GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE - One year on

Originally posted by I Love Crisps View Post
    Great post and thanks to all on here, especially Niddy of course, the fella deserves a knighthood! best of luck to everyone as we carry on through the year...

You been drinking too much stella matey
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

that is so Nid but if it were not for you ..................................i rest my case
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its good to see that there is hope a year on for all that started the UE movement
        Last edited by kilasuit; 2 June 2011, 01:06. Reason: ERRRMMM I SCREWD UP
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          Its good to see that there is hope a year on for all that started the UE movement
          Here Here
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I realise I've just passed my first anniversary. Most of my defaults are from November 09 but I only started the UE process in June of last year.

I can honestly say it's changed everything - apart from the stress (with hindsight I don't think I was far off breaking down completely in 2009), the support and information I've gained from this forum has been immense.

We have a few debts that are enforceable, and those we are paying off but being able to bat away the UE ones has given us breathing space. We have only had one DCA go the legal route (think they were just chancing it).

If I had time I'd love one day to go through one of the cc debts and work out how much of that relates to charges/interest - I would imagine it's a high proportion.

When the shite hit the fan in 2009 with husband's redundancy, we did explain our situation to all our debtors. All they did was pile on the charges and start the DCAs on us. Never mind that some of those cards were up to 20 years old and we'd up til then been model customers. So I have no sympathy for them.

Thanks Niddy and everyone on here. You're all fabulous.
            Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
            SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

This is amazing. I have read with some interest your comments MGS. There are an enormous number of us out here, who out of self respect and pride, tried to talk to our creditors when we hit problems in an effort to sort them out.

That to boot is the advice from the likes of CAB and the debt charities and sadly some consumer forums as well. When you do talk reasonably to them they set the dogs on you with a vengenance. You are either then left with a black and white situation, fight or capitulate. From our own bitter experiences I would always advise now NEVER reveal any problem or weakness to your creditor exhaust all other avenues first.

I am glad that you took up cudgels. You are not on your own.

regards
              Garlok

Comment

Thanks Garlok.

Trouble is, when things were at their worst, I had no idea that this kind of help existed. Did eventually get CCCS involved but that was after some months. Not long after that we got defaulted on everything.

I wish I'd been more clued up on UE etc back then, would have kept better records of the never-ending phone calls, for one, and would have been far better at dealing with the DCAs and not letting them bully me. I had no idea I didn't need to be at their mercy.
                Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

& now you've been "niddified"

I still think Phoenix vs the monster is the best. Little lady with stick vs giant hairy beast. Guess who won?

Yup, our very own Phoenix!!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

I still think Phoenix vs the monster is the best. Little lady with stick vs giant hairy beast. Guess who won?

hi niddy,
                    Absolutely correct, it was following her diary that made up our minds to try UE, and we were lucky that someone posted where to find you once you left MSE (spit).

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Yes, Niddy!

But I did need to be equipped with enough knowledge to know what my rights were (plus the fact that the DCA didn't really have any!). And no prizes for guessing who gave me those!

He was absolutely ENORMOUS though - as broad as he was long! Although he does get bigger every time I retell this tale! And I am only 5'2", weighing 8 stone. And I was 65 at the time - last year, I am 66 now (unfortunately!) Now, if I could manipulate that figure .....

I was leaning on the stick - a Zimmer frame, actually, having just got back from having my broken hip fixed. So I was really good at piling on the agony - didn't get any sympathy from him, though!

If it had been a stick and I had clobbered him with it - I wish! - I would have probably been the one getting into trouble. Probably would have been worth it, though .....
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Probably would have been worth it, though .....
                        maybe just a bit more than worth it.

enjoyable too no doubt
                        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                          enjoyable too no doubt
                          You know what, I don't doubt she did

Comment

Why have I only just seen this thread ??? - thanks & well done to all.

My story echoes many posted on here and I too would not be here but for the kind soul who posted the link on MSE to Niddy's new place.
                            I thank my lucky stars for stumbling across that 1 year ago.
                            Thank you,Thank you, Thank you, to all who have helped me through this journey but in particular his Nidship!
                            Cherrs Boss!

The fight continues.

PS Hiya Pixie - one year on 5 to go!
                            (we started to fight back on the very same day)
                            Last edited by MattyA; 24 June 2011, 05:31.

Comment

Hiya Matty

We do indeed share the same anniversary

Like a lot of others on here I thought I was doing the right thing by contacting my creditors when I became unemployed but all it did was throw up a red alert to them with them coming down on me like a ton of bricks, not giving me the help I'd asked for (despite, like many others, having been a model client.) CCCS advised bankruptcy and I was just waiting for a tax refund so that I could pay the fee, when I came across Niddy.

I wish that I'd gone for UE sooner but I can't change that. I don't regret my UE journey for a second even though it hasn't all been plain sailing and I'm sure there'll be more rough seas ahead (with the enforceable ones.) However, I know that I can weather them with the help and support I get on this forum.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've only just found this thread too.

I too followed Mouseanns thread on the other site which made me start on the UE road. I'd been paying into a DMP for a long time, struggling to even make their payment as my business was failing, and I was always greeted by the happy news on their website that I would be debt free by 2037, hellI might be dead by then !!

What I hate is the way the banks/dca's hound you, you'd get less grief for commiting a crime it felt to me.

Now 1 year and 3 months on the letters have slowed right down, and that's thanks to Nids and everyone on here who's helped and advised me.

I must admit I still have that "Oh no, now what" feeling when a letter from one of them drops on the doormat (funny how you can recognise their envelopes) but it's nothing like it was before because now we've got this site to help us.

I changed my phone number too because I wouldn't answer the phone, and that was just ridiculous as my Mum's not a young woman any more/the children may have needed me, so I needed to be able to answer the phone in my own house for god's sake. That's what they had reduced me too, cowering away in my own house.

Well not any more, I even answer the door now, well once I've looked to see who it is

Comment

Working...
                                X