GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA
    · Type of account: credit card
    · Date commenced Not sure
    · definitely before Apr 2007
    · Approx balance: £1255
    · Date last paid: 2008
    · on DMP SC
    · Status :can’t remember if acct was defaulted vague recollection it was. Not showing on my credit file
    · Account owner : Idem

MBNA UPDATE.
    · CCA request sent September 17
    · Letter of Acknowledgement of request September 17
    · UPDATE 30/09/17
    · Letter from Idem stating they are unable to locate a copy of agreement. They acknowledge they cannot enforce agreement until agreement is located. They went in to say they still plan to pursue debt include registering any defaults and arrears.
    · This maybe familiar some of you. I’m guessing this is a standard letter. The query I have is can DCA register arrears if Debt has already dropped of my CF ?
    · 16/10/17 received agreement. Sent off to niddy to have a look
    30/10/17 Niddy confirmed this . . As I’ve been paying so SB isn’t an option for me sadly. Looking for f& f for definite

04/02/18
    I did make a 10% offer which was rejected. Received a letter from IDEM yesterday dated 31/01/18, stating that there is no payment arrangement. If I don't contact them within 7 days my account will be renewed for further action which could result in either acct being placed in "our internal recoveries dept" or "acct being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity" Am right in thinking they will sell onto another DCA or they threatening something far more serious?

I was considering UE route , but I have been down this debt road for 10 years I want to get rid, but not at any cost now. have become aware that DCA's pay pennies for our debts. Ive it said before if I knew about guys earlier on things would been different but I am where I am.

Just out of interest is there anyway I can found out how much DCA's actually pay. Not a biggie just curious.

I would like help in what to do with the letter. Shall I ignore and see what they come up with next ? I understand "could" is very different to will , but guidance would be very much appreciated

01/03/18: Idem Servicing have written after calling countless times a day ,telling me about their concern of them not being able to speak to me about payment . The have suggested that if I don't contact them I will either have some appear on my doorstep , have my acct placed with an external DCA ( Aren't IDEM a DCA?) or consider litigation proceedings. Not frighten of these letters now, well not as much .I will see what they come back with , but send an harassment letter in the mean time

19/04/18: Letter from Idem dated 16/04/18: they go on on about me not answering their numerous calls and would like me to contact them with 10 days. If I don't they will refer me to Resolve call for a home visit. I have read a lot on here , reassuring there is nothing to worry about. Will send door step harassment letter if needed

05/05/18

Letter from Resolve call sating that IDEM are having difficulty in contacting me and ask that I contact IDEM urgently. Resolve go on to say that if I do not contact IDEM then they will visit within 28 days of letter dated 01/05/18 me at my home to help me come to some arrangement. . I will be sending the door step letter. Do I send to both IDEM and resolve call or resolve call alone? I take it recorded delivery is the way to send letter or will an email suffice?

02/06/18
    Update: 05/05/18 Door step letter sent.
    10/05/18: Letter from resolve stating they are no longer dealing with the account
    10/05/18: Letter from IDEM in response to my door step . They will be looking into my complaint
    16/05/18: Letter referring to me their response to my previous complaint ( I sent telephone harassment letter to IDEM 02/03/17) saying they will not uphold my complaint and will not contact me for 30 days until I contact them to discuss payment . They go on to say they can instruct a third party to visit my property should they not be able to contact me by other means . Well we can do the dance if they like. The same door step letter will be sent as many times as needed if they want.

UPDATE:

18/06/18

Letter from IDEM dated 07/06/18 informing me that they have instructed WESTCOT to collect outstanding sounding amount. I guess just wait ti hear from WESCOT. Interesting turns of events . Not so long ago they were threatening CCJ's

Comment

• Co-op
      • Type of account: credit card
      • Date commenced :2005
      • Approx balance: £932
      • Date last paid: 2008
      • on DMP SC
      • Account owner : link

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

Received statement of account today , 05/10/17 dated 19 September 2017 . The statement of account goes on to say this notice is given in compliance with the consumer credit act 1974 because you are in arrears with your payments under this agreement. The current arrears represents the outstanding balance as you failed to maintain payments in accordance with the terms of the original agreement so the full amount has become due.

I will send a copy to nid to have a look at. I know it’s not the credit agreement but I wonder if this is anything I need to worry about what do I need to do next if anything

UPDATE
      28/10/17. Received statement no sign of cca. Default drops off my credit file. 11/11/17. If I have heard nothing by then I plan to make a F&F offer

UPDTE: 31/05/18

28th FEBRUARY : Statement of account
      28th Feb: Letter informing me of cancellation of payment arrangement and to contact them to sort out my difficulty:
      23/05/18: Letter Asking me to contact them to sort out my difficulty in paying. They go on to say the will pursue through my local count court if I do not contact the office. Will see what hey come with next, baring in mind they still have not come back with a CCA

UPDATE:

18/06/18: Letter from LINK saying the exact same as previous letter. Filed

Comment

• 30th December 2017, 09:53
        Lloyd’s TSB
        • Date commenced pre 2007
        • Approx balance: £545
        • on DMP SC 21/11/17 cancelled DMP
        • Account owner :Westcot

20/09/17 received letter and returned £1 cheque( not one in my name) to either send to the O/C or I request they do it . Not bothered as yet will get onto them

UPDATE: 27/11/17 resent CCA REQUEST making chq payable to LLoyds

UPDATE: 30/12/17

Letter from westcot informing acct on hold until Agreement is found. Take as long as you need !

UPDATE : 25/02/18

Niddy says. Wescott are expecting to be paid , don't they all!

UPDATE: 18/06/18

14/06/18:Letter from LLOYDS saying due to me not paying they have transferred my account to Moorcroft. They go on to say they have instructed Moorcroft to collect outstanding amount: Didn't realise Lloyds still own the account. No date on letter

15/06/18 :Letter from Moorcroft a day later : Dated 13/06/18. They want me to contact them to arrange payment within 7 days or they will recommend further recovery to their client. Interestingly they say that Lloyds has registered a default against my credit file. This account has already defaulted and dropped off my CR , indicating to me Moorcroft aren't checking their records . I take it this is being passed around from DCA to another ? Do I need to do anything ?
        Last edited by Selinek; 19 June 2018, 07:08.

Comment

• Wetcloths? (Wescot) lame ducks no powers what soever
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• check your CRA file to ascertain they are lying?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Selinek View Post
              30th December 2017, 09:53
              Lloyd’s TSB
              • Date commenced pre 2007
              • Approx balance: £545
              • on DMP SC 21/11/17 cancelled DMP
              • Account owner :Westcot

15/06/18 :Letter from Moorcroft a day later : Dated 13/06/18. They want me to contact them to arrange payment within 7 days or they will recommend further recovery to their client. Interestingly they say that Lloyds has registered a default against my credit file. This account has already defaulted and dropped off my CR , indicating to me Moorcroft aren't checking their records . I take it this is being passed around from DCA to another ? Do I need to do anything ?
              I would check your CRA file Lloyds defaulted hubbys account a 2nd time, they are crap record keepers

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                Wetcloths? (Wescot) lame ducks no powers what soever
                Yeah I know: They made threats on another account, they came to nothing of course!

Comment

• Tech and night watch: Checked CR: up graded basic account to the enhanced on a free trial with Experian that send alerts re any changes. Nothing is showing, guess they are bluffing .

Comment

• soun s familiar

Comment

• Moorcroft seem to be using a template letter that is sent out when they first get a new account,
                      This is because an account 'should' be defaulted before being sold/passed on. for ease they just assume it has,
                      It just shows how little information they receive as it is passed around the block.

NW

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        Moorcroft seem to be using a template letter that is sent out when they first get a new account,
                        This is because an account 'should' be defaulted before being sold/passed on. for ease they just assume it has,
                        It just shows how little information they receive as it is passed around the block.

NW
                        So it seem Night watch .

Comment

• Hi Selinek,
                          I am trying to wade through all this info to see what I'd be in for if I try to do the whole unenforceable dance... Your situation sounds very similar to mine so I wonder, have you actually had any debts written off yet? Any successful settlements? I see that some of them have been passed on but the chain of events restarts, right? I've been on a DPM for 10 years and the thought of ceasing that to start a life of harrassment doesn't fill me with glee... ! Would love your thoughts on your journey thus far...

Comment

• Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post
                            I am trying to wade through all this info to see what I'd be in for if I try to do the whole unenforceable dance... Your situation sounds very similar to mine so I wonder, have you actually had any debts written off yet? Any successful settlements? I see that some of them have been passed on but the chain of events restarts, right? I've been on a DPM for 10 years and the thought of ceasing that to start a life of harrassment doesn't fill me with glee

Hello Sarah

I completely understand your nervousness at stopping a DMP after years of peace and quiet. It won't necessarily become a life of harassment, anyway there's a forum template letter to send which soon stops that!

Why not start a Diary or continue with with one of the threads you've already started and it can be renamed your Diary. You'll get plenty of help and support from forum members each step of the way.

Here's what you've said about your situation so far which is why I say a Diary will be the best way to start to bring things to an end for you >

Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post
                            Hi all,

I've spent a long time looking over various posts regarding UE but I'm still unsure what my next step should be and wonder if someone wouldn't mind advising... ?

I have been on a DMP for 10 years (they no longer charge me as I reached the limit). I have debt of around £25k over 5 creditors, 3 of which turn out to be unenforceable. I am trying to save up to negotiate a settlement to the large enforceable one of £18k but am not exactly sure what to do about the unenforceable debts. I can't simply ignore them can I? I've been reliably paying via the DMP for years and have also tried every year to negotiate a settlement - I've settled two. All but one have fallen off my credit file (the one left over should have gone too as it's as old as the others, but that's another problem and is a fairly small amount). I don't own a house but I do live with my partner in a small village. I don't want to risk bailiffs or harrassment so am nervous to just stop paying and start ignoring the UE debts. And a large part of me also thinks I should pay something.

Has anyone had any luck using the fact that a debt is UE to negotiate a very small settlement? Is there a template for this by any chance?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Selinek View Post
                              As I’ve been paying so SB isn’t an option for me sadly. Looking for f& f for definite
                              Can I ask what you mean by this? I have been paying via a DMP to some unenforceables and the advice seems to be that you can just go quiet...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post
                                Hi Selinek,
                                I am trying to wade through all this info to see what I'd be in for if I try to do the whole unenforceable dance... Your situation sounds very similar to mine so I wonder, have you actually had any debts written off yet? Any successful settlements? I see that some of them have been passed on but the chain of events restarts, right? I've been on a DPM for 10 years and the thought of ceasing that to start a life of harrassment doesn't fill me with glee... ! Would love your thoughts on your journey thus far...
                                Hi Sarah welcome, you've come to the right place. When I stopped my DMP and became self managed I was relieved then wondered what I had done. I like you had for years plodded along and no contact from creditors. My wobble lasted a day as I read a lot on this site , then my fears of people knocking at at my door repossessing all my possessions were allayed. Going self managed is the best thing I could have done. I did have had phone calls, text voicemail messages but I have ignored them or sent the harassment letter. The volume felt like a lot baring in mind I hadnt had any for over 10 years. Some DCA's have stopped contact all together others is every so often. its only moor croft calling more frequently , but I expected them to I'm new to them . I will send a harassment letter soon. I am safe in the knowledge the my CCA's are unenforceable so if the DCA's want to take further steps I have a defence , plus I know will get help on here. As Di mentioned do a diary , it helps you keep on top of whats happening plus you will get the right kind of help for specific issues as they come up. Take the step to self management you will gain control and confidence . Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X