GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Originally posted by Luca View Post
    Can someone help me please.
    After reading this forum I sent off the request under CPUTR to a DCA, I don't want to say who just in case.
    http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...onse-cputr-lip It was something like this one.

Anyway i got back a letter saying please send the fee so again I looked on here and found something to send back. The DCA wrote back saying they had passed it back to the credit card company who then replied that they need the £1 fee. What do I do next, is this enough to show they are being obstructive. When I spoke to the DCA on the phone the bloke was very rude to me demanding why I wasn't paying
    Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    they are mistaking your request for a CCA request, hence the £1 fee. I would in this instance, send a one liner referring them back to your letter. I would NOT be speaking to them on the phone, ever.

might be better if you started a diary, and laid out all your dent, then we can help you work it through
    Like MrsD has said..... best start a diary and we'll take it from there......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Luca View Post
      Can someone help me please.
      After reading this forum I sent off the request under CPUTR to a DCA, I don't want to say who just in case.
      http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...onse-cputr-lip It was something like this one.

Anyway i got back a letter saying please send the fee so again I looked on here and found something to send back. The DCA wrote back saying they had passed it back to the credit card company who then replied that they need the £1 fee. What do I do next, is this enough to show they are being obstructive. When I spoke to the DCA on the phone the bloke was very rude to me demanding why I wasn't paying
      There's a procedure to follow before bringing the CPUTR process into the picture. As said, you will need to start your journey with a CCA request to whoever is currently chasing you for payment which in this case, now seems to be the original creditor. If the DCA have passed it back, there should be no need to get in touch with them now at all unless they write to you again....

:-)
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Having successfully gone down the CPUTR route once again for a friend, please note:

If you require a definitive response from a creditor/DCA re. documentation, account history, etc... then the letter must be headed up as a FORMAL COMPLAINT. If you merely want them to feck off in the early stages and don't care why they do it, then be prepared to be ignored..... as they will have very little to respond with if they can't confirm/deny the existence of the documents and/or information you ask for.

Once matters have reached the solicitor stage, it's not advisable to give them any room for manouvre without having to clarify themselves under CPUTR as part of a formal complaint.

I had a post-2007 debt of over £10K suspended for a friend 2 years ago, due to lack of documentation/unsubstantiated account balance details, etc. We waited for it to be sold before beginning this journey.... as post-2007 debts are more difficult to challenge when they're still with the original creditors. She has since had several much smaller accounts sold to the same DCA but it's taken them a lot longer to do it, as they've seemed "happy" to collect £1 token payments until now.

I will be CCA-ing them on her behalf next week, so we'll see what turns up.
        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Not sure where to put this but thought this thread was as good as any.

I've been helping a friend for a number of years and all's been quiet for ages. She has a number of small post-2007 debts and one huge one, is in a rented property, so no real worries there but as she's very anxious not to get a CCJ in case she needs to move at some point, I've adapted some of my strategies to suit her needs to stop her worrying.

Anyway..... she received a letter before action from a firm of solicitors last month threatening court papers if no payments were forthcoming..... blah, blah. This particular debt is a smallish post-2007 credit card debt with enforceable paperwork, which was eventually sold following months of £1 a month payments. No additional interest/charges were added, so the balance was correct. The solicitors' letter included a blank income/expenditure form which wanted details of everything apart from her underwear colour as well.

My friend decided that she wanted to make a token payment to hold them off, so a letter was sent querying the paperwork that forwarded from the DCA some time ago and requesting amore legible version and if they didn't have it to say so (under CPUTR), etc. We also ignored their income/expenditure and submitted an alternative which was constructed very carefully to leave her in deficit each month.... without telling a direct lie.

She received a letter back this week saying that their client was not able to accept any payment arrangement because she had insufficient funds coming in..... but any token payments would of course be appreciated.... and, the account is on hold.

What a lovely letter!! I was gobsmacked and it takes a lot to get me that way with debt collectors and their solicitors.....

Just thought I would share.....
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

I would frame it, you don't get many letters like that

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              Not sure where to put this but thought this thread was as good as any.

I've been helping a friend for a number of years and all's been quiet for ages. She has a number of small post-2007 debts and one huge one, is in a rented property, so no real worries there but as she's very anxious not to get a CCJ in case she needs to move at some point, I've adapted some of my strategies to suit her needs to stop her worrying.

Anyway..... she received a letter before action from a firm of solicitors last month threatening court papers if no payments were forthcoming..... blah, blah. This particular debt is a smallish post-2007 credit card debt with enforceable paperwork, which was eventually sold following months of £1 a month payments. No additional interest/charges were added, so the balance was correct. The solicitors' letter included a blank income/expenditure form which wanted details of everything apart from her underwear colour as well.

My friend decided that she wanted to make a token payment to hold them off, so a letter was sent querying the paperwork that forwarded from the DCA some time ago and requesting amore legible version and if they didn't have it to say so (under CPUTR), etc. We also ignored their income/expenditure and submitted an alternative which was constructed very carefully to leave her in deficit each month.... without telling a direct lie.

She received a letter back this week saying that their client was not able to accept any payment arrangement because she had insufficient funds coming in..... but any token payments would of course be appreciated.... and, the account is on hold.

What a lovely letter!! I was gobsmacked and it takes a lot to get me that way with debt collectors and their solicitors.....

Just thought I would share.....
              I love to hear things like this!

Who are the solicitors and DCA P1?

Comment

Cabot DCA and Mortimer Clarke solicitors :-)

In fairness to Cabot, I have always found them to be very reasonable..... but that's just my experience. Years ago, when I asked them to take me off their phone database, one of their guys apologised and sorted it. Not sure how others have found them to be though.
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Great thanks P1, I know the names but can't remember if I've had to deal with them over the last few years.

I guess I haven't because I think we all remember the 'bad guys'!

Comment

Working...
                  X