GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AllTheHelp's UE Diary... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AllTheHelp's UE Diary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, following your credit card diary with interest, Im on here now for my daughter, being cleared of my own personal problem debt. Don t like to leave really lol

It is a bit scary but the diary system is brilliant, and we were anxious on stopping payments , but with a divorce pushing my daughters limits after a long heart search she first stopped the ones Niddy deemed unenforceable , and finally the one that looks like it could be. Reading around empowers , as even this one could get away with a F&F after the default notices etc. and the sooner you start, sooner you get to the end of the road. It also gives you breathing space, my daughter has been able to get through the divorce, pay back friends and family, and start to get back her life. She s a different woman now to when we started, and that makes me happy to be on here and be with genuine people.

Its right what Di says ( that woman is ace in my book) you more than paid those debts, they have taken more than a pound of flesh and to me are just as guilty in allowing such irresponsible borrowing, so chuck them thoughts out. My daughter too is on low salary and was at a very low ebb!!
    and again baby steps, don t overthink ( I ve been told !! ) each letter you not sure off just upload and ask, there is always someone here with decent advice, and its better than any of those so called DMP or whatever they are, as they charge i believe... you better than them

I ll follow this with interest... all the best

SB x
    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Thanks Susiebling365 . I've also been reading your diary with interest. There's something about keep reading other stories, advice etc that helps keep you motivated and positive (well, me anyway! LOL). Although I've only stopped two payments so far I have notified all others of a substantial reduction in payments - that in itself has made me feel so much better as it now feels more affordable and will hopefully enable me to save up for some F&F's. I'm quite impatient though and feel like I want to plough on at a rate of knots whereas realistically I know this is a long journey that will take time...

Also, I know how to quote another member now but is there a way to mention another member so that they get notified? For instance, I mentioned Susiebling above and just put her name in bold but wondered if there is another way?

Comment

Hi , not sure, but thanks anyway, I ve just been nightmaring over uploading a letter so its viewable on here, etc. used to be able to do it old style and I do love the new style.

I was helped with a loan my ex shafted me into when we got divorced ( love that Niddy word ) and it was complex, but the help on here got me through it all, cant say enough about how great this place is. Only wish it was around when I first contracted the loan. I d of saved loads more. But now getting my daughter through some ... the info also helps with other small things that occur. and I cant leave. ... But yes , take your time, enjoy the roses, coffee whatever, it will pass, I just think, as long as you keep sending , they will keep taking , and its longer to the end, but its your call.
        I kept doing that, for nearly 10 years... paying 30 then they push so 40.... push a bit more until it was 50.then I came to retirement, and they knew it.. thats when i found on here, and with encouragement I stopped paying altogether, 2 years of them getting nothing , eventually court action and an F&F ,,,,they gone now and I have some trees to burn yet,,

you ll be fine... SB x
        If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Thank SB I look forward to seeing you around on here...

Comment

Well just an update really.... It's all gone suspiciously quiet here which is actually rather frustrating! I am still waiting for responses and in some cases acknowledgements to some of my CCA requests. In the meantime since taking control back from SC I have done a revised I&E which is more realistic and has resulted in substantial drops to my payments. Just doing this (which has been agreed by the majority of my creditors) has made me feel much happier and in control of things. I've put a stop on 3 payments which have been deemed UE which I'm wary of doing but we'll see what happens...

I have also put in formal complaints about the accounts that still show on my credit files and am trying/hoping to get defaults added and backdated to when I first entered my DMP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can achieve this... Anyone had any success with this?

Comment

Originally posted by AllTheHelp View Post
              It's all gone suspiciously quiet here which is actually rather frustrating! I am still waiting for responses and in some cases acknowledgements to some of my CCA requests.
              When things go quiet that's not a bad thing.

I know it's frustrating because I sense you want to get this all sorted and put out of your mind, but it's a journey which will have bumps in the road and moments of triumph, but you'll get there in the end - we all do.

I'm not going to comment on the default date issue because my attitude is 'less is more' when it comes to dealing with creditors and/or debt purchasers.

So, for example, if you query a default date and make it a formal complaint then you're encouraging the creditor to look closely at your file. If by doing that they see they may have made an error with a Default Notice etc then they may try to remedy that error which is exactly what you don't want.

If you find yourself on the receiving end of a court claim (let's hope not) then you want them to have made errors since that may be part of your Defence.

The hardest habit to break is communicating with your creditors when it's not necessary or essential.

I'm glad things are quiet - nothing suspicious about that. Enjoy

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I'm not going to comment on the default date issue because my attitude is 'less is more' when it comes to dealing with creditors and/or debt purchasers.

So, for example, if you query a default date and make it a formal complaint then you're encouraging the creditor to look closely at your file. If by doing that they see they may have made an error with a Default Notice etc then they may try to remedy that error which is exactly what you don't want.

If you find yourself on the receiving end of a court claim (let's hope not) then you want them to have made errors since that may be part of your Defence.

Di
                I have to totally agree with Di and all advice on here. I too have found errors and conflicts with Barclaycard and Virgin (MBNA). In the short time I have posted I have realised their cock-ups are our advantage. And it is tough not hearing or responding. Enjoy the quiet.

Comment

Thank you for the above advise... Yes, I guess I need to get used to the quiet but it is strange... and I know I am impatient and need to accept its a marathon not a sprint!

Hope I've not made an error by complaining to try and get a backdated default... hopefully not as I wrote to the original creditors not the current DCA. And i'm paying them at the moment and have done for years... Anyway, its done now so fingers crossed!

Meanwhile I'll try and get used to the quiet.... As long as its not the calm before the storm!

Comment

On one of mine, there is a really big cock up in the fact that they have the wrong creditor name against one of the debts (so the debt is non existent, in theory). I've not told them that! On my debts, it's very quiet!

Check out my diary. I started my journey last February, so it's still early days for me. One of my smaller ones has been written off and I'm hopeful that possibly three others will go the same way as I've informed them that they were sold while in dispute, but it really is a waiting game.

There is only one of mine that the creditor has found enforceable but even that one is quiet at the moment (I offered a settlement offer to them which they turned down so have not communicated with them since (and no payment). It really is a waiting game, so you do need a bit of patience.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                      On one of mine, there is a really big cock up in the fact that they have the wrong creditor name against one of the debts (so the debt is non existent, in theory). I've not told them that! On my debts, it's very quiet!

Check out my diary. I started my journey last February, so it's still early days for me. One of my smaller ones has been written off and I'm hopeful that possibly three others will go the same way as I've informed them that they were sold while in dispute, but it really is a waiting game.

There is only one of mine that the creditor has found enforceable but even that one is quiet at the moment (I offered a settlement offer to them which they turned down so have not communicated with them since (and no payment). It really is a waiting game, so you do need a bit of patience.
                      Thank you! And I know you are right... It's a case of I need to retrain my brain from the fear mentality that I've had for the past 8+ years. Previously at the first contact from them I would respond and "do as I was told" (for want of a better description). I'm now trying to take control of the situation and with that comes learning to respond or not when I want to (or need to) and learn to ignore them and realising/believing that actually other than nasty letters there's not an awful lot they can do.... Especially as so far none of them have actually been proved enforceable! I have two that say they are but Niddy says they're not but other than that no one has sent me any sort of proper response. Hopefully I'll get there slowly....

Comment

Feeling a bit fed up today.... I wrote to the DCA's and original creditors about the debts showing as DM/AR on my credit reference file as was hoping to get them to add backdated defaults as I do very much feel they should have been defaulted along with my other accounts when I first started my DMP. Anyway I received a response that on one of the accounts that they can't do that and that because my payment has now been decreased due to current circumstances that they will default the account in due course. I really didn't want any fresh defaults on my file now - not so many years after starting my DMP. I know that I shouldn't be bothered by it but I can't help it.... It's left me feeling very flat instead of positive about being proactive and managing it all myself

Comment

Feeling a bit fed up today.... I wrote to the DCA's and original creditors about the debts showing as DM/AR on my credit reference file as was hoping to get them to add backdated defaults as I do very much feel they should have been defaulted along with my other accounts when I first started my DMP. Anyway I received a response that on one of the accounts that they can't do that and that because my payment has now been decreased due to current circumstances that they will default the account in due course. I really didn't want any fresh defaults on my file now - not so many years after starting my DMP. I know that I shouldn't be bothered by it but I can't help it.... It's left me feeling very flat instead of positive about being proactive and managing it all myself
                          You've no need to feel fed up. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day

You've started your journey but you haven't reach your destination. For most of the forum members this takes or has taken six years to Statute Barred or with any luck some accounts will get closed and/or written off along the way. The important thing is to get started and you have!

The Defaults on your file are not really important at this stage since I doubt you'll be applying for new credit in the immediate future. If they've got it wrong then they've got it wrong and you can work on getting things tidied up at a later date.

Di

Comment

I thought I would just pop in with a quick update on whats been happening this last month... It's been fairly quiet overall. A number of my reduced payments have been accepted which has been a huge relief and it feels good not to have such a high commitment every month. I have received a further three CA's which I have forwarded to Niddy and am awaiting his response. Idem are requesting that I contact them to discuss my I&E form but I'm not feeling like doing that so have just made the lower payments accordingly and we will see what transpires. This month is the first month that I have missed payments to two of my UE debts so it will be interesting what response I receive... Hope everything is going well for everyone else

Comment

Hi all, just wanted to stop by as I haven't done an update recently....

I'm still plodding along but must confess I've not been as on the ball recently with all this as got quite comfortable with the greatly reduced payments that I have been making. Now, however, I want to make further inroads. I have one debt where they have not responded to my CCA request from last summer (I know - should have dealt with that before now!) so am thinking that I will contact them and tell them that I am not making any further payments until such time as they supply the requested information. One of those things that I'm apprehensive about doing though!

On the plus side I managed to save up enough to do two F&F's on two of my outstanding debts so they are now gone :-)

I also have two debts that I have been told by Niddy are unenforceable so I really should take the plunge and stop paying those too. Maybe I'll go down that route with the first one and see how I get on rather than leaping in!

Hope its all going well for everyone :-)

Comment

got quite comfortable with the greatly reduced payments that I have been making. Now, however, I want to make further inroads. I have one debt where they have not responded to my CCA request from last summer (I know - should have dealt with that before now!) so am thinking that I will contact them and tell them that I am not making any further payments until such time as they supply the requested information. One of those things that I'm apprehensive about doing though!

. . . I also have two debts that I have been told by Niddy are unenforceable so I really should take the plunge and stop paying those too. Maybe I'll go down that route with the first one and see how I get on rather than leaping in!

Thanks for the update.

I wouldn't write to anyone until you know your legal position first.

Is it possible to clarify which debts you are asking about so accurate suggestions can be made? Simpy quote your thread post with the history, and then add the update at the bottom.

You have two which Niddy has said are unenforceable having seen the credit agreements, and you have one which has not complied with your s 77-79 CCA Request (so that will be unenforceable too).

Looking good

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X