GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path

So I roughly have about 42k of debt. Self employed living with partner no mortgage in my name. Failed trading business spent too long trying to recover things after partner ripped me off in 08 for 60k.

Borrow from Peter to Pay Paul so too speak.

Stopped paying the Direct Debits beginning of August also spoken to StepChange re a DMP due to start December as I read you should squirrel away for bad months.

Now leaning towards the unenforced route and see how we fair. Any comments tips welcome.

I have separated each lender to its own update post as suggested. I seemed to of messed up post one, When I edit post one it not changing after save so Summary below the diary.
    Last edited by Meepatme; 16 August 2017, 17:11.

BARCLAYCARD
    • Type of account (credit card/loan): Credit Card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 21/04/2011
    • Approx balance:£3500
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) July 2017
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not Paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Up-to-Date
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)Lender
    11/08/2017 DD cancelled, letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiralling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
    17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery(forum copy)
    18/08/2017 Letter received dated 14 Aug 17. Interest frozen for 30 days. Required not to contact you for 30 days. Contact us within 30 days to review case.
    01/09/2017 CCA received emailed niddy see how we stand
    11/09/2017 niddy responded cca enforceable debt too new
    More of the same.2017-2019

Host Finance now have he debt they took it to court and Di got the case discontinued.

Last edited by Meepatme; 9 January 2020, 22:35.

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK LOANS
      • Type of account (credit card/loan): Loan
      • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 06/09/2015
      • Approx balance:£21700
      11/08/2017 DD cancelled, letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiralling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
      17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery (forum copy)
      22/08/2017 letter received acknowledging CCA copy enclosed in thread.
      25/08/2017 Appears to be just statement. Enclosed copy on thread. No agreement assume sending separate.
      30/08/2017 Letter received with agreement on copy. Appears to be valid copy will send here for to see whats what
      30/08/2017 Niddy confirms enforceable too new
      06/09/2017 Annual Loan Statement received today assume part of the cca request. Will file and wait
      13/03/2020 Moved to intrum interesting balance has dropped by 1k.
      15/01/2021 Paid for 80% discount, this was the biggest debt wanted this gone.

Case closed
      Last edited by Meepatme; 15 January 2021, 17:20.

Comment

HSBC LOAN
        • Type of account (credit card/loan): Loan
        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 10/11/2014
        • Approx balance:£4700
        15/08/2017 Phone call from HSBC Financial Management team on mobile did not answer.
        17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery (forum copy)
        01/01/2020 moved to cabot
        19/03/2020 letter warning may move to solicitors
        11/05/2021

See below, current firm holding debt discontinued by Jo/Di
        Last edited by Meepatme; 11 May 2021, 16:30.

Comment

HSBC OVERDRAFT
          • Type of account (credit card/loan): Overdraft
          • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Account Started 02/09/1997
          • Approx balance:£5500
          11/08/2017 DD cancelled letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiralling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
          15/08/2017 Phone call from HSBC Financial Management team on mobile did not answer.
          17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery (overdraft copy one)
          18/09/2017 letter revived stating in breach of over-draft and £5 a day fee capped at £80 per month. No mention of CCA request
          19/03/2020 letter warning may move to solicitors
          15/01/2021 Pending court date Di/Jo Defending
          11/05/2021 Case discontinued by Jo/Di
          Last edited by Meepatme; 11 May 2021, 16:28.

Comment

MBNA
            • Type of account (credit card/loan): Credit Card
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)10/11/2006
            • Approx balance:£6300
            11/08/2017 DD letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiraling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
            14/08/2017 Voice mail from MBNA team asking for a call,ignored
            15/08/2017 Letter received dated 10/08/2017 sorry to hear blah blah if you cant maintain your contractual payments please complete enclosed I & E form. It then states were leave you alone for 30 days. Best to ignore all from what iv read.
            16/08/2017 letter sent stating This letter is a formal request to 78 of the consumer Credit Act 1974. I request you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions 78 will apply. Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulation 2008 (CPUTR). I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00 which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request you should confirm in writing at the earliest opportunity and certainly within the statutory limit for compliance and return the fee. I look forward from hearing from you.
            17/08/2017 letter received restrictions on account as your in difficulty blah blah. Filed
            17/08/2017 Another CCA request sent sent one before sending another as this forums ones more detailed dont want to let anything slip by now. (forum copy)
            01/09/2017 cca received pass to niddy to check out
            11/09/2017 niddy responded cca enforceable debt too new
            Debt moved to PRA group there best offer settlement for £2563 Last letter Nov 18.

Settled for 1500
            Case Closed
            Last edited by Meepatme; 18 January 2021, 16:45.

Comment

So I roughly have about 42k of debt. Self employed living with partner no mortgage in my name. Failed trading business spent too long trying to recover things after partner ripped me off in 08 for 60k.

Borrow from Peter to Pay Paul so too speak.

Stopped paying the Direct Debits beginning of August also spoken to StepChange re a DMP due to start December as I read you should squirrel away for bad months.

Now leaning towards the unenforced route and see how we fair. Any comments tips welcome.

I have separated each lender to its own update post as suggested. I seemed to of messed up post one, When I edit post one it not changing after save so Summary below the diary.
              Last edited by Meepatme; 18 August 2017, 10:55.

Comment

thank you for a neat and tidy diary, welcome aboard, we look forward to pointing you in the right direction

good luck in your journey, NW
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome. Good luck. I'm 18 months into my journey.

Comment

Thanks guys seems a very long way to go lol. Wheels seem to turn slowly when all you want is for things to go quick. Post-office run today for some postal orders get those CCA's on everyone, pondering should i of sent recorded delivery. The one I have sent so was to MBNA was just by 1st class post.

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
                      Thanks guys seems a very long way to go lol. Wheels seem to turn slowly when all you want is for things to go quick. Post-office run today for some postal orders get those CCA's on everyone, pondering should i of sent recorded delivery. The one I have sent so was to MBNA was just by 1st class post.
                      I always use Record Delivery AND keep a note of the PO Number (if sending £1).
                      In fact I scan the various receipts create PDF of the letters plus receipts and store these on a usb stick.
                      It might be years down the line (hopefully) when you might need to prove this. Start as you mean to go on.

Comment

Right onwards and upwards brought new folder and file separators for all comms (feels like being back at school). Use forum template for CCA to all, filed a copy, took photos of postal orders and sent recorded delivery. Scanned receipts into folder.

Comment

Diary updated with CCA request sent MBNA by far the most pro active dont know if this is good or bad yet hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
                            Diary updated with CCA request sent MBNA by far the most pro active dont know if this is good or bad yet hmm
                            when you update, its helpful to quote the record you've updated. Not important at the moment, but it save having to dredge through lots of pages to find the post you've updated. (It took me a while to do this).

Did you use the template letter that's available?

Comment

All of them :-D just the CCA letters to all, yes all templates from here.

Comment

Working...
                              X