GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE - One year on

This is a truly great and inspirational thread! And a bit like "reminiscence therapy" back to the "Mouseann days" on MSE! Can't believe that it is only about 15 months ago when I first posted on there!

I didn't actually know about all the PMs send to Niddy so would like to thank everyone who sent them. I was genuinely scared and frightened about admitting my situation and was so grateful for all the support - even before the practical stuff with Niddy started! I remember sending him my first PM asking for help - it took me so long to get up the courage to approach him (his reputation on MSE had him quite god-like!) and I nearly fainted when his reply arrived in my Inbox! Then I read it and realised that what he suggested was so realistic and how supportive (and human!) he was! Particularly as he spell it out that UE was not an easy option. And the rest, as they say, is history!

I will draw a veil over how SW tried to take me under her wing. I thought at the time she was quite a control freak and was only stating the bleeding obvious in a very patronising way but I gave her the benefit of the doubt - then! I was sorely tempted to tell her that it was money I was short of, not brains - but politeness made me resist! Nuff said - to quote Swanny! And you have just reminded me, Pixie - we did think he was a girl who loved swans!
    Last edited by Phoenix; 13 May 2011, 09:58.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
      Are you joking?!
      Unfortunately! Well I exaggerate slightly, I had about 30 from that particular user plus ten or so others
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've just made this a sticky - it's great for newbies, and current users, to read/post a snapshot of their journey - of course to post is totally voluntary.

If you think you'd like to share your experience with us, good or bad, please feel free to hit the reply button.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Unfortunately! Well I exaggerate slightly, I had about 30 from that particular user plus ten or so others
          Well, I am very touched that the ten or so others took the time to contact you - and grateful, of course! Had no idea that this was happening - mind you I was such a "newbie" that I didn't have a clue about forum protocol. Am absolutely amazed that I didn't offend anyone - or if I did, they didn't actually tell me!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hahahahaha .... after reading this post ... I logged onto MSE.

My FIRST ever PM that I sent was to Niddy!!! Back in December 2009.

Why the blazes did it take me so long to procrastinate (set up a DMP and waste my cash) before, reposting and then LooLoo sent me a PM to join here!!!
            "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

In fairness to your good self, fiscal, all of us here are honest, hardworking people who pay our way in life and believe that if we borrow money, then we should repay it.

This we do for many years without problems. However, sometimes we fall on hard times, for whatever reason, and we approach our creditors and tell them that we are struggling; we hope that they will understand and help us out in our time of need.

But they don't......they completely rip the piss out of us. They add on insurmountable charges and interest, hound us and threaten us with action and beat us to the point of near collapse.

We hope and pray that someone will help us as we can't continue life in this way. If we are unlucky, we find money-grabbing agencies who themselves are only in it to make money out of us (which is the last thing we need) but if we are really lucky, we get "Niddified" and give them back as good as we get.

And that, dear fiscal, is what you, me and many others in our position did.

Here's hoping that others follow our example and fight back; sooner rather than later.
              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I had researched BR as a newbie on 'the other site' back in February last year and I had a PM from someone (can't remember who now - the PM was deleted a long time ago) who suggested UE. I had a look at the UE thread and it looked so complicated (and I'm a supposedly intelligent woman!)

When I lost my job I spent more time on the forum and came across Mouseann's thread. She sounded so lost and down that I posted a reply. I didn't really have any advice as I was very much a newbie at that time but I just wanted to offer her some support.

I often wonder where I would be now if I hadn't posted that reply (even if it did take me a few more months to finally set off on my UE journey!)
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                  When I lost my job I spent more time on the forum and came across Mouseann's thread. She sounded so lost and down that I posted a reply. I didn't really have any advice as I was very much a newbie at that time but I just wanted to offer her some support.

I often wonder where I would be now if I hadn't posted that reply (even if it did take me a few more months to finally set off on my UE journey!)
                  You are quite right, Pixie. I was lost and down - didn't have a clue which way to turn. Had plans for my retirement which went pear-shaped and didn't have a Plan B!

I also wonder where I would be had it not been for Niddy - not to mention the fact that I would have never "met" all you lovely people.

And, as Diddles so rightly says, we found the way to fight back!

Comment

An interesting thread Alland, everyone elses comments & postings on this thread and diaries - congratulation on each success to ALL. Its starting to hurt the Banks NOW as much when it hurts each one of us (Each one of us have a Life , someones Life is more important than being hurt by idle threats, taps on doors which at the other end they never cared in the first place what they were doing (Just one case to mention MBNA)

- Mistakes in lifes happen (a scathed knee can be mended but someones Life can't be). I'm just come over the Hill of 1 year on as well, as many knew or that i was made redundant last year. Everything went down hill from February DMP Cancelled due to that i was unemployed (for 10 months), letters poured in quicker than the trees that can be planted in the Amazon rainforest, in 1 month.

Like everyone says, without 'Niddy' 'this site' as much as everyone who came here. We have bonded, We do have our ups & downs, if its with each other (but thats Nature intended), and we are still here helping each other. As Phoenix says
                    'I also wonder where I would be had it not been for Niddy - not to mention the fact that I would have never "met" all you lovely people'
                    . Another Quote from Evenlessdopey:
                    'Niddy's advice is honest and straightforward, not always polite and not always what some people want to hear but nevertheless sound, informed and carefully considered. We are eternally grateful to have found Niddy and the team here, you've all given us our lives back'
                    MSE - Was the place where i found Niddy sitting 'flicking through his diary schedules at the top of the Pearl Gates!' to give his wise words of wisdom, advice, Help......Where many of his discaples who have followed him, Helping others on the path to Good!

Without them & us, where would we be? at this time last year?

Be Strong, Be Good, Be Happy, Be Niddy!
                    Thank you Niddy n'd ALL

Comment

Hang on guys - lovely to see such comments but this thread isn't about Niddy - its about how you're coping further down the UE route/whether UE has had an effect on you etc etc!

Lets keep it on track please

Comment

Niddy, if I may be so bold........

It isn't just about UE. Lots of companies and websites out there offer you the UE route, with all sorts of promises of debts being "written off " for a "small fee", etc, and as many here have found, (to their cost) many of the claims made by these companies are simply untrue.

No other site offers the support, guidance and bull-shit free advice that this one does, so, as the owner you HAVE to accept some credit for the "year one" results. Results, which I might add, if we had gone to any other company or website to follow this route would probably have been very different.

If you won't accept the credit for this yourself, accept it on behalf of this site!
                        Last edited by diddlydee; 16 May 2011, 07:39.
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post

If you won't accept the credit for this yourself, accept it on behalf of this site!
                          I second that!
                          Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                          SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                            Niddy, if I may be so bold........

It isn't just about UE. Lots of companies and websites out there offer you the UE route, with all sorts of promises of debts being "written off " for a "small fee", etc, and as many here have found, (to their cost) many of the claims made by these companies are simply untrue.

No other site offers the support, guidance and bull-shit free advice that this one does, so, as the owner you HAVE to accept some credit for the "year one" results. Results, which I might add, if we had gone to any other company or website to follow this route would probably have been very different.

Well said, Diddles!

And congratulations on being so bold - makes a nice change for you!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              makes a nice change for you!!!!!

Comment

Great post and thanks to all on here, especially Niddy of course, the fella deserves a knighthood! best of luck to everyone as we carry on through the year...

Comment

Working...
                                X