GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blodwen's UE Journey

Blodwen’s UE Journey

Hello from Blodwen – I have been lurking on here for the last three months and only now plucked up the courage to actually type this. I have lost count of the amount of times I have typed a passage of text and then deleted it again to afraid to actually post anything!!!

Where do I start………I appreciate you all won’t want to read war and peace as your very busy people but I suppose I simply wanted to give you a wee bit of background about how we actually arrived at this stage. I envisage that it’s still the weight of the burden still weighing heavily on me and the guilt that I carry around day in day out for being in this situation to begin with that making me want to jot all this down!!

With a succession of bad luck our business started to fail and we desperately tried to keep it afloat month by month, investing more and more money into it to try and turn it around – it was all to no avail. After consolidating our debts and chasing our tails every month swapping the credit onto interest free cards etc we eventually ran out of steam and finances. We didn’t have any fancy cars on the drive, exotic holidays etc our debt simply was trying to keep the wolves from the door. We buried our heads in the sand for ages, neither my other half or I wanting to talk about it. The sleepless nights started, the stress and the minute by minute worry of losing our family home, every emotion you can think of we had it. I had visions of the debt collectors coming knocking on our door! and us being turfed out onto the streets!!

We then decided we had to seek help, that we couldn’t go on like this. This help was sought in the form of a DMP which was started 6 years ago. The relief we felt when we were told we weren’t about to become homeless was immense.

What we didn’t know at that time though was to save an emergency fund and we jumped straight in feet first as we were so grateful we had a lifeline at last.

Our total amount of debt was a colossal £100K. Even writing this thread makes me feel physically sick to the pit of my stomach. It churns around inside me as I am well aware everyone who is in debt knows what this feeling is like. Sadness, guilt, worry, fearing of judgement from others the list goes on!!

On our debt journey we never missed a payment – not once. We always met our deadlines and paid our mortgage. This continued whilst on the DMP until I came across this site in August of this year.

I have read and re read threads upon threads digesting it all. At first it was with utter disbelief reading that people – ordinary people like us are taking back their financial independence and tackling their debts head on with the actual lenders themselves. I would never had the nerve or the know how to do this myself – that was until I kept on reading all your stories, every day following your journeys and gleaning from you all I can.

Our UE journey started this August after finally plucking the courage up to ring Stepchange and ask them if we could put our account on hold whilst we requested our CCA’s from our creditors. I nearly fell at the first hurdle as I was grilled by the other person on the other end of the phone. Something just clicked inside me that day and I became more determined than ever to go down this route. I am not saying for one minute that I don’t feel guilty, I do but I am hoping this will subside in time.

When I joined this forum, I initially emailed Niddy with a couple of queries with regard to some responses we have had. I didn’t have the nerve to come on here and ask any questions. He has been an amazing help to us so far and has deemed two of our debt UE and two EN. In the last couple of weeks I have realised that I can’t do this alone and need people like you to hold my hand on this journey so to speak.

You have already given me the confidence to come this far – hence this post and this diary!!

When I started this diary I totted up exactly how much we have already paid off our debts in the last six years and it is approx. £21k I so wish I had known about you all earlier and started this journey sooner as we would have been well on our way to being SB by now.

Anyway…..it is what it is and we are here now, in the right place with the right help. I know I have waffled on oodles and you are all probably reaching for a glass of the hard stuff just to cope with reading all this lol……but I want to finish this thread with a HUGE THANK YOU already to you all for your help so far.

Done…….finally got to the end of the thread without deleting it!!! Thanks for listening to my ramblings on!!

RBS Cards (Mint - 1)
    • Credit Card
    • Date Commenced – April 2008
    • Approx Balance £ 7,500
    • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
    • Status - Default August 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
    • Account Owner – CABOT
    7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Cabot recorded delivery with Postal Order.

11th August 2017 – Letter from Cabot requesting we contact RBS direct and re-send the postal a Postal Order to RBS.

August 2017 - Letter from Cabot informing us they are the new legal owner of the account and the account will be looked after by Westcot. Stapled to this letter was a copy letter from Mint informing us that in July 2017 are our account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.It goes on to say that Westcot will manage our account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

1st September – Letter to RBS requesting CCA – Postal Order enclosed and recorded delivery.

22nd September 2017 – Letter off RBST&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us it is Enforceable.

One of the pages of this set of paperwork also included my own credit limit/account number and my details on it. It’s a good thing that my OH knows about this debt otherwise I could have had some explaining to do!!!

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint – these weren’t emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.

November 2017 - Letter from Westcot requesting we contact them to arrange payment.

April 2018 - "Welcome back to Cabot letter received". Our account was managed by Wescot and Cabot now wish to work with us directly. On the right hand side of the letter it states Current Creditor is "Cabot Financial UK Limited." The UK is not within brackets (UK) as it was on the initial copy letter from Mint in July 2017. Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - "Statement of Account " received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - "Welcome Back to Cabot" Received from Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed

May 2018 - "Your Balance is waiting to be paid" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "You Need to Make a new Plan" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a budget plan - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a budget plan, an I & E was enlcosed for completion - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter requesting we contact them to arrange payment - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 -Letter requesting we contact them to arrange payment - Noted and Filed.

April 2019 Letter from Cabot Financial (New Formatted Letter) "Setting up a payment plan" - Noted and Filed.

May 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Interested in Clearing your account" - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Start taking positive steps" - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Work out your Budget" - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Tell us your budget" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "You need to make a new payment plan" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Built a budget plan" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Budget" - Noted and Filed.

Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 11:59.

Comment

Halifax
      • Credit Card
      • Date Commenced - February 2009
      • Approx Balance - £3,000
      • Status - Default April 2012
      • Account Owner – CABOT

21st August 2017 – Reply from Cabot informing us they require the relevant details from original lender.

1st August 2017 – Account statements arrive for periods October 2016 – March 2017 - States Account Owner is Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

30th September 2017 – Account statements arrive for periods April 2019 – September 2017 - States Account Owner is Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited.

26th October 2017 – No Further contact from Cabot with regards to our CCA information.

October 2017 - Welcome to Cabot letter received. - our account has been transferred from Apex and now is managed by Cabot......Really odd to receive this as they have been corresponding with us prior to receiving this letter - still no response to our CCA request.

January 2018 - Letter received from Cabot requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - States current lender is Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

February 2018 - Letter received from Cabot - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - however when they sent the statement of account they made reference to the owner being Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited - Noted and filed.

March 2018 - (As above) -Letter received from Cabot - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and filed.

April 2018 - (As above) - 2 x Letter received from Cabot - "We have not heard from You" please contact us to arrange payment. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and filed.

April 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial informing us they have been unable to obtain relevant information from the original lender and therefore unable to comply with our CCA request at this moment in time - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited -
      Noted and filed.

May 2018 - "Your Balance is waiting to be paid" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter received from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new payment plan - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Working within your budget" Letter received form Cabot Financial Limited inclusive of and I & E to complete - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to inform us of our current budget, inclusive of and I & E to complete.On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

September 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment.On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment.On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment.On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment.On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

January 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment.On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and Filed.

May 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial (New Letter Format) "We have a range of options for you" - Noted and Filed.

June 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Discover your options" - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Set up your ideal payment plan" - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "What's Happening Next" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "What we need to do next" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Offering Discount" - Noted and Filed.

Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 11:48.

Comment

Barclays
        • Credit Card - Was originally Egg CC
        • Date Commenced - August 2008
        • Approx Balance - £Over 10K
        • Status - Default July 2012
        • Account Owner – PRA
        7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

11th August 2017 – Quick turnaround from PRA returning our postal order and requesting further information from original lender.

13th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance.
        They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc..

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Statement of Account received from PRA. - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter from PRA with reference to our CCA request.They inform they are awaiting further documents in order to complete our request and are currently unable to enforce action to recover the outstanding balance of alleged debt. The information they have provided us with is very sparce, simply date of application, method of application and a few personal details. This CC started it's life as an EGG CC. - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Another letter received from PRA for the above quoted account - this time it is a copy of a credit card agreement. They go on to inform us that they are awaiting further documents in order to complete our CCA request. Noted and Filed.

September 2018 - Account Summary Received from PRA - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from PRA requesting we settle our account. - Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Letter from PRA informing us they have purchased the alleged debt from Barclaycard. They have requested we contact them to arrange payment. How very strange as our records show that PRA have owned this account for a considerable amount of time. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - LBC Letter received from PRA with 28 days to respond. We will be responding as per our previous LBC letters received recently on other alleged debts. Noted and Filed at this stage.

April 2019 - Letter from PRA "Account remains on hold" - Noted and Filed.
        Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 11:56.

Comment

MBNA
          • Credit Card
          • Date Commenced - November 2007
          • Approx Balance - £10,000
          • Status - Default July 2012
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date last paid via DMP August 2017
          • Account Owner – PRA

11th August 2017 – Quick turnaround from PRA returning our postal order and requesting further information from original lender.

13th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance.
          They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc..

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

September 2018 - Letter from PRA responding to our CCA request - documents enclosed were merely a few CC statements.Noted and Filed at this stage.

October 2018 - "Settle your Account" letter received from PRA - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from PRA informing us they have purchased the alleged outstanding debt from MBNA and is now being managed by their investigation and litigation department - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - LBC and I&E Forms received from PRA - We have 4 weeks to respond or they may issue court proceedings - Paperwork completed and will be returned by Royal Mail Signed for Service before the due date. Noted and Filed.

January 2019 - LBC forms completed and returned to PRA Group. Copies filed.

January 2019 - Letter from PRA "Account on Hold" pending investigation with regards to our dispute. - Noted and Filed.

January 2019 - Letter from PRA - informing us they are satisfied they have issued all details previously requested. They request we contact them or they may issue court proceedings. - Action - To seek Further advice.

April 2019 - PRA issued court proceedings against us - We instructed Joanna Connolly to act on our behalf with the assistance of the wonderful Di and team.

May 2019 - PRA have withdrawn their claim against us and discontinued. this is thanks to the whole team at Connolly's.
          Last edited by Blodwen; 14 May 2019, 16:30.

Comment

HSBC Bank
            • Credit Card
            • Date Commenced - July 1988
            • Approx Balance - £5,000
            • Status - Default January 2012
            • Account Owner – HSBC
            7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Moorcroft recorded delivery with Postal Order.

26th October 2017 - No Further contact and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting we contact them to arrange payment. If no satisfactory agreement is made then they will continue to contact us by telephone and letter - Noted and Filed.

February 2018 - Letter from Moorcroft informing us as no payment plan is currently in place they will continue to contact us by telephone and letter or alternatively they may return our account back to their client HSBC who may sell the account to a debt purchase organisation or place with another debt collection agency. - We have yet to receive a response from them with regards to our CCA request therefore we will note and file this letter and not correspond with them at this stage.

March 2018 - Letter from HSBC stating our account has been referred to Credit Security Limited who will be contacting us in the next 14 days. - Noted and Filed.

March 2018 - Notice of Intstruction letter from CSL - advising us they are a specialist DCA who have been instructed by HSBC to collect the outstanding debt owed. - Noted and Filed.

March 2018 - Notice of Continued Action Letter from CSL - Informing us they are disappointed that we have not contacted them with regards to previous correspondence. They inform us that further letters and phone calls will continue. - Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - "Limited Time Offer" Letter received from CSL - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Final Notice" letter received from CSL. If they do not hear off us in the next 10 days our account will be returned to the original creditor. This is our last chance to benefit from their services. Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter from Westcot "Instructed by HSBC Bank to act on their behalf" - Noted and Filed.

September 2018 - "Reduced Settlement Offer" received from Wescot - Noted and Filed, rather perplexed as we have not received notification that Wescot are now handling this on behalf of HSBC.

September 2018 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting we contact them to arrange payment.- Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Explore your options for repaying" - First letter received from Cabot we were not notified that Cabot Financial have taken over the account. - Noted and Filed.

July 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "We have passed your account to Global Debt Recovery Limited" - Noted and Filed.

July 2019 - 1st Letter from Global Debt Recovery Ltd "If no response received within 14 days - account will be escalate to our collections department" - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from Global Debt Recovery Ltd "Due to no response - Account has been escalated to our Collections Department" - Noted and Filed.

Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 12:17.

Comment

Lloyds Bank (Was Lloyds TSB)
              • Credit Card
              • Date Commenced - January 2002 (However we feel this date is incorrect as I am pretty sure this was initially taken out in 1987/88 when it was TSB)
              • Approx Balance - £12,000
              • Status - Default March 2012
              • Account Owner – Moorcroft
              7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Moorcroft recorded delivery with Postal Order.

23rd August 2017 – Letter from Lloyds with a photocopy of our original CCA request to Moorcroft attached – Lloyds requested we provide them with a 16 digit account number as further validity of our account as they unable to find our details.

31st August 2017 – We replied to this request informing them of the required information. Was this a daft thing to do??

23rd October 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft stating – despite numerous attempts to contact you, payment has still not been received as per the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is in arrears. Requested we contact one of their representatives to arrange payment, if payment is not made with us you may leave us with no alternative but to recommence collection activity, such as further letters and calls.

No Payment has been made since August when we put our DMP on hold. We have yet to receive any information with regards to our CCA request since we provided Lloyds with our account details on 23rd August 2017.

November 2017 - Statement of Account received from Lloyds - Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting we contact them to arrange payment, failing to do so will result in further action being taken against us without further notice.- Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - A second letter from Moorcroft arrived - Headed .......Possible Further Action and requesting we make payment within the next 7 days. - Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - Monthly Instalment Offer letter received. - Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - Following the two previous letters we have now received one from Lloyds informing us they have transferred our account to Westcot who have been instructed to collect the outstanding balance. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Letter from Wescot Informing us of Lloyds Instruction to them to make contact with us with regards to the outstanding balance. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Important Reminder received from Westcot to telephone them to speak to one of their specialist agents. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Another letter from Wescot this month informing us they have conducted further checks on us to ensure they have or correct address and they have requested we contact them immediately to take control of this issue. Filed away at this stage as no CCA request received.

January 2018 - Letter informing us Lloyds Bank wish to offer us a significant discount - call them to discuss further. Filed away.

February 2018 - "An Opportunity to take control of this outstanding balance in a way to suit you" letter received from Westcot. - Filed away.

February 2018 - Letter from 2F requesting we confirm our residency and requesting we contact them directly to resolve the issue - We will not respond to this and File away.

March 2018 - Important Message Slip received by post from 2F requesting we call them. This slip resembles a wage slip which included a contact name and telephone number for us to call. Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - Letter from Lloyds Bank informing us they are appointing CSL to arrange collections - Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - Letter from CSL informing us they have been instructed to act on behalf of Lloyds Bank - Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Notice of Further Action" letter received. We have still yet to receive a response to our CCA request back in August 2017. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from CSL offering us a "Limited Time Offer" Payment will be accepted as partial settlement and we will not be pursued for the balance. They go on to say that any default registered on our credit file will be updated to "partially satisfied" and the account balance will be shown as zero. They don't actually give a figure of what the offer will be as it will be subject to an affordability check. Noted and filed at this stage.

July 2018 - "Final Notice" letter received from CSL - If they do not hear back of us within 10 days of receiving this letter they will return our account to the original creditor who will take further action. Noted and Filed.

September 2018 - Letter received from Lloyd Bank "Up to date statement" - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter from Lloyds Bank informing us they have instructed Robinson Way Limited and request we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - First letter from Robinson Way offering a settlement and requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - Letter from Lloyds Bank "Helping you keep on track up-to-date statement" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Intrum - 1st Correspondence from them. Informing us Intrum UK Finance Limited has become the new owners of the alleged debt. No correspondence from Lloyds informing us of the change. - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Intrum - "Get in touch in the next 10 days" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Intrum - "We may take legal action if you don't get in touch" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 -Letter from Intrum - "Tell us what you can Afford" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Intrum - "We're thinking of making you Bankrupt" - Noted and Filed.
              Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 12:06.

Comment

RBS Cards (Mint - 2)
                • Credit Card
                • Date Commenced – April 2008
                • Approx Balance - £7,000
                • Status – Default July 2012
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
                • Account Owner – Cabot Financial

August 2017 - Letter from Cabot informing us they are the new legal owner of the account and the account will be looked after by Westcot. Stapled to this letter was a copy letter from Mint informing us that in July 2017 are our account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.It goes on to say that Westcot will manage our account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

22nd September 2017 - Letter off RBS with copy of T&C’s – Emailed to Niddy who has informed us they are enforceable.

Since emailing this to Niddy we have since found our original welcome letter from Mint. These weren't emailed to Niddy at the time as we have only just located them.

[

April 2018 - "Welcome back to Cabot letter received". Our account was managed by Wescot and Cabot now wish to work with us directly. On the right hand side of the letter it states Current Creditor is "Cabot Financial UK Limited." The UK is not within brackets (UK) as it was on the initial copy letter from Mint in July 2017. Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Your Balance is waiting to be paid" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Statement of Account" received stating it is from Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the owner of the account.The transactions and dates showing are rather confusing and show that there are a couple of payments having been made to Westcot during 2017. I will have to double check this with the SAR which we have received from our DMP provider at the time and come back to update the dairy with my findings. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new payment plan.These letters get confusing as the last correspondence stated Cabot Financial Europe but this one clearly states Cabot Financial UK Limited on the right hand side of the letter. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new budge plan, letter is inclusive of an I & S expenditure sheet for completion. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to discuss our current budget, inclusive of and I and E! - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - "We have not Heard from You" letter received from Cabot Financial Ltd - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange payment - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Limited informing us they are instructing an external company to pay us a doorstep visit in order to put us back in touch with them. We have 7 days to respond to their letter!!

December 2018 - Doorstep visit letter forwarded to Cabot Financial UK, using AAD Template, sent recorded delivery. Royal Mail website checked for safe arrival and signed for signature printed off and filed away safely.

December 2018 - Letter received from Resolvecall informing us if we do not contact them within 7 days they will follow up with a doorstep visit.Noted and Filed as we have already sent the doorstep visit AAD template letter to Cabot.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial noting our comments with regards to our "Doorstep Visit" Letter to them. They have requested we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Received a "Doorstep Visit" from Resolvecall even after Cabot Financial acknowledged our letter to them!! - Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial informing us our account is no longer on hold and requested we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Setting up a Repayment Plan" - Noted and Filed.

May 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Interested in Clearing Your Account" - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Set up your Ideal Payment Plan" - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - Letting from Cabot Financial "Setting up a Payment Plan" - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Explore your Repayment options with Cabot" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "You need to make a new payment plan" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Build a plan around your budget" - Noted and Filed.
                Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 10:18.

Comment

Tesco Bank
                  • Credit Card
                  • Date Commenced – October 2006
                  • Approx Balance - £1,700
                  • Status – Default November 2014
                  • Account Owner – Tesco Bank
                  7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Tesco recorded delivery with Postal Order.

26th October 2017 – No Acknowledgement to our CCA request – no contact from Tesco whatsoever as yet. Payments have ceased for now.

January 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are now passing the debt onto debt collection agency - Allied International (UK) Ltd and they will attempt to contact us.

June 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are transferring our account to Wescot and they will contact us to arrange a payment plan.
                  Noted and filed at this stage.

June 2018 - Letter from Wescot informing us they are working on behalf of Tesco and they have requested we contact them to discuss the outstanding balance on the account. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from wescot requesting we contact them to arrange payment or they will continue to contact us via letter/phone calls. - Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - "Reduced Settlement Offer" letter received from Wescot - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter from Wescot requesting we contact them to arrange payment, informing us once this is done they will no longer write to us, telephone or text message us!! - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter from Tesco Bank informing us that Fredrickson International Limited are now acting on their behalf. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - First letter from Fredrickson requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Fredrickson outline payment options open to us - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - "Discount Offer" Letter received from Fredrickson. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - An abundance of telephone calls have been received from Fredrickson on both land line and mobile phone. None responded to.

August 2019 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are transferring our account to Lowell Portfolio l Limited. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - First correspondence from Lowell Portfolio l Limited. Requesting we contact them today to discuss account. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - 2nd correspondence this month from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - Informing us our account is overdue and offering payment options. - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - Letter from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - Informing us they are assessing our account for legal action. - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - 2nd correspondence this month from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - this one informing us they "May" take legal action to recover debt if we do not contact them - Letter headed "Pre Legal Assessment" - Noted and Filed.

November 2019 - A second "Pre Legal Assessment" letter receive from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - informing us they "May" take legal action. - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - "Annual Statement of Account" letter receive from Lowell Financial Ltd - (this is the first annual statement we have received since this diary thread has been compiled) - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter received from Lowell Financial Ltd - informing us the account has been sent to their solicitors "Lowell Solicitors Limited" who will contact us with regards to payment. Also enclosed within the same envelope was a "Notice of Acting" letter from Lowell Solicitors! If we fail to contact them to arrange payment then they "Will" initiate legal proceedings against us. - Note, filed and Advice Taken.

February 2020 - LBC Letter received from Lowell Solicitors - Noted, Filed and Legal Advice Sought.

February 2020 - SAR received from Tesco - Noted and Filed.

THANKS TO Joanna Connolly Solicitors again for helping us with this!! Another victory. Thankfully this didn't go to court.
                  Last edited by Blodwen; 27 September 2021, 14:30.

Comment

Halifax
                    • Credit Card
                    • Date Commenced – January 2009
                    • Approx Balance - £2,000
                    • Account Owner – Cabot and was previously Apex.

1st August 2017 – Account statements arrive for periods October 2016 – March 2017 - States Account Owner is Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

17th August 2017 – Letter received from Cabot informing us they have requested the relevant details from the original lender.

30th September 2017 – Account statements arrive for periods April 2019 – September 2017 - States Account Owner is Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited.

26th October 2017 – No Further contact from Cabot with regards to our CCA information.

October 2017 - Welcome to Cabot letter received. - our account has been transferred from Apex and now is managed by Cabot......Really odd to receive this as they have been corresponding with us prior to receiving this letter - still no response to our CCA request.

January 2018 - Letter received from Cabot requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - States current lender is Cabot Financial UK Limited. - Noted and Filed.

February 2018 - Letter received from Cabot - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - however when they sent the statement of account they made reference to the owner being Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited - Noted and filed.

March 2018 - (As Above) -Letter received from Cabot - requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and filed.

April 2018 - (As above) -Letter received from Cabot - "We have not heard from You" please contact us to arrange payment. - On the right hand side of this letter it states current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited - Noted and filed.

April 2018 - "We have not heard from you" Letter received from Cabot Financial UK Ltd - Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - Letter with regards to our CCA request from Cabot Financial UK Limited informing us they are unable to get the information requested from the original lender. Noted and Filed

June 2018 - Letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited requesting we contact them to arrange a new payment plan. - Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - "Working within your budget" Letter received form Cabot Financial UK Limited inclusive of and I & E to complete - Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - "Save XXX amount when you update your budget" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited, inclusive of I & E to complete - Noted and Filed

September 2018 - "A new Approach" Letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited - Request we contact them to arrange payment. Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - "How can we help" letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited - Request we contact them to arrange payment. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - "Your Account" Letter received from Cabot Financial UK Limited - Request we contact them to arrange payment. Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from Cabot Financial noting our comments with regards to our "Doorstep Visit" Letter to them. They have requested we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed. This letter was received in respect of another alleged debt which is held by Cabot Financial, in which they informed us we would be receiving a door step visit. They have acknowledged separate accounts within one correspondence.

January 2018 - Received a "Doorstep Visit" from Resolvecall even after Cabot Financial acknowledged our letter to them!! - Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Letter received from Cabot Financial informing us our account is no longer on hold and they have requested we contact them. Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Discover your options" - Noted and Filed.

July 2019 - Letter from Cabot Financial "We have passed your account to Debt Managers (Services) Ltd. - Noted and Filed.

July 2019 - 1st Letter from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd - Informing us Cabot Credit Management has transferred the account to them. - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd - Requesting we arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd - "Fantastic Saving Opportunity" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Looks like the Alleged Debt is now back with Cabot but we have not received notification of the transfer back from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd. Letter from Cabot Financial "We're waiting for you to set up a plan" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Cabot Financial "Get back on track with a payment plan" - Noted and Filed.
                    Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 10:34.

Comment

Barclays
                      • Credit Card
                      • Date Commenced - March 2008
                      • Approx Balance - £1,300
                      • Status – Default August 2012
                      • Account Owner – PRA Group UK

26th October 2017– No further contact as yet.

August 2018 - Letter from PRA Group "Account Summary" - Noted and Filed.

August 2019 - Letter from PRA Group "Account Summary" - Noted and Filed.
                      Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 12:31.

Comment

MBNA
                        • Credit Card - Formerly Virgin CC
                        • Date Commenced February 2006
                        • Approx Balance £4,000

August 2017 - Postal Order returned from PRA - account placed on hold until they retrieve further information. Noted and Filed.

11th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance. They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc.. Noted and Filed

October 2018 - Could you Settle Your Account Letter from PRA Group. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter informing us PRA Group have purchased the outstanding balance from MBNA Ltd - Very confused at this stage as all paperwork previously stated that PRA group owned the debt!

December 2018 - LBC Letter received from PRA group - we have 30 days to respond.

December 2018 - LBC forms completed and returned to PRA. Copies filed.

January 2019 - Letter received from PRA informing us our account has been placed on hold for 30 days to enable them to provide us with a full response.- Noted and Filed.

February 2019 - Letter from PRA inclusive of Reconstituted copy of the agreement with MBNA and copies of statements but only a years worth. They mentioned in their letter that they already provided us with this information between two certain dates, however we didn't receive this information. They have placed our account on hold for 30 days. Noted and Filed and seeking advice.

February 2019 - Reconstituted documents have been checked by Niddy and he has deemed them enforceable. - contemplating my next step.

February 2019 - SAR letter sent to MBNA via signed for service. Copy letter filed.

March 2019 - Continuation of Legal Process letter received from PRA. Noted and Filed and Advice Sought.

March 2019 - SAR received from MBNA - Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - PRA issued Claim - Seeking Advice

April 2019 - Instructed Joanna Connolly's Firm to act on our behalf with regards to PRA issuing claim against us.

June 2019 - Fantastic news from Joanna Connolly's team - PRA have discontinued with their claim against us.
                        Last edited by Blodwen; 4 June 2019, 17:21.

Comment

MBNA
                          • Credit Card
                          • Date Commenced June 2005
                          • Approx Balance - £3,500
                          • Status – Default Julne2012

11th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance. They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc..

August 2018 - PRA have sent us some documentation with regards to our CCA request. There are no T&C's etc simply just copies of a few credit card statements stapled together. They have requested we contact them within 10 days to discuss this further.

August 2018 - Letter from PRA "Settle Account" - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - "Could we Settle our Account" Letter received from PRA Group. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from MBNA informing us there was an error on our previous NOSIA received, as a result they have supplied us with a correct one! - Noted and Filed.

December 2018 - Letter from PRA asking us to settle our account. Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - Letter from PRA iinforming us they have purchased the account from MBNA and asking us to settle our account. Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from PRA requesting we call them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from CSL - 'Notice of Instruction' requesting payment on behalf of CSL- Noted and Filed.

April 2020 - Letter from CSL - 'Limited Time Offer' - partial settlement & requesting we call them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

May 2021 - Letter from PRA requesting we call them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

September 2021 - Letter from PRA 'LBC' - Noted and Filed and solicitor instructed.
                          Last edited by Blodwen; 27 September 2021, 13:50.

Comment

Barclays Bank
                            • Unsecured Loan
                            • Date Commenced - February 2007
                            • Approx Balance - £2,500
                            • Status – Default February 2012
                            • Account Owner – PRA GROUP UK

26th October 2017– No further contact as yet.

December 2017 - Statement of account received - Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - "Notice of Information and not a demand for payment letter" received from PRA Group, offering us three payment options to settle the account. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from PRA Group informing us they are unable to provide us with a copy of our original agreement and therefore deem the alleged debt as currently unenforceable. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - Letter from PRA Group - Statement of Account - Noted and Filed.
                            Last edited by Blodwen; 28 January 2020, 10:38.

Comment

Barclays
                              • Credit Card ?? States Account Type Bank - States Type Bank on Credit Report
                              • Date Commenced – October 2007
                              • Approx Balance £4,000
                              • Status – Default August 2012
                              • Account Owner – Link Financial

16th October 2017 – Letter received from Link – Recon and a Statement of Account. They informed me that this completes their obligation under 78 of the Act.
                              Copies sent to Niddy for clarity – Niddy has informed us that it is UE due to them not being a signed agreement.

Filed away at this stage and no further payment is going to be made for now. If at a later date they threaten court action then missing prescribed terms will be forwarded.

January 2018 - Informing me that due to failure response to their letters/telephone calls leaves them with limited options at this stage and they request I contact them to discuss this further. - I have filed this away and won't respond to them at this point.

April 2018 - Letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd requesting we contact them to arrange payment - Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Letter received from Link Financial requesting we contact them to arrange making payment - Noted and Filed.

September 2018 - Letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd requesting we verify our address - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd requesting we contact them to confirm our intentions of settling the alleged debt. - Noted and Filed.
                              Last edited by Blodwen; 10 December 2018, 19:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X