GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letter from 1st credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letter from 1st credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: letter from 1st credit

You'll be fine. I'll reply tomorrow. What date exactly did u last pay? If u have statements.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

28/10/2004

this was the last payment to this particular debt and was one of the last ones we paid,

Comment

Cheers y
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i have just received a similar lettter saying that they are intending to take legal proceedings blah blah blah as well as receiving a letter "notice of assigment of debt".

my story is that i defaulted on this agreement in 2004, at the time i agreed a payment plan with connaught collections, i kept paying up until 2010 when i had to stop paying due to financial woes.i heard nothing about it until last week when 1st credit started writing to me and phoning me demanding money.

is there anything i can do to counter their action and is there a realistic prospect of them taking legal action. the original default has fallen off my credit file.

any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Well as you kept paying there is no prospect of statute barred for the next few years.

I'd be looking to agree reduced payments or at least get the cca!

Comment

thanks for the info, if they cannot produce the cca then i understand the debt is unenforcable is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by wiggers11 View Post
                thanks for the info, if they cannot produce the cca then i understand the debt is unenforcable is that correct?
                Yes until such time they do find/create on. It's an indefinite thingy really...

Comment

Just send off the cca; they cannot take action against you whilst there is a lawful s.78 outstanding.....

Comment

is it worth waiting until they send me a stat demand and then send off the cca or send it off now ?

Comment

Originally posted by wiggers11 View Post
                      is it worth waiting until they send me a stat demand and then send off the cca or send it off now ?
                      No you must do it now before anything legal MAY occur. They cannot start legal action for a ccj if you have a s.78 outstanding.

Send one ASAP - found in our template letters thread (on phone so can't link you I'm afraid)!

Regards your debt, who is the lender and the balance?

Comment

thanks, will do, the original lender was lloyds tsb and the dca is 1st credit (read loads of bad sh*t about them on the net) balance is about 5k

Comment

Link ---> CCA Request

What is the debt for by the way? Loan, credit card, or overdraft?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            No you must do it now before anything legal MAY occur. They cannot start legal action for a ccj if you have a s.78 outstanding.

Send one ASAP - found in our template letters thread (on phone so can't link you I'm afraid)!

Regards your debt, who is the lender and the balance?
                            CCA Request
                            If you can't find it here the link good luck
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                              Link ---> CCA Request

What is the debt for by the way? Loan, credit card, or overdraft?
                              You beat me to it

Comment

it was a long time ago its either a cc or an overdraft! cant remember

Comment

Working...
                                X