GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letter from 1st credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letter from 1st credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: letter from 1st credit

Right so Rizzle, will you move the relevant posts into a new thread in the relevant section and lets leave this simple basic CCA query as just that!

It is not incorrect info, with a cca request you give them a couple of weeks, then if you read back through my old posts you'll see I generally say to people to sit back and await a response, so this 14 days thing matters little here, ie in unenforceability, as we suggest that people leave it at this point.

I do not want the way our UE diaries etc currently work, to change - this is not even up for discussion. Its the only thing I demand from all users, we have a set process that works and has worked for 4 years and will continue to work!

However yes,, whilst I agree the technical element of the 14 days may concern some users, it should not be done on someones thread like this!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wiggers11 View Post
      ok so they sent me a letter from a named person saying they had received my letter and it had been passed to relevany dept, dated 3rd June, futher letter dated 14 june saying offering me a discount if i called them, is this their official response to my original letter. are they backing off because they dont have the agreement. do i sit tight and wait or do i hassle them, my current situation is that i am not paying them anything and the agreement is a no trace on my credit file,
      I would leave it until they respond to you - that is how we usually work here.

Pointless accepting an offer when you dont even know it the debt is enforceable or not, so i'd be waiting and doing nothing - you're not paying anyway so it changes little!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        Sorry to be pedantic, but the times are very important when building up a case against them.
        Noooooo

This is allaboutDEBT - we do not take cases against anyone! We walk away - lol.

Please lets not forget OUR SITE principles, we never ever ever ever take a lender to court, never! Its not even an option, we walk away - UNLESS a lender takes one of the guys here to court, then we'll go speak to Paul etc and so far the CCA has not been an issue and will remain the case as we do things fine here....... trust me, check the diaries!

This is getting way out of hand now - it will confuse innocent users that are in the middle of their UE journey and I really don't want this to continue here. Lets take it somewhere more private.

Sorry but the diaries are my baby and I am very protective of them

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Noooooo

This is allaboutDEBT - we do not take cases against anyone! We walk away - lol.
          I think Silverback means a 'case' as in making sure you have documented what you have done, and what the creditor has done, and on what timescale, should you need to refer to that later on.

Not literally taking a legal case out against the DCA.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Niddy!

I said Case, not Claim!

i.e. build a Case against them, to Defend a Claim!

Hope that clarifies it. The Poster did ask about when it was safe to assume that they had failed to comply, and he's been given the whole skinny. I think it is relevant, to empower users to know exactly where they stand.

I think it's an important issue, and one that did and does belong on this Thread.

Silverback

Comment

I think it's an important issue, and one that did and does belong on this Thread.
              Agreed.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And I'm not having a go lol. I'm just passionate about the diaries in general and we've not had any issues to be fair.

This is a good and valid discussion which I think we need, moreso to have something set-out showing the legal ramifications and explaining the "days" as per legislation.

But can we move things to a new discussion thread please? That way it's kinda separate until we sort the actual legalities out in a more formal version.

Good plan eh?

Comment

I said Case, not Claim!

i.e. build a Case against them, to Defend a Claim!
                  Doh - my bad (sorry)

Comment

For what it's worth as someone pretty new here, I've always taken the view document for personal use the fact they did not respond within the 12+2 days, but don't do anything further in terms of placing it into dispute etc... You don't need to as it's not really going to change anything. At the end of the day if they come up with the agreement or a recon or whatever they claim is one, then I would look at that if it happens and respond depending on what they produce.

No idea if this fits in with the thinking of this site, but that's the way I've always done it.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                      For what it's worth as someone pretty new here, I've always taken the view document for personal use the fact they did not respond within the 12+2 days, but don't do anything further in terms of placing it into dispute etc... You don't need to as it's not really going to change anything. At the end of the day if they come up with the agreement or a recon or whatever they claim is one, then I would look at that if it happens and respond depending on what they produce.

No idea if this fits in with the thinking of this site, but that's the way I've always done it.
                      Thats the way we do it, ie why push them to come out of default (default of the s.77/78 request) when ignoring them and leaving them to it, means they cannot enforce the debt - yes, we totally advocate that stance

Comment

Originally posted by wiggers11 View Post
                        i answered the phone to them accidentally the other week and informed them i wouldnt discuss anything over the phone with them.
                        Which foreign languages - if any - can you speak?

Comment

Working...
                        X