GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letter from 1st credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letter from 1st credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter from 1st credit

got a letter from 1st credit today, the debt will be statute barred in november , could i have your thoughts wether to send CCA request or ignore

letter as follows

Dear sir / madam

LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

Client lloyds tsb
    Debt £11, 467.35
    Client account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We regret the above sum remains outstanding. We now intend to take legal proceedings against you. If successful it may result in :

-Legal costs and interest being charged thereafter;
    -Entry of your name in the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines , making it difficult to obtain Credit in the future

Subsequent failure to make a payment may result in enforcement action:

-An application to your employer for an attachment of earnings;
    -seizure of your assets by a County Court Bailiff;
    -A charging order against your property, (if owned by you)

If you are not resident in England or Wales legal/enforcement action will be in strict accordance with the laws relating to the country of your residence

PLEASE TAKE THIS FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CONTACT

Telephone us on 0843 320 0000 your reference is xxxxxxxx

yours faithfully

we think we have had a couple of letters about the debt at an old address and we recieved a text on our landline phone the other day , otherwise no other communication
    not sure of what the term "intend to take legal action" means as it normally says "may"

the credit card was taken out sometime in the 80s and was renewed every few years last paid in nov 2004

would appreciate your advice
    thanks

Re: letter from 1st credit

if it is SB'd in november you ignore it - send and do nothing!!!

when did you last pay/acknowledge the debt?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

NOVEMBER 2004

Comment

Then it is statute barred this november - jesus they are playing a risky game...

I'd call their bluff, you cannot admit to the debt right now - not a month before the SB date - they are trying to scare and intimidate you - sit tight... see what happens.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks much appreciated
          just checked our old bank statements online and last payment was 28/10/2004

so will ignore for now i will let you know if we get anymore letters

Comment

so it is statute barred 29.10.2010 - only a month, if they issue proceedings do not reply - come here first cos we'll get it delayed til after the 6rs, hehe - the joys of legal matters - they give you time to prepare a defense.... then after the SB date you basically submit the defence citing SB'd as the reason - bingo!

don't stress, just keep us updated yea?

Comment

Love to see a positive result on this one! Not that I'm biased against the fair, straight-dealing and honest, helpful people at 1st Credit of course.

Comment

I do have my fingers crossed for you.......

Comment

thanks nid, i have 6 altogether and all are statute barred by 1st november , i have alot of finger crossing to do

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwithcrap
                    thanks nid, i have 6 altogether and all are statute barred by 1st november , i have alot of finger crossing to do
                    You'll be fine...... the DCA's usually perform a tracer search within the last 30 days "just to see" - so they may write threatening all sorts - you need to send it back (unopened) as addressee unknown - especially as you're soooo close to SB....

And then in November you can say 1 to all the DCA's :aaw

Comment

got a letter today from a company called DHS (debt help solutions) regarding the debt to 1st credit . basically just saying they wanted to help as they hadnt heard from us.

im sorry nid i cant sent the letters back, i need to know what they are doing. you know that saying, keep your friends close and your enemies even closer

also getting alot of calls from fire regarding another debt, thank god for caller display

Comment

Hi - you're 3wks away. Hold fire and on Monday I'll post details of what to do. Me thinks we gotta wait til middle of next week, 15th then send a prove it letter which gives them til 29th which they will miss - ergo by 1st November it'll be officially disputed meaning no formal action can be taken and by the way they gotta give you 14 days notice of intent to submit court action so it'd be impossible for them to do it before statute kicks in.

You've already won so long as your dates are right. When was it defaulted?

Comment

we last paid in the october, how would i check when it defaulted, we moved to spain in the december, (was given some bad advice at the time and loads of crap happened when we was out there) and i always worry about checking my credit record, to be honest it wouldnt make pretty reading, and i read somewhere the DCAs know when you look at them.

Comment

Ok don't worry bout default for now. So you definitely paid in October 2004 - no mistake in that no? Be 100% certain

Comment

def certain. we are still with the same bank, and we have checked all the payments that came out that year and the next.

we was in the process of moving, we had sold our flat, we were planning on paying off the debts with the proceeds in december. the buyer pulled out one week before exchange but we decided to go anyway and rent the place out, that ended up going badly and the house got repossesed so we def had no money anyway to pay them

one of the free debt companies said as we were abroad dont worry about it, made loads of bad decisions at the time, but hopefully things are looking up now

Comment

Working...
                              X