GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letter from 1st credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letter from 1st credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: letter from 1st credit

sorry do you know the best way of getting a digital signature i take its to stop DCA from falsify an agreement!

Comment

Originally posted by wiggers11 View Post
      sorry do you know the best way of getting a digital signature i take its to stop DCA from falsify an agreement!
      just print your name
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

it was a long time ago its either a cc or an overdraft! cant remember
        Overdrafts are not covered by the CCA, so it would be helpful to find out.

Comment

gosh that ones going to be tough to find out

Comment

if cant find out should i send the cca request anyway? what happens if it is an overdraft and not a cc?

Comment

if cant find out should i send the cca request anyway? what happens if it is an overdraft and not a cc?
              If I was you I'd just send it anyway
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wiggers send the cca request anyway. Then you'll know one way or another....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sign digitally - explained here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...95&postcount=3
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                    Overdrafts are not covered by the CCA, so it would be helpful to find out.
                    Does anything cover overdrafts?

And what happened to the original poster? Was the debt written off?

Mick

Comment

it fell off my credit file last year so not sure whether lloyds tsb has written it off.

on the cca, i notice from their letter 1st credit address is a PO box, do i send it rec delivery there or to their registered company address?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
                        Does anything cover overdrafts?
                        Nope, its informal (formal to the bank but informal lending) so when you sign and agree, that's that i'm afraid!

Obviously it's covered under the Ombudsman if you have problems, but it cannot be used like other types of credit by utilising the CCA......

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
                        And what happened to the original poster? Was the debt written off?
                        Unknown, he's not been back for a while......

Comment

it fell off my credit file last year so not sure whether lloyds tsb has written it off.

on the cca, i notice from their letter 1st credit address is a PO box, do i send it rec delivery there or to their registered company address?
                          Send to the PO Box, its fine

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Nope, its informal (formal to the bank but informal lending) so when you sign and agree, that's that i'm afraid!

Obviously it's covered under the Ombudsman if you have problems, but it cannot be used like other types of credit by utilising the CCA......

Unknown, he's not been back for a while......
                            Hi,

thanks for your advice, i sent a cca request letter rec delivery on the 1st June, I got a letter back dated the 3rd of june from 1st credit saying that they were dealing with it, it is now the 16th June and i have not received anything further from them. what happens now, am i off the hook, do i need to do anything more??

Comment

Hello Wiggers11!

Please see: The Consumer Credit Act 1974

They are allowed 12 Working Days starting from the day after they received it. But to that you need to allow +2 Working Days to allow for Service via 1st Class Post.

Indeed, I'd allow +4 Working Days to allow for Service via 2nd Class Post, before having a toot at them. Just to be sure.

KEEP THE ENVELOPE in relation to anything they send to you. That will show the Class or type of Post they used.

Indeed, KEEP ALL ENVELOPES from now on! Trust me on this.

Thus, it works like this:

01 June 2011 Day-X Wednesday - Sent Recorded, assume Next Day delivery.
                              02 June 2011 Day-0 Thursday - Assume Delivered
                              03 June 2011 Day-1 Friday
                              04 June 2011 Day-X Saturday - Not a Working Day
                              05 June 2011 Day-X Sunday - Not a Working Day
                              06 June 2011 Day-2 Monday
                              07 June 2011 Day-3 Tuesday
                              08 June 2011 Day-4 Wednesday
                              09 June 2011 Day-5 Thursday
                              10 June 2011 Day-6 Friday
                              11 June 2011 Day-X Saturday - Not a Working Day
                              12 June 2011 Day-X Sunday - Not a Working Day
                              13 June 2011 Day-7 Monday
                              14 June 2011 Day-8 Tuesday
                              15 June 2011 Day-9 Wednesday
                              16 June 2011 Day-10 Thursday <-- Today when you asked this!
                              17 June 2011 Day-11 Friday
                              18 June 2011 Day-X Saturday - Not a Working Day
                              19 June 2011 Day-X Sunday - Not a Working Day
                              20 June 2011 Day-12 Monday - Time's up, but allow +2 WD for 1st Class Post
                              21 June 2011 1st Class Postal Day 1 Tuesday
                              22 June 2011 1st Class Postal Day 2 Wednesday - Now Time is UP via 1st Class!
                              23 June 2011 2nd Class Postal Day 3 Thursday - overdue from here allowing for 1st Class! This is the usual allowance.
                              24 June 2011 2nd Class Postal Day 4 Friday - Now Time is UP via 2nd Class!
                              25 June 2011 Day-X Saturday - Not a Working Day
                              26 June 2011 Day-X Sunday - Not a Working Day
                              27 June 2011 Day-XX Monday - Safe from here to moan that they are in default of your request.

You can moan at them from the 22nd June, but it's not worth getting excited about, the key is to watch the dates, and to know from when they are in default.

Thus, from 22nd June, for as long as they remain in default of the request, they are constrained from taking enforcement action because of CCA s78(6) if a Running Account Credit Agreement, or CCA s77(4) if a Fixed Sum Credit Agreement, or CCA s79(3) if a Hire Agreement.

I'm assuming in all of this, that the Agreement is still live and the request was made whilst the Agreement was still live.

I hope this helps.

Silverback
                              Last edited by Silverback; 16 June 2011, 18:53. Reason: Typoooo

Comment

thanks for the info very helpful, allows me to understand better the process.

however.. had an unexpected letter from 1st credit this morning reading as follows:

"we are writing to inform you that we have been monitoring your credit activity with one of the credit reference agencies

we have received recent notification which suggests that your financial position has changed and we would like to review the status of your account with 1st credit

please contact us on the telephone number above within the next 7 days so that one of our agents can review your account and understand your current financial situation.

if you contact us within the next 7 days we may be able to offer you a full and final settlement where you will be given an attractive discount against your current balance outstanding.

we look forward to hearing from you"

why the sudden change in tone, 2 weeks ago they were ready to take me to court??

Comment

Working...
                                X