GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    Just to update, it is now some nine weeks since I last made a payment, and thus far I am yet to receive any contact from either my DMP, nor creditors.
    Is this normal practice? I felt I would have heard from at least one of them by now? Not that I want them to!! I am still wondering what to do next?
    Presumably just sit back and keep waiting. Thank you for reading

Kind regards
    Saint X

Comment

It took more than three or four months before I started to receive anything. Silence is golden!!

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
        It took more than three or four months before I started to receive anything. Silence is golden!!
        Lets hope so JLC. Thanks for that
        Saint X

Comment

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
          asking for a copy of the default notice, termination notice and notice of assignment, re PRA debts.
          Would now be a good time to send that off, and is there a template?
          Just trying to get prepared for what is to come.
          What's the last thing you've heard from PRA on each of those debts?

It's easier if you re-quote your account post when you ask a question so that the history of the debt is clear, especially since each debt may need different treatment. The fact they're all owned by PRA may make no difference.

Sometimes it's best to do nothing. If you ask them for the Default Notice and Notice of Assignment etc then they may just go looking for them, realise there may be an error and remedy it.

The fact the credit agreement may be enforceable doesn't mean that there aren't other legal flaws which could defeat a claim if things get that far.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

What's the last thing you've heard from PRA on each of those debts?

It's easier if you re-quote your account post when you ask a question so that the history of the debt is clear, especially since each debt may need different treatment. The fact they're all owned by PRA may make no difference.

Sometimes it's best to do nothing. If you ask them for the Default Notice and Notice of Assignment etc then they may just go looking for them, realise there may be an error and remedy it.

The fact the credit agreement may be enforceable doesn't mean that there aren't other legal flaws which could defeat a claim if things get that far.

Di
            Hi Di
            I am sorry, but still not used to the site properly/
            The last I heard from PRA was on October 6th 2017, when they sent me letters for two of my enforceable debts offering full and final settlement figures of 50%, which was significantly lower than previously. However the deadline for these offers has now passed. The other one they hold which Diddy claimed was UE, has no correspondence since 09 October 2017.
            I hope this helps a little.
            Thanks for your post

Kind regards
            Saint X

Comment

Hi all

I have today received an email from PayPlan my DMP.
              They have asked me to contact them in order to sort things out.
              Should I contact them?
              Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

ayment Reminder

Sent: 04-Dec-2017

Dear .................

I am contacting you because we haven't received your monthly Payplan payment and I would like to find out if you are having difficulties.

If you have made payment or informed us as to why no payment has been made, then please disregard this email.

If we have not yet heard from you, we really do need for you to contact us and update us of your present circumstances. There could be any number of reasons why your payment hasn't reached us and there's certainly no cause for alarm. All you need to do is give me a quick call or contact me through PayplanPlus so I know that everything's ok. If you are struggling with any part of your Debt Management Plan (DMP) as your Personal Finance Manager, I'm here to help you.

If, for example, something has changed in your financial circumstances making it difficult to make your payments, I can see if we can work out a more suitable plan. I'll take you through what you need to do to get back on track, without stretching your available money too far.

Whatever your reason for missing your payment, your DMP is still active and one phone call to me will put things right again.

Remember, we're impartial, free and we only ever act in your best interests.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Comment

You could just email them back and tell them you are going self managed.

Comment

You could just email them back and tell them you are going self managed.
                    Before you do, make sure that you copy all of your account and payment details off the Payplan site, because once notified they close off access to the account.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Before you do, make sure that you copy all of your account and payment details off the Payplan site, because once notified they close off access to the account.
                      I put in an SAR to my DMP company and got a pretty detailed folder of every letter they received.

Comment

I put in an SAR to my DMP company and got a pretty detailed folder of every letter they received.
                        Yes, but it cost you £10. I took the precaution of saving my account history, payments made, how they were allocated, etc, etc, while I still had access.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                          Yes, but it cost you £10. I took the precaution of saving my account history, payments made, how they were allocated, etc, etc, while I still had access.

One of the benefits of a SAR is to see what's on record which hasn't been sent to you such as a Transaction Log of all calls and letters/emails to and from your creditors which you won't have been sent by the DMP provider.

For example when a debt is assigned the creditor or debt purchaser sometimes deal direct with the DMP business, but the statutory notices must be served on the debtor in order to be valid. They don't always get it right I'm pleased to say

These can be useful nuggets of information if you ever find yourself faced with a court claim

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

One of the benefits of a SAR is to see what's on record which hasn't been sent to you such as a Transaction Log of all calls and letters/emails to and from your creditors which you won't have been sent by the DMP provider.

For example when a debt is assigned the creditor or debt purchaser sometimes deal direct with the DMP business, but the statutory notices must be served on the debtor in order to be valid. They don't always get it right I'm pleased to say

These can be useful nuggets of information if you ever find yourself faced with a court claim

Di

Thanks everyone.
                            Would you recommend a SAR request to the DMP Di?
                            I will copy everything from the DMP

Saints X

Comment

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
                              Would you recommend a SAR request to the DMP Di?
                              Yes I would - you never know when it'll come in handy.

Sometimes DMP companies pay your money to the creditor a little while after you've paid it to them (the DMP) so this could impact on a future Statute Barred date.

Ditto any offers or negotiations which they've made on your behalf which could be seen as acknowledging the debt.

When a debt is assigned the Notice of Assignment must be served on the debtor, sometimes a debt purchaser will claim that they sent it to your DMP company if you deny receiving one. If it's not in the SAR then it didn't happen.

Di

Comment

I agree with Di. Even though I had to pay, I got a copy of everything that was sent to the DMP company. It’s very useful to see how many times a debt has been sold on!

Comment

Working...
                                X