GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE - One year on

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
    Well not any more, I even answer the door now, well once I've looked to see who it is

Today is my first anniversary of starting UE - and it's been quite a year!!

However, I certainly feel a lot more positive than I did a year ago. I can laugh at the letters (well, most of them) that the dcas send with their capital letters and overdose of red ink.

I got rid of my landline, not because of the phone calls (I let the answerphone get most of them) but because I was cutting costs. Why pay for something that I hardly ever used? But I must admit that it's nice not having to put up with the constant barrage of phone calls that I was getting.

This forum has been a lifesaver for me - the laughs are a real antidote to the dcas threats. Most importantly, you realise that you're not alone and you're not the scum that some would have you believe.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks to Allan I am so pleased he is feeling better about his life. I am starting on same UE route so let me see what the journey brings.
      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

I've only just found this thread too.

I too followed Mouseanns thread on the other site which made me start on the UE road. I'd been paying into a DMP for a long time, struggling to even make their payment as my business was failing, and I was always greeted by the happy news on their website that I would be debt free by 2037, hellI might be dead by then !!

What I hate is the way the banks/dca's hound you, you'd get less grief for commiting a crime it felt to me.

Now 1 year and 3 months on the letters have slowed right down, and that's thanks to Nids and everyone on here who's helped and advised me.

I must admit I still have that "Oh no, now what" feeling when a letter from one of them drops on the doormat (funny how you can recognise their envelopes) but it's nothing like it was before because now we've got this site to help us.

I changed my phone number too because I wouldn't answer the phone, and that was just ridiculous as my Mum's not a young woman any more/the children may have needed me, so I needed to be able to answer the phone in my own house for god's sake. That's what they had reduced me too, cowering away in my own house.

Well not any more, I even answer the door now, well once I've looked to see who it is

Someone knocked rather forcibly on the door today, I peeked round the corner of the room I was in and it was some bloke in a suit. I thought it was Jehovas so ignored, however the Mrs was looking out from the upstairs window and apparently he walked away, then took a backwards glance at our house, then carried on walking without knocking on any of the other houses.

Now that I don't like.

Comment

Someone knocked rather forcibly on the door today, I peeked round the corner of the room I was in and it was some bloke in a suit. I thought it was Jehovas so ignored, however the Mrs was looking out from the upstairs window and apparently he walked away, then took a backwards glance at our house, then carried on walking without knocking on any of the other houses.

Now that I don't like.
          Just ignore, they have no rights - I mean NONE!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

to-day is our one year anniversary, and it has been quite a bloody year, but a big improvement on the one before thanks to Niddy and the fabulous peeps on here, we are very lucky!!!

only 4 more to go....................

Comment

14 mths in now - 46 58 mths to go!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                to-day is our one year anniversary, and it has been quite a bloody year, but a big improvement on the one before thanks to Niddy and the fabulous peeps on here, we are very lucky!!!

only 4 more to go....................
                You're soooo lucky with the 5 years as opposed to 6. It's times like this I wish I lived in Scotland!!! (But I couldn't cope with the weather!!).
                Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  without this and making many friends at the sametime it wouldv'e been 152+ mths or more on DMP

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                    Daft twat for paying then eh?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                      You're soooo lucky with the 5 years as opposed to 6. It's times like this I wish I lived in Scotland!!! (But I couldn't cope with the weather!!).
                      Nooo Scotland is stricter, tougher laws and different laws.

Trust me, you're better being down south

Comment

thank you cassandra!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Daft twat for paying then eh?
                          i Reduced my payments as i thought that it was unfair for them to charge interest more than what i was paying - so thought fook them , then Stopped making payment as never knew of UE @thetime, otherwise i would've done it ages ago - but alas 1/4 way in, and life is better than last year or than the other years!! less pains in my chest, proper sleep, and less bleeding rain forest through my door

Comment

just over a year for my one and ayear for my other in august well done you and us
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Anyone else got a debt free birthday coming up then? Care to share your views....

Comment

I wish I'd found this site years ago! I've been struggling with DCAs, and their associated law firms since 2008. I'm not proud of the situation that I'm in but reading the posts I'm relieved to have found this site as it has no signs of people judging others - just an atmosphere of people helping others.

I've learnt how to survive on no credit and still managed to keep my home. Like the original post says - you honestly feel like you're the only one struggling but of course you aren't.

My credit file is shot to pieces but i no longer feel that that makes me a "bad person."

Great site, lovely people and finally I feel like I'm heading in a better direction

X

Comment

Working...
                                X