GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
    LLOYDS BANK PLC

Creditor NCO EUROPE LTD (CABOT)

Current debt £693, 89 (Credit Card)

Last payment Monday 11th of September 2017 DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017 DMP

Letter received and signed for. No reply to date

So far no reply from NCO

Comment

Hi all

I am in the position where my largest debt is so far UE

Two have been confirmed as enforceable by Niddy

I am yet to receive any replies from my two smallest creditors.

Is it best to give up on this, or are there any further avenues to pursue?

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

There are other avenues depending on what you want to achieve

Just because they are enforceable it does not mean that all is lost......Many people have gone all the way to SB with enforceable debts

It just limits how far you can push things with certain creditors. Some are more likely to litigate etc

What it may mean is to try to follow the usual UE route and if things get too heavy down the line and if you are in a position to make some kind of settlement payment then you may be able to negotiate to settle for a lower sum etc

Without getting into exact figures, how much are you currently paying the enforceable debts? Is is a token payment or something larger etc
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
          There are other avenues depending on what you want to achieve

Just because they are enforceable it does not mean that all is lost......Many people have gone all the way to SB with enforceable debts

It just limits how far you can push things with certain creditors. Some are more likely to litigate etc

What it may mean is to try to follow the usual UE route and if things get too heavy down the line and if you are in a position to make some kind of settlement payment then you may be able to negotiate to settle for a lower sum etc

Without getting into exact figures, how much are you currently paying the enforceable debts? Is is a token payment or something larger etc

I have cut down to token payments at present Spud. The three largest debts are the one UE and two enforceable, all held by PRA, who Niddy said are a bit heavy handed.

The good thing as it stands, is maybe I can use the UE as a bargaining chip?

Comment

I guess you need to have a think what you want to do next

With the UE ones, If you are looking at the unenforceability route then the next step would be to stop payments and deal with the letters that will come in etc. The template letters here can assist you with that.

With the enforceable ones you could stop payments and see how you go or continue with the token payments for now while you are able to save up a settlement amount etc

It is true that the company the Enforceable debts are with are heavy handed and there is the possibility they might litigate once the payments stop etc.

Have a bit of a think about it all and see what other members think - At least you don't have to rush in to anything
            Last edited by Spud; 27 September 2017, 13:53.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I guess you need to have a think what you want to do next

With the UE ones, If you are looking at the unenforceability route then the next step would be to stop payments and deal with the letters that will come in etc. The template letters here can assist you with that.

With the enforceable ones you could stop payments and see how you go or continue with the token payments for now while you are able to save up a settlement amount etc

It is true that the company the Enforceable debts are with are heavy handed and there is the possibility they might litigate once the payments stop etc.

Have a bit of a think about it all and see what other members think - At least you don't have to rush in to anything
              #
              Thanks Spud

Very sound advice

My one major problem is still having my name on the mortgage from my marriage days, although I do not pay anything now, and have not lived there for seven years!

The smaller ones I am not worried about.

The three with PRA are the main concern, but the fact that the biggest one is UE, gives me some bargaining power.

I wonder if I was to make an offer, what would people suggest?

PRA invited me to call them with an offer to settle, which says to me, they must be slightly concerned?

Any advice much appreciated

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

I would advise you against calling them to make any offers until you have taken some professional advice first - You would not want to rush in and make mistakes

Wait and see what other members suggest for the minute - Especially Di or Jo etc

Don,t forget - Depending on what paperwork Niddy has seen, There can be more that an agreement that can scupper the chance of a DCA/owner winning in court. Claims can fall down on other matters and of course there is also room for negaotation when they suddenly find themselves in difficulty

Last edited by Spud; 27 September 2017, 20:16.

Comment

I would advise you against calling them to make any offers until you have taken some professional advice first - You would not want to rush in and make mistakes

Wait and see what other members suggest for the minute - Especially Di or Jo etc

Don,t forget - Depending on what paperwork Niddy has seen, There can be more that an agreement that can scupper the chance of a DCA/owner winning in court. Claims can fall down on other matters and of course there is also room for negaotation when they suddenly find themselves in difficulty

Thanks again Spud

I will await further comment

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Hi all
                    I am wondering if I should make my DMP payment this month

As things stand, I have three debts that are UE and two that are enforceable

Would appreciate any advice

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Its entirely upto you, but I haven’t made any payments since starting this journey.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                        Its entirely upto you, but I haven’t made any payments since starting this journey.

Thanks JLC

How long have you stopped paying?

Do you get a lot of hassle?

It all seems a bit of a minefield to me, but so tempted to take the plunge!!

Comment

I haven’t paid since January 2016. Had phone calls, but sent the harrassment template which stopped them. All my debts are currently in dispute. Robinson way and Cabot both sent threats of actions but they have no paperwork at the moment. Check out my diary!

Comment

It has to be your own decision as you will receive a lot of letters and calls if you stop paying. I did a self managed dump for many years then in 2008/9 I started the UE journey. Two companies were 'nice' to me and I carried on paying until 2 1/2 years ago. If only I had stopped everything at the same time it would all be SB now!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              It has to be your own decision as you will receive a lot of letters and calls if you stop paying. I did a self managed dump for many years then in 2008/9 I started the UE journey. Two companies were 'nice' to me and I carried on paying until 2 1/2 years ago. If only I had stopped everything at the same time it would all be SB now!

Thanks for your help

I am going to cease payments and see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                                I haven’t paid since January 2016. Had phone calls, but sent the harrassment template which stopped them. All my debts are currently in dispute. Robinson way and Cabot both sent threats of actions but they have no paperwork at the moment. Check out my diary!
                                I will look at your diary

I am going to cease payments and see how it goes

Comment

Working...
                                X