GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
    one of my outstanding debts that hasn't been paid for a while is a catalogue. I have had a transfer of assignment letter from them saying Lowells now own the debt. Can I send a CCA request on this?
    If you've only had the "Goodbye" letter (i.e. NOA) from the catalogue company then wait for the "Hello" letter from Lowells before you do anything. You want to drag things out for as long as possible.

You say this is a debt which hasn't been paid for a while so when was the last payment and who is the original creditor?

Is the history of this debt on your thread and if so which post number?

It's always useful to read the backstory before making suggestions

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

If you've only had the "Goodbye" letter (i.e. NOA) from the catalogue company then wait for the "Hello" letter from Lowells before you do anything. You want to drag things out for as long as possible.

You say this is a debt which hasn't been paid for a while so when was the last payment and who is the original creditor?

Is the history of this debt on your thread and if so which post number?

It's always useful to read the backstory before making suggestions

Di
      Thanks Di

This has not been posted on here yet

The original creditor is JDWilliams
      Last full payment about 3 years ago
      Last payment through DMP was February 2017.

Comment

TESCO
        • Credit Card
        • Date commenced -not known
        • Approx balance- £989
        • Date last paid -Sept 2010
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2016
        • Status -unknown.Account no longer on credit report
        • Account owner -Robinson Way
        no previous correspondence recd
        13/7/17-CCA request made
        17/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
        21/7/17-letter received from Robinson Way confirming received CCA request and account put on hold temporarily until they have the agreement
        28/8/17-email received from Robinson Way stating they have contacted original creditor and have an update for me and for me to contact them within the next 30 days.
        Any advice as to why they dont just send the CCA? Or does this sound like they haven't got it?

Comment

Sounds rather odd. However, I would not contact them. If they don't have an agreement, you will be wanting it in writing, not a verbal advice. Sit
          tight and wait for them to write again.

Edit: I don't suppose they say what will happen if you don't contact them within 30 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            Sounds rather odd. However, I would not contact them. If they don't have an agreement, you will be wanting it in writing, not a verbal advice. Sit
            tight and wait for them to write again.

Edit: I don't suppose they say what will happen if you don't contact them within 30 days?
            it just says contact us on the above number/email or text us on xxxxx and we will ring you back! Sounds like they have a bit of a strategy.i will await for them to send the CCA before I contact them

Comment

Strangely enough, I received a letter from RobWay last week about my Tesco CC. I haven't heard from RobWay for 18 months and the debt is now well and truly SB so I've just filed the letter like I did with the last one.

Definitely don't contact them by phone scottygees. Strange that, as they've written to you, they haven't put the update in the letter.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Strangely enough, I received a letter from RobWay last week about my Tesco CC. I haven't heard from RobWay for 18 months and the debt is now well and truly SB so I've just filed the letter like I did with the last one.

Definitely don't contact them by phone scottygees. Strange that, as they've written to you, they haven't put the update in the letter.
                this is the first time they have ever contacted me by email.(I wasn't even aware they had my email address). The email did have the little paper clip attachment symbol next to it, but there is definitely no attachment to open. I will await their next move.

Comment

As others have already said, I would just wait for them to write and see what comes next........fingers crossed for you
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok so I have received the CCA request from Vanquis. I don't possess a scanner to copy these and send them to be looked at. I literally have an iPad which I can photograph these and send them, would that be ok? Also I have had a letter from Capital One saying Apex are no longer dealing and that the debt has been passed back to them. Please contact us. The CCA still hasn't been returned by them. Any advice?

Comment

There is a really good app called scannable that you can get for the iPad

Comment

So the CCA is enforceable..boo! Will see what their next course of action is unless any other advice can be given

Comment

So the CCA is enforceable..boo! Will see what their next course of action is unless any other advice can be given
                          That's what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

That's what I would do.
                            I have read some people have sent a prescribed terms are missing letter following confirmation their CCA is enforceable. Is this a route worth going down or would it be best to wait for the the DCA to contact me and then send it?

Comment

I have read some people have sent a prescribed terms are missing letter following confirmation their CCA is enforceable. Is this a route worth going down or would it be best to wait for the the DCA to contact me and then send it?
                              Its a good idea but wait and see what happens. Eat up the time.
                              No payment since Feb 2016 your doing well that's 19 months.
                              Silence is golden you could always hit VANQUIS later with a Missing P/T
                              But since you have evidence of the CCA request being sent then if and when a DCA appears you could send a SWID.
                              But for the moment Silence is best
                              Last edited by Roger; 2 September 2017, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                                Its a good idea but wait and see what happens. Eat up the time.
                                No payment since Feb 2016 your doing well that's 19 months.
                                Silence is golden you could always hit VANQUIS later with a Missing P/T
                                But since you have evidence of the CCA request being sent then if and when a DCA appears you could send a SWID.
                                But for the moment Silence is best
                                Thanks Roger. I need to update my entry.The last payment made was Feb 2017. This debt is sowned by the DCA as far as I am aware and hasn't transferred back to Vanquis, so any future correspondence I receive should come from the DCA. The DCA in question said they couldn't provide the CCA and that I should contact Vanquis directly for it, which I did, so not sure if the SWID letter will be appropriate.Please note all this is new to me so I am learning as I go along,so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X