the Mint letter shows brackets?

Comment

• Just for your peace of mind and records. I suggest you print off and store a copy of this (as SW says do not be concerned about the brackets around (UK)).
                        http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=472690
                        There are many reasons for UE not just the CCA!
                        This is where good filing and SAR's etc.. are important.
                        You are doing well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

My assignment letter nearly 2 years ago from Mint said the account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, but all subsequent letters from Cabot have shown current creditor as Cabot Financial UK Limited. I don't think you need concern yourself with the absence of brackets.

You refer to previous letters, but do you really mean that just the Mint letter shows brackets?
                          Thank you for your reply SW........Yes just the Mint one......sadly my paperwork for this particular account is thin on the ground. When we were in our DMP we didn't keep on top of our paperwork as we should have, burying our head in the sand I think the term is!!!! We have requested a SAR from Stepchange so I'm hoping this will include n abundance of paperwork from DCA's that we can fill in the blanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            Just for your peace of mind and records. I suggest you print off and store a copy of this (as SW says do not be concerned about the brackets around (UK)).
                            http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=472690
                            There are many reasons for UE not just the CCA!
                            This is where good filing and SAR's etc.. are important.
                            You are doing well!
                            Hi Roger....thank you for the link and response, much appreciated. I have printed a copy for my files. Thank you so much Roger and SW, you have helped put my mind at ease. It is so good to hop on here and actually put pen to paper so to speak as otherwise, because with me it has a habit of all swimming around in my head. AAD is such a stress relief and we are grateful for the support we receive. Thank you SW for re-affirming to us we are doing well

Comment

• Good Morning.......We have received our SAR from the DMP Company. I don't know what I was expecting but it was made up of a breakdown of our budgets, payment files and history and only 2 statements which they hold on their system, plus a memory stick containing records of our calls. There are no records of correspondence that may have been made to and from creditors. The bulk of the paperwork was every payment we made whilst on the DMP.

On the subject of SARs would you advise sending an SAR to LLoyds at this stage? Hubby is adamant this was taken out yonks ago when it was formally TSB, plus there is also PPI on this account too which we haven't done anything about for fear of acknowledging the debt. Do you have any advice re this please? CSL who are acting on behalf of Lloyds are contacting us frequently with letters and phone calls requesting payment. I will update my diary today with relation to these letters and calls. Thank you.

Comment

• SAR Lloyds no charge now and they will have 30 days to comply- that should divulge what you are looking for?
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X