GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

When (what year) was this debt assigned to PRA and might it have been assigned to any other debt purchaser before then (i.e. two assignments in the chain)?

Di
    HiI Di,

I hope you are well.

I have today received a letter from PRA regarding this Halifax card, along with a bundle of payments details dating back to 18/06/2005

The letter asks me to contact them within ten days in order to come to a mutually acceptable agreement to settle/

Niddy has said this debt is UE

I would appreciate any help please

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Hi all,

I have decided to take the plunge, and cease payments on my DMP

I have three currently UE and the other two enforceable.

I would appreciate some professional advice, as I do believe there are flaws in the documents, including no signatures!!

I am excited, but also a little stressed.

I am really not sure if I have listed things properly on here, but feel confident all will be fine, with all the help and advice from you good people

Please bear with me. I will get there in the end

Kind regards

Saint X

Last edited by Saint X; 10 October 2017, 19:46.

Comment

Hi all

I have this week received three letters from PRA regarding my debts with them

DEBT 1 HALIFAX CREDIT CARD. Letter received dated 09/10/2017
        Contains a catalogue of copy statements dated 16/06/2005 until 16/07/2011

DEBT 2 Lloyds Bank Loan. Letter received dated 06/10/2017

Contains an offer of full and final settlement for 50% of the debt.

This has come down dramatically from what they quoted me in July, with hardly any discount offered.

DEBT 3 LLoyds Bank Loan. Letter received dated 06/10/2017

Contains an offer of full and final settlement for 50% of the debt

Again dramatically down from the offer they made in July.

I am not going to proceed with these offers, and will not be paying into the DMP

Lets see what happens next

Kind Regards

Saint X

Comment

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me if it is a good idea to send a SARS request?

This keeps coming up in other peoples diaries

I am wondering as to my next steps

Kind rergards

Saint X

Comment

SAR can give you good information you may not know it is a info from dealings and events, could be useful on many occasions BUT they have 40 days to respond within
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 October 2017, 21:23. Reason: Addendum
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Tech Clerk

I was just thinking of sending off to Lloyds, as they are my two enforceable debts as things stand, and they are the majority of my debts.

I will go on the advice from this site.

Are there template letters for SAR, and where do you find information to send them etc

Saint X

Comment

top of thread look into templates and under unenforceable look there, also browse threads and info sheets gives you a lot of information!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

you send the SAR to originator i.e. if lloyds then to them

Comment

If you do send for the SAR's - Remember that if you have 2 accounts with LLoyds - You only need to send one request to Lloyds with one fee. Just put both account numbers at the top etc

Those settlement figures are a good sign but with any luck you will be paying 0% or along the line if you find you do have to settle it will be lower than that.

I cannot tell you what to do but if it were me I would be stopping payments and see what comes next etc

It seems that everything is falling into place slowly and things are turning in your favour for a change

Comment

Thanks Tech Clerk and Spud. much appreciated.

I am definitely stopping payments and will see what happens

Lloyds hold my debts that I have a concern over, hence why I thought of SAR

I like your optimism Spud, and will sit back and enjoy the ride

Saint X

Comment

Hi everyone.

Just updating that thus far I have not heard from DMP, nor creditors about non payment

Waiting for the avalanche of letters and phone calls

Hopefully you can help me through the process

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Hi everyone.

Just updating that thus far I have not heard from DMP, nor creditors about non payment

Waiting for the avalanche of letters and phone calls

Hopefully you can help me through the process

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Hi all

Another week of silence!!
                            I was kind of expecting PayPlan (DMP) to have been on my case
                            Is it normal practice to take a while?
                            Niddy did mention asking for a copy of the default notice, termination notice and notice of assignment, re PRA debts.
                            Would now be a good time to send that off, and is there a template?
                            Just trying to get prepared for what is to come.

Have a great weekend everyone
                            Saint X

Comment

When I left my DMP (private company), I sent them an SAR request and I received all correspondence from them whilst they were managing my debts for me. Not sure if it works the same way for PayPlan though - I imagine it would. It was a good job they had all the info as I had destroyed anything that was sent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                                When I left my DMP (private company), I sent them an SAR request and I received all correspondence from them whilst they were managing my debts for me. Not sure if it works the same way for PayPlan though - I imagine it would. It was a good job they had all the info as I had destroyed anything that was sent to me.

Thanks for the reply
                                It really is a minefield
                                Saint X

Comment

Working...
                                X