GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Hi everybody. I have five debts, down from seven! I have always done my best to maintain payments in life, but things took a downward turn in February 2010 when my marriage broke down, leaving me homeless, as my two daughters were priority and my house was vacated for my Ex (rightly so). I spent a few months sofa surfing with family and friends, before finally getting a social housing studio flat in July 2010. The debts from the marriage were all taken on by me, a total of just over £30,000, now down to around £24,000. I suffered plenty of harassment from all creditors, and it was a thoroughly unpleasant experience! Eventually in September 2010, I set up a DMP with PayPlan, and agreed a payment that left me virtually penniless every month, mainly because I felt pressured, and not knowing what I was doing. After taking advice, I managed to get the payments down, and began to breathe again. The letters and phone calls began to subside, and suddenly so did the desperation.I have maintained the DMP until the present time, never missing a payment. It was by chance I came across this website, and started realising how little debts were being sold on for!
    I decided to send off CCA requests to all my debtors, thinking how easy it all seemed. I soon realised I needed help with my next steps, and basically, that is where I am now. I have had enough of debt, and especially being int the grip of these charlatans. I want to get my life back on track, and want you to know that every bit of help I receive is greatly appreciated! I am a novice so please bear with me.

Kind regards
    Saint X
    Last edited by Saint X; 13 September 2017, 15:27.

And a very good start you have made Saint X......

You might need to edit your post as it is semi repeated.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Spud..........Done

Comment

I think a lot of what you have said will be heartfelt by many members here who just the same worked hard, maintained payments no matter what and soldiered on come what may......I remember all too well how a major life change brought it all spiraling down and all of sudden you are just treading water getting nowhere.....

Luckily I found this site, was cautious at first but knew things had to change so I took the plunge and I can honestly say it was the best thing I ever did

Within no time I was the one back in control and it felt as though things were getting back on track........Anyway enough of that, You are in good hands here and I am looking forward to seeing how your CCA replies work out........or even better....dont......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND) DEBT NO 1

Debt currently £8,676,85

Creditor PRA

They somehow have the original debtor as Lloyds Bank, but definitely a Halifax card.

Almost certain I took this account pre 2007, but no paperwork to clarify.

July 24th 2017 CCA request sent.

Received an unsigned document with a letter claiming debt is currently unenforceable, but further info to come. Nothing to date!

Last payment to DMP on Monday 11th Sept

Letter received. Dated 26/07/17 in response to CCA request, placing the account on hold until further notice.

Letter received. Dated 31/08/17 with documents.Sent to Niddy. He deems them UE

Letter received. Dated 09/10/17. A catalogue of printed copy statements dated 16/05/2005-15/07/2011
          Last edited by Saint X; 4 July 2018, 11:55. Reason: Letter received from PRA group dated 29th June 2018 with offer to settle £6,933.43

Comment

So far ,so good Spud, but certainly not counting any chickens

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC DEBT NO 2

Creditor PRA

Current debt £6957,05

Last payment Monday 11th September to DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017.

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but thus far, no sign of any agreement!

Almost certain Post 2007

Letter received. Dated 26/07/2017 stating receipt of CCA request, and placing account on hold.

Letter received. Dated 16/08/2017 with enclosed documents, not enforceable.

Letter received 20/09/2017 with re-constituted agreement. Sent to Niddy who deems enforceable.

Letter received. Dated 06/10/2017 with a reduced offer for full and final payment
              Last edited by Saint X; 4 July 2018, 11:59. Reason: It was taken over by me after our split, and was definitelytaken out in branch

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC DEBT NO3

Creditor PRA

Current Debt £5635, 82

Last Payment Monday 11th September 2017

CCA request sent July 24th 2017

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but no sign of any agreement

Letter received. Dated 26/07/2017 acknowledging CCA request, and placing account on hold

Letter received. Dated 16/08/2017 with documents, Deemed UE

Letter received. Dated 20/09/2017 with re-constituted agreement. Sent to Niddy, who deems it enforceable

Letter received, Dated 06/10/2017 with a reduced offer for full and final payment
                Last edited by Saint X; 14 November 2018, 15:54. Reason: Letter received from PRA group dated 9th November 2018. This is a letter before claim, stating 30 days to reply

Comment

BARCLYCARD DEBT NO 4

Creditor Link Financial

Current debt £2,610,63

Last Payment Monday 11th September 2017 DMP

CCA request sent 24th July 2017 to address on website.

Letter came back undelivered. Currently chasing them for an address in order to resend.

No reply
                  Last edited by Saint X; 12 October 2017, 12:59.

Comment

LLOYDS BANK PLC DEBT NO 5

Creditor NCO EUROPE LTD (CABOT)

Current debt £693, 89 (Credit Card)

Last payment Monday 11th of September 2017 DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017 DMP

Letter received and signed for. No reply to date
                    Last edited by Saint X; 12 October 2017, 13:00.

Comment

That is all my debts. I hope I have posted correctly. I did phone PRA group with an offer of £4,000 for settlement, but this was declined.
                      I also phoned NCO Europe and offered £250 for settlement, but again this was declined.
                      I now know that phoning these companies is a complete no, no and any future correspondence will be by letter only

I would like to know what my next steps are, or is it a case of sitting tight.
                      Thanks in advance
                      Saint X

Comment

One thing I am unsure of is the 12 day ruling on a CCA request. Does this mean they have 12 (working) days to respond, or to provide you with the actual documentation?? I sent all My requests on July 24th 2017, and have not had anything like a proper CCA agreement back, some 50 days later!

Kind regards
                        Saint X

Comment

Sorry about multiple threads. Can not work out how to delete!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
                            One thing I am unsure of is the 12 day ruling on a CCA request. Does this mean they have 12 (working) days to respond, or to provide you with the actual documentation?? I sent all My requests on July 24th 2017, and have not had anything like a proper CCA agreement back, some 50 days later!

Kind regards
                            Saint X
                            If they haven't provided the documents in 12 (+2) days they are in default. In practice it usually takes much, much longer for creditors to come back with documentation. Just sit tight and post here when you start to receive replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
                              Sorry about multiple threads. Can not work out how to delete!!!
                              No problem, I deleted the multiple posts - There is a lot of work in all that posting

Don't get too hung up on the 12 (+2) day thing, As others have said in practice it takes quite a bit longer BUT and its an important BUT......it also means that without producing a valid agreement the account is unenforceable in court so the longer that continues on the better.....

You must now sit tight with those who have not produced anything and never advise them where they have gone wrong etc

As you receive letters, Write the date received on the envelope and keep the letter and envelope together in a file etc so that you have it all together. Post up on your diary as you receive replies and other members will no doubt offer advice etc

I would advise against making any more offers at the minute. When (IF) you get your CCA replies back you will be in a better position to know how to proceed and that may mean never making a payment again.......so you would not want to negaotiate now

With some of the accounts ( if not all ) from experience I have a feeling that there will be problems with the paperwork but as things stand you are in a fairly good position......certainly better than you were a month ago

Time to put your feet up after all that work and enjoy a beer.......the ball is back in your court for a change
                              Last edited by Spud; 14 September 2017, 08:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X