GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottygees View Post
    23/10/17-correspondence recd from Robinson Way dated 18/10/17 stating we enclose the requested documentation and in absence of any dispute please return the enclosed financial statement (which isn't enclosed by the way) to confirm an affordable payment plan within the next 30 days.However all they have sent me is copies of my credit card statements from April 2010 to January 2011 and not the CCA I requested. Any advice as of the next course of action to take? Thanks in advance.
    I would just await their next letter, which should be at least a month away.

Comment

MBNA
      • Credit Card
      • Date commenced-unknown
      • Approx balance-£785
      • Date last paid-Sept 2010
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2017
      • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
      • Account owner- Idem Capital Securities
      no previous correspondence recd
      13/7/17-CCA request made
      17/7/17 CCA request delivered and signed for
      21/7/17-letter received from Idem dated 19/7/17."we will endeavour to provide the requisite information within the next 12 working days
      4/08/17-letter received from Idem dated 2/8/17.They are unable to provide the CCA at present and accept the agreement can't be enforced until such time they can. They have contacted original lender and if available will send it if available. They confirm balance is still outstanding and will continue to pursue including updating credit reference agencies. They state I am free to take whatever action I consider appropriate but they will not be releasing me from any obligation under the agreement
      5/8/17-income and expenditure form recd from Idem dated 2/8/17. Filed away no action to take
      25/09/17-letter recd from Idem dated 20/9/17 "we note no formal arrangement,please complete I&E in next 14 days or we will take further collection activity".(as no CCA provided and they have previously acknowledged they can't enforce it , letter filed away.
      09/11/17-letter recd from Idem Saying account has now been purchased by Cabot.Introduction letter also recd in same envelope from Cabot, asking me to make contact. As I still haven't received the CCA I requested what action do I need to take at this stage, if any? Thanks in advance
      Last edited by scottygees; 10 November 2017, 13:24.

Comment

• I would ignore for a couple of letters and then send a SWID or sold while in dispute letter which is in the template section.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA
          • Credit Card
          • Date commenced-unknown
          • Approx balance-£785
          • Date last paid-Sept 2010
          • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
          • Account owner- Idem Capital Securities
          13/7/17-CCA request made
          17/7/17 CCA request delivered and signed for
          21/7/17-letter received from Idem dated 19/7/17."we will endeavour to provide the requisite information within the next 12 working days
          4/08/17-letter received from Idem dated 2/8/17.They are unable to provide the CCA at present and accept the agreement can't be enforced until such time they can. They have contacted original lender and if available will send it if available. They confirm balance is still outstanding and will continue to pursue including updating credit reference agencies. They state I am free to take whatever action I consider appropriate but they will not be releasing me from any obligation under the agreement
          5/8/17-income and expenditure form recd from Idem dated 2/8/17. Filed away no action to take
          25/09/17-letter recd from Idem dated 20/9/17 "we note no formal arrangement,please complete I&E in next 14 days or we will take further collection activity".(as no CCA provided and they have previously acknowledged they can't enforce it , letter filed away.
          09/11/17-letter recd from Idem Saying account has now been purchased by Cabot.Introduction letter also recd in same envelope from Cabot, asking me to make contact. As I still haven't received the CCA I requested what action do I need to take at this stage, if any? Thanks in advance
          28/11/2017-letter recd from Cabot.dated 22/11/17. nothing threatening but should I send a SWID letter yet or wait a bit longer?
          Last edited by scottygees; 27 November 2017, 20:11.

Comment

• I sent them a SWID a year ago when they purchased three of my debts from IDEM/MOORGATE and haven’t heard from them since apart from the odd ‘we are still seeking an update’ letter.

Comment

• A similar pattern has applied to a number of members here, where Cabot has purchased accounts from another debt purchaser, and then send a series of non-threatening letters. I would be inclined to sit tight for a while, but keep an eye on the tone of their letters. ( I see that there is currently an outstanding CCA request.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                A similar pattern has applied to a number of members here, where Cabot has purchased accounts from another debt purchaser, and then send a series of non-threatening letters. I would be inclined to sit tight for a while, but keep an eye on the tone of their letters. ( I see that there is currently an outstanding CCA request.)
                Yes the CCA request is still outstanding

Comment

• I sent my SWID off pretty soon after I got the letter from Cabot because I was worried that if they did take action, I would be asked why I didn’t inform them earlier that there was a dispute. This was a personal choice, though. It was also this time last year that they purchased the debts, so it’s possibly an annual thing done by Idem/Moorgate.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD
                    • Credi card
                    • Date commenced -unknown
                    • Approx balance-£957
                    • Date last paid-Jan 2016
                    • Status-default 30/3/2016
                    • Account owner- Link Financial Outsourcing
                    13/7/17-CCA request made
                    17/7/17-CCA request not delivered as no access to delivery address. Await post to be returned and send again
                    18/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                    19/10/17-letter recd from Link Financial dated 16/10/17. Confirming original creditor(Barclaycard) are unable to fulfill the section 77/78 request . They agree the account is currently unenforceable but that the outstanding balance remains collectible and it is acceptable for creditors to register and continue to report a default. They conclude by stating this information concludes their obligations under section 78 of the act
                    20/10/17-statement of account recd from Link with information sheet regarding notice of arrears
                    27/10/17-letter from Link confirming no repayment plan in place.Please contact them with an offer of repayment
                    18/12/17-Letter received from Link dated 14/12/17, still no repayment in place please contact us.We remain committed to debt recovery by negotiation but will if needed pursue through county court.

Should I take any action at this moment bearing in mind CCA request not yet complied with?

Comment

TESCO
                      • Credit Card
                      • Date commenced -not known
                      • Approx balance- £989
                      • Date last paid -Sept 2010
                      • Status -unknown.Account no longer on credit report
                      • Account owner -Robinson Way
                      13/7/17-CCA request made
                      17/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                      21/7/17-letter received from Robinson Way confirming received CCA request and account put on hold temporarily until they have the agreement
                      28/8/17-email received from Robinson Way stating they have contacted original creditor and have an update for me and for me to contact them within the next 30 days.
                      23/10/17-correspondence recd from Robinson Way dated 18/10/17 stating we enclose the requested documentation and in absence of any dispute please return the enclosed financial statement (which isn't enclosed by the way) to confirm an affordable payment plan within the next 30 days.However all they have sent me is copies of my credit card statements from April 2010 to January 2011 and not the CCA I requested. Any advice as of the next course of action to take? Thanks in advance.
                      28/11/17-email recd from Robinson Way inviting me to make an offer of payment instalments. nothing threatening so no action taken
                      18/12/17-Letter recd from Robway confirming settlement figure available £740.32,but if I don’t get in touch a decision will be made of how to proceed including instructing Howard Cohen to commence legal action, asking a field agent to call or continue further collection activity,letters and calls.

Should I take any action at this stage bearing in mind they haven’t yet complied with the CCA request?

Comment

18/12/17-Letter received from Link dated 14/12/17, still no repayment in place please contact us.We remain committed to debt recovery by negotiation but will if needed pursue through county court.

Should I take any action at this moment bearing in mind CCA request not yet complied with?
                        As they currently "remain committed to debt recovery by negotiation" I would file and await their next shot .

Comment

18/12/17-Letter recd from Robway confirming settlement figure available £740.32,but if I don’t get in touch a decision will be made of how to proceed including instructing Howard Cohen to commence legal action, asking a field agent to call or continue further collection activity,letters and calls.

Should I take any action at this stage bearing in mind they haven’t yet complied with the CCA request?
                          Again, as they are only setting out all their possible next moves, I would file and wait.

Comment

VANQUIS
                            • Credit Card
                            • Approx balance £1002
                            • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment since Feb 2017
                            • Status -Default 31/8/2015
                            • Account owner-DLC
                            9/6/17-letter recd confirming they have been instructed by vanquish to collect balance and require me to contact them
                            26/6/17-letter recd offering a 50% reduction on outstanding balance
                            13/7/17-CCA request made
                            17/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                            12/8/17-letter recdfrom DLC dated 1/8/17 stating they are only collectors and that I need to send request directly to Vanquis.They have returned the postal order. Any advice or should I just now send the request to Vanquis
                            17/08/17-CCA request made to Vanquis
                            19/08/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                            01/09/17-CCA received from Vanquis dated 30/08/17.Awaiting advice
                            02/09/17-CCA sent to Niddy who confirms it is enforceable . Will await further contact from DCA before deciding what course of action to take.
                            11/12/17-Letter recd from Vanquis confirming now assigned to Lowell. Introducing letter recd from Lowell in the same envelope. Do I need to take any action at this stage due to the agreement being enforceable?

Comment

• I would wait for them to make the first move, or two.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

TESCO
                                • Loan
                                • Approx balance- £12267.15
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2016
                                • Status -default date Feb 2012
                                • Account owner -Robinson Way
                                I called Robinson Way to explain issues with DMP etc and they agreed to put account on hold for 30 days to allow stepchange to contact them.
                                19/06/17-letter recd from Robinson Way confirming that in connection with my update no further action will be taken on account for next 30 days
                                17/7/17-CCA request issued.
                                18/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
                                22/7/17-letter dated 18/7/17 recd from Robinson Way account put on hold whilst they deal with CCA request
                                05/09/17-letter recd from Rob Way dated 29/8/17.They haven't had a response from original creditor so action on account stopped whilst they await one.
                                11/10/17-letter recd from Rob Way .They still haven't had a response from original creditor so action on account will be stopped whilst they await it
                                18/10/17-letter recd from Rob Way.They are still awaiting a response and have contacted their client to remind them the request is still outsatnding. Confirm account still on hold.
                                18/01/18-furrther letter recd from Rob Way. They are still awaiting a response from their client .Account Still on hold

Comment

Working...
                                X