GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE - One year on

Ah well -- let battle commence--- again.

Ours is now just past the four year anniversary, 2 years battling alone but paying in full till stalemate with Barclaycard. 2 years ago we stopped paying after they had acted unlawfully and refused to come to the table to negotiate the damages and compensation for further criminally trying to wilfully damage my health. Instructed solicitors at that point who declared all accounts UE and told BC to go to court.

16DCAs and 3 solicitors practices later we now join the Leeds Lowlife Club this week with one account (the smallest of four-- they were a bit short and couldn't pay for the others so far-- perhaps BC have them on a pound a month). Fired off the first salvo of bugger-off specials which they signed for this morning. Too frightened to speak in person, they sent a recorded message to our landline and it was the service provider who called us to tell us there was a message.

Selling (NoA came this week) to this bunch confirms absolutely UE. COME IN NUMBER 17 YOUR TIME IS UP!!

Garlok

Comment

I'm just about at the 2 year anniversary of my defaults - most were Nov 09. I've got 2 that are enforceable and I'm making monthly payments on those, the 4 others I ceased paying over a year ago.

OH has 3, all UE.

The barrage of letters gets less and less and the accounts get passed from DCA to DCA, who after a few Niddy letters, give up and it goes to another...

I'm actually surprised that no-one has attempted court so far on mine (although they did on one of my husband's and that was a small debt compared) and I'm just hoping that the longer it goes on the less likely...

Only one has actually been sold on to a DCA and that's my biggest - if they ever try anything then I'll try a F&F knowing that they probably only paid 10% for it.

I'm wondering at what point the others will actually write off and sell their debts on?

I don't wnat to think where we'd be if we hadn't found Niddy and AAD. We were at our wits' end. Today it's a different story
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Mmm just pondering. Most of my defaults are now 2 years old. At what point do companies give up and write things off - do they ever? - so far only one debt has actually been sold on. The rest get handed from DCA to DCA.
        Niddified and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
          Mmm just pondering. Most of my defaults are now 2 years old. At what point do companies give up and write things off - do they ever? - so far only one debt has actually been sold on. The rest get handed from DCA to DCA.
          They don't give up, they keep coming but you just keep batting them away - think fly swatting, kill one fine - but the eggs will hatch and that 1 soon becomes more... same treatment will eventually kill em off once and for all, in your case at SB - 6 yrs later
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            They don't give up, they keep coming but you just keep batting them away - think fly swatting, kill one fine - but the eggs will hatch and that 1 soon becomes more... same treatment will eventually kill em off once and for all, in your case at SB - 6 yrs later
            Thanks Niddy. Thank goodness we have extra-strong flyswats on this website!
            Niddified and proud!

Comment

All quiet this end...... 3 years this month.... get the odd letter now & then......just another 3 years to goooooooooooooo
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                Thanks Niddy. Thank goodness we have extra-strong flyswats on this website!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Funny though they're all green and a red one. l

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    All quiet this end...... 3 years this month.... get the odd letter now & then......just another 3 years to goooooooooooooo
                    That's good to know. I live in hope that they will just fade into the distance and only write the odd letter in vague hope.
                    Niddified and proud!

Comment

• Re: UE - One year on

Well........I'm only 6months in from using this site. LOVE IT!

I'm calmer about the postie's arrival - don't jump/sigh when the phone rings. Just wished I'd found it sooner. The wasted time i spent trying to hide from it and worry.

I've 2yrs 5months to go til all my defaults drop off (July 2008 was a sh*tty month huh!). Thanks to this site it'll be a breeze!

X

Comment

I know what you mean.It used to get to me with the phone calls and letters.Not knowing really what to do or how you should handle these intrusions.
                        Then I found AAD and I am a changed person.I no longer get upset at the DCA shyte.
                        With Niddys experience and tenacity and he just never gives in,taught me to face up to all this debt crap.
                        GM

Comment

I'm coming up to the 4th anniversary of sending off my first CCA request. At the time though, I felt pretty much alone.

My only regret is that I didn't go for UE completely back then. I had a DMP going and only used the CCA requests to put them back in their box when creditors or DCAs got snotty.

My suggestion to anyone who's contemplating the UE route is to take it on 100% from the start, put up with the initial onslaught, then watch a lot of your troubles simply fade away.

This forum has been marvellous for me, as you get to realise what a bunch of s DCAs are, and that their threats and posturing invariably never amount to much.

I've found letter ping-pong can be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
                            My suggestion to anyone who's contemplating the UE route is to take it on 100% from the start, put up with the initial onslaught, then watch a lot of your troubles simply fade away.
                            And that quote should be seared onto the retinas of any visitor to this site who's contemplating UE. Including mine!

Comment

Morning all

I noticed earlier that it's now been 2 years since i started my UE journey.

After the initial flurry of letters, it has gradually quietened down to the point where 3 of them haven't contacted me for a year or more.

The 2 that have quickly crawl back under their stone after getting the letters from this site.

Anyone doubting UE, it works, it isn't easy but it does get easier with time. I'm almost missing replying to the letters these days.

And to my shock i applied for a credit card a while back and got accepted.

So, the best of luck to you all whether you're just starting or part way through your UE journey.

Comment

No pain no gain eh?
                                GM

Comment

Working...
                                X