GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on - now SIX years

Spud- was thinking that too . Can't wait

Comment

• 7 years now and I have my life back...
      I am even wondering whether it is worth seeing if I ever did take out PPI (I am 99.9% sure I didn't but really I have nothing to lose in checking). It really is bizarre though, to get unsolicited credit card offers through the post from companies who I had UE cards with... No, I haven't taken them up on their offers!
      Spud, Spent2Much and everyone else, hang on in there, it is worth the wait. It is a hellish wait but it is worth it.
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

• so good to hear... congratulations
        If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

• Congratulations, Its good to see people reaching the finishing post. I think you will need to forget the PPI as there have been tv adverts saying claims needed to be in by the end of August, and after that no claims would be allowed.
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

• Originally posted by Susie View Post
            Congratulations, Its good to see people reaching the finishing post. I think you will need to forget the PPI as there have been tv adverts saying claims needed to be in by the end of August, and after that no claims would be allowed.
            No no! It's 29 August 2019 - plenty of time.

Comment

• Yep, there is nearly a year to claim.. and it would rather be icing on the cake... but to be honestly I am sure I have always refused any kind of PPI so it probably isnt there!
              Niddified and proud!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

No no! It's 29 August 2019 - plenty of time.
                Originally posted by MustGetStraigh View Post
                Yep, there is nearly a year to claim.. and it would rather be icing on the cake... but to be honestly I am sure I have always refused any kind of PPI so it probably isnt there!
                Ah, I need to watch adverts more closely instead of skipping over them!
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

• i only had one on mine for ppi and i think i had already claimed that before i started UE route which they had deducted from CC. but they already deemed account as UE when i started the UE route anyways (welcome to HBOS take over) lol

or was it something else i had claimed at the time from them. unsure i think it was the yearly £20 protection cpp
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Clueless24 My Journey.

Today I received a letter that I needed some help with so I updated my diary and asked away, as always the response was helpful, but it got me thinking about my journey and how far I have come. I am hoping that for those just starting their journey it will give you hope and to tell you there is light at the end of the very dark tunnel.

It was 2010 a cold Autumnal day and I was sat at the table in the dining room gazing out the window with the paperwork in front of me to apply for bankruptcy, on the other side of the table was a glass of water and a mound of tablets that I was about to take.....I was faced with debts of 43k+ and absolutely no hope of being able to pay them. The debts had accrued because both myself and my husband had some serious health issues and we were desperately trying to keep the business going, when the cash run out I used the credit cards and it snowballed from there, we took a massive hit on the business and had to walk away with nothing, we lost everything.

I really had reached the end I could no longer cope with the volume of phone calls and the reams of paper from various debt collectors threatening all manner of things and I just didn't know what to do next, ending my life seemed the only way out.

I had been to the CAB and it was they who advised bankruptcy, I sought help from another well known site but I am sorry to say what they were advising was never going to help.

A message in my inbox (from my now life saver) said have a look at AAD, my plea's were desperate because I was. The response was immediate and after lots of messages back and fourth from Niddy and the team I put away the tablets and got out all the paperwork and set about sending everything to Niddy. At times I must have driven everyone crazy with all the questions, I was not technically minded so even scanning documents was a challenge, with Niddy's, Sheps and If's help I began my journey. In those early days they really did have to hold my hand and take me through step by step and I am so grateful to everyone that helped and supported me.

That day I sent out CCA requests to all of my creditors and a letter asking them not to phone, within the week the calls all stopped and life was a little more managable. I had taken to not leaving the house for fear of bailifs and a sense of shame, I looked guilty and felt so guilty so I thought that everyone would know what had happened, so I hid away for months, not able to face the world.

Years one and two were the hardest with lots of activity but each time I received a letter I would just update my diary and ask for assistance and opinion, it was always right there. Years three, four, five and for the most part year six too have all been relatively quiet and today I am only being pursued by one DC. All of my debts have passed the SB date and I am now just playing the waiting game before I tell them it's been seven years since the default date or that I paid anything to anyone.

My life is so very different today I have no debts, no credit cards or loans I don't owe anyone anything. If I want something I save up and buy it. I owe my life to Niddy and the team and I will be eternally grateful to all those that helped me along the way and continue to be there for me if I need them.

So to all those beginning their journey have hope, take control and deal with the letters and calls, take back your life. Niddy and the team will be there for you.

To all those that have helped and supported me I literally owe you my life, the words thank you are not enough to tell you how grateful I am. I am here today and alive because of AAD.

Please feel free to move if I have posted in the wrong place.

Comment

• That's so great to hear, congratulations on becoming SB and debt free. I am just starting out on UE and still have a long way to go but hope to be where you are in 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
                        Clueless24 My Journey.

Today I received a letter that I needed some help with so I updated my diary and asked away, as always the response was helpful, but it got me thinking about my journey and how far I have come. I am hoping that for those just starting their journey it will give you hope and to tell you there is light at the end of the very dark tunnel.

It was 2010 a cold Autumnal day and I was sat at the table in the dining room gazing out the window with the paperwork in front of me to apply for bankruptcy, on the other side of the table was a glass of water and a mound of tablets that I was about to take.....I was faced with debts of 43k+ and absolutely no hope of being able to pay them. The debts had accrued because both myself and my husband had some serious health issues and we were desperately trying to keep the business going, when the cash run out I used the credit cards and it snowballed from there, we took a massive hit on the business and had to walk away with nothing, we lost everything.

I really had reached the end I could no longer cope with the volume of phone calls and the reams of paper from various debt collectors threatening all manner of things and I just didn't know what to do next, ending my life seemed the only way out.

I had been to the CAB and it was they who advised bankruptcy, I sought help from another well known site but I am sorry to say what they were advising was never going to help.

A message in my inbox (from my now life saver) said have a look at AAD, my plea's were desperate because I was. The response was immediate and after lots of messages back and fourth from Niddy and the team I put away the tablets and got out all the paperwork and set about sending everything to Niddy. At times I must have driven everyone crazy with all the questions, I was not technically minded so even scanning documents was a challenge, with Niddy's, Sheps and If's help I began my journey. In those early days they really did have to hold my hand and take me through step by step and I am so grateful to everyone that helped and supported me.

That day I sent out CCA requests to all of my creditors and a letter asking them not to phone, within the week the calls all stopped and life was a little more managable. I had taken to not leaving the house for fear of bailifs and a sense of shame, I looked guilty and felt so guilty so I thought that everyone would know what had happened, so I hid away for months, not able to face the world.

Years one and two were the hardest with lots of activity but each time I received a letter I would just update my diary and ask for assistance and opinion, it was always right there. Years three, four, five and for the most part year six too have all been relatively quiet and today I am only being pursued by one DC. All of my debts have passed the SB date and I am now just playing the waiting game before I tell them it's been seven years since the default date or that I paid anything to anyone.

My life is so very different today I have no debts, no credit cards or loans I don't owe anyone anything. If I want something I save up and buy it. I owe my life to Niddy and the team and I will be eternally grateful to all those that helped me along the way and continue to be there for me if I need them.

So to all those beginning their journey have hope, take control and deal with the letters and calls, take back your life. Niddy and the team will be there for you.

To all those that have helped and supported me I literally owe you my life, the words thank you are not enough to tell you how grateful I am. I am here today and alive because of AAD.

Please feel free to move if I have posted in the wrong place.
                        I am so glad that this site and the team made a difference for you, I am also glad you are here with us to give hope to others that may be wavering, Bless you, enjoy your life xx
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• That is great, i sat there one day with 'Bankruptcy papers' filled out - i just shredded all that document for Jan 2018 now a big clear out and peace of mind is priceless...........Life is Priceless Creditors/Credit aren't Priceless, your Home Family is Priceless!
                          'Deep conversations with the right people are pricless'

Comment

• Its great to hear success stories. I only had one big debt but its a horrible feeling when you have been brought up to believe debts should be paid regardless. Its more than that though. We don t fall into these huge debt holes on purpose. I am so pleased you have climbed out of the hole, I have, and now I m helping my daughter with her credit cards and I like to hang on here to read and comment if I can. Its an amazing site and unique I think.
                            If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

• Totally agree, for years I had sleepless nights, worried sick, and yet with the help of Niddy and this site I am now debt free. Not only that but mortgage is now paid and I can live at last.
                              AAD is brilliant, don't know how I would have survived without the help from everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                                Totally agree, for years I had sleepless nights, worried sick, and yet with the help of Niddy and this site I am now debt free. Not only that but mortgage is now paid and I can live at last.
                                AAD is brilliant, don't know how I would have survived without the help from everyone.
                                Here here! It is amazing how life-changing it is when you complete the UE journey. I could never have done it without this site and the people on it.
                                Niddified and proud!

Comment

Working...
                                X