GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
    BARCLAYCARD
    • Credi card
    • Date commenced -unknown
    • Approx balance-£957
    • Date last paid-Jan 2016
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2017
    • Status-default 30/3/2016
    • Account owner- Link Financial Outsourcing
    no previous correspondence recd
    13/7/17-CCA request made

Comment

TESCO
      • Credit Card
      • Date commenced -not known
      • Approx balance- £989
      • Date last paid -Sept 2010
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2016
      • Status -unknown.Account no longer on credit report
      • Account owner -Robinson Way
      13/7/17-CCA request made

Comment

VANQUIS
        • Credit Card
        • Date commenced -not known
        • Approx balance £1002
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment since Feb 2016
        • Status -Default 31/8/2015
        • Account owner-DLC
        9/6/17-letter recd confirming they have been instructed by vanquish to collect balance and require me to contact them
        26/6/17-letter recd offering a 50% reduction on outstanding balance
        13/7/17-CCA request made

Comment

12/06/17 letter recd-confirming they can consider a discounted settlement figure-ignored
          26/06/17 letter recd-outlining payment solutions incl.monthly payments to clear within 3.5 and 7 years and also reduced lump sum to clear account
          13/07/17 CCA request made
          14/07/17-letter received dated 10/7/17 confirming previous payment options but if i dont call them to discuss the account will be sent back to Capital One

Comment

CAPITAL ONE
            • Credit Card
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)-unknown
            • Approx balance-£989.40
            • Date last paid -September 2010
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying-currently on a DMP but not paid anything at all since Feb 2017
            • Status-previous default that has now dropped off credit report
            • Account owner-Apex Credit Management

12/06/17 letter recd-confirming they can consider a discounted settlement figure-ignored
            26/06/17 letter recd-outlining payment solutions incl.monthly payments to clear within 3.5 and 7 years and also reduced lump sum to clear account
            13/07/17 CCA request made
            14/07/17 letter recd from Apex dated 10/7/17 confirming previous solutions but as i haven't responded they will return the account back to Capital One

Comment

Hi Scotty

I just read you said you will restart your DMP with stepchange in the future, Is there a reason why you don't /can't run them yourself. having been in a paid for DMP myself for a while I understand how it takes the pressure off but to be honest after the first few months doing it yourself it gets easier. I am now under 1 year away from SB and have had sizeable portions of my debts written off or not been chased.

Some of my files have a small forest in them, some just two or three pages

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                Hi Scotty

I just read you said you will restart your DMP with stepchange in the future, Is there a reason why you don't /can't run them yourself. having been in a paid for DMP myself for a while I understand how it takes the pressure off but to be honest after the first few months doing it yourself it gets easier. I am now under 1 year away from SB and have had sizeable portions of my debts written off or not been chased.

Some of my files have a small forest in them, some just two or three pages

Good luck
                Thanks for the response. To be honest i have not been very decisive in how to deal with these debts and have worried long and hard before finally taking the unenforceable route. I will see what comes back from these CCA requests and from there I may run my own DMP. I have one large debt for £12500 which is my main worry and haven't sent a CCA for this as i am pretty sure it will be enforceable and am worried that not making any payment to this could have a big impact on not just myself but my family as a whole.

Comment

MBNA
                  • Credit Card
                  • Date commenced-unknown
                  • Approx balance-£785
                  • Date last paid-Sept 2010
                  • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
                  • Account owner- Idem Capital Securities
                  13/7/17-CCA request made
                  14/7/17-Income and Expenditure form recd from Idem out of the blue. Needless to say I shan't be completing it!

Comment

YORKSHIRE BANK
                    • Credit Card
                    • Date commenced-not known
                    • Approx balance-£1583
                    • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
                    • Account owner-Cabot
                    12/06/17-letter recd asking for contact to discuss solutions e.g monthly payment plan and reduced lump sum payment to clear
                    13/07/17-CCA request made
                    14/07/17 letter dated 1st July!!(really 2 weeks for me to receive it!) recd from Cabot wanting to work out an affordable repayment plan

Comment

Thanks for the response. To be honest i have not been very decisive in how to deal with these debts and have worried long and hard before finally taking the unenforceable route. I will see what comes back from these CCA requests and from there I may run my own DMP. I have one large debt for £12500 which is my main worry and haven't sent a CCA for this as i am pretty sure it will be enforceable and am worried that not making any payment to this could have a big impact on not just myself but my family as a whole.
                      Hi
                      I don't want you to give too much away but I have a debt for 15K that I sent a CCA request for - I also sent some letters that maybe would have been better off not sent with some rather colourful language but hey ho- that was then, this is now.

So far they have not issued a claim, in fact haven't been in contact for over a year and that was to offer me a very substantial discount

If the account is still with the OC maybe leave well alone, if not I can't see why you shouldn't send a CCA request- it is only a request for info - nothing more nothing less

I am not sure how to tag on here if it is possible but why not PM Di and ask her - she is an absolute star ( she'll hit me if I call her a brick - which is a compliment where i come from)

Comment

On your other posts - if they hassle you , once they have received your requests , you might want to just send a one liner- I refer you to my CCA request sent on xxxxxx , I am still waiting your reply. But that would be only if they really hassle you as it is never a good idea to poke them too much as it may only wake them up

I find cabot usually acknowledge your CCA request and then go quiet if they can not comply

Comment

Hi
                          I don't want you to give too much away but I have a debt for 15K that I sent a CCA request for - I also sent some letters that maybe would have been better off not sent with some rather colourful language but hey ho- that was then, this is now.

So far they have not issued a claim, in fact haven't been in contact for over a year and that was to offer me a very substantial discount

If the account is still with the OC maybe leave well alone, if not I can't see why you shouldn't send a CCA request- it is only a request for info - nothing more nothing less

I am not sure how to tag on here if it is possible but why not PM Di and ask her - she is an absolute star ( she'll hit me if I call her a brick - which is a compliment where i come from)
                          Thanks Pat I will heed your advice. It was when reading somebody else's diary whereby they had ignored a large debt and then sent them a CCA request and it had the adverse affect and actually appeared to wake the Giant. So this is the rationale behind my decision

Comment

That's always a problem but you can never predict exactly how a debt purchaser or creditor will react. maybe it was someone who sent the CCA request to a named person such as the CEO - a suggestion I have seen but have learnt is a big mistake

No idea what your finances are like but when I started my journey I was not working in a rented flat, now i am student in a rented flat so there is nothing they can take off me. For my big debt i think I did write asking them to make me bankrupt if they thought they had a case - needless to say they didn't

Comment

we await CCA request responses
                              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 July 2017, 21:09. Reason: spacing
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am not sure how to tag on here if it is possible but why not PM Di and ask her
                                Diana Mayhew should do the trick

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X