GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE - One year on

Aaaw this is great reading - can I make a book to get rich help others? (Meeeow)!!

* niddy legs it before getting lynched!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well, there's not much more I can add to this. What a wonderful post, Allan.

I started my UE journey just after Allan, on 1st June last year I sent my first CCA requests off. Hubby eventually followed suit in December.

I can honestly say that without the help and advice of Niddy and his followers, I don't know where we would be. We'd have lost our house, for sure. A year on we are managing to fight off our creditors (except one who's taking OH court action but it may be fightable) and there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel. And whereas the sound of the DCAs' post landing on the mat , and the relentless phone calls would send me panicking (I think, looking back, I was on the verge of depression), now I just think "oh my what have they come up with this time!" and I positively enjoy ignoring the phone calls that we do get.

Like Allan (and many on here) we ended up with no alternative. We too were robbing Peter to pay Paul and after OH's long period of unemployment we just couldn't carry on. We too tried negotiating with creditors for some leniency and reduced payments for a while, but got nowhere. Charges piled up, and we just couldn't get on top of it. Some of the cards we had had for 10, 15, even 20 years - and had previously always been good customers - I used to have a fantastic credit rating. But that counted for absolutely nothing. So I've run out of sympathy for them.

Power to Niddy, and his wonderful team.
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Aaaw this is great reading - can I make a book to get rich help others? (Meeeow)!!

* niddy legs it before getting lynched!!
        Have you changed your name to Martin ? (Double miaow)
        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
          Have you changed your name to Martin ? (Double miaow)

Wondered who'd be first to spot the irony!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

wonderful post Allan, we're there with you, not far off that amount of debt and all the rest of the gory details. Thing is guys, the banks and the DCAs are NOT going to help you, and that just leaves this site, Niddy and your own self, debt isn't the end of the world and UE can help enormously. I still get really mad if I see posts on the "other place" with wrong and unhelpful advice, poor sods killing themselves tryng to make untenable payments to keep the banks on side, some cutting their food budget just to make payments to keep their "credit record" clean, its nonsense and I think I can speak for all of us when I say, on this site, we always put your wellbeing and your family's first, all of the time. Niddy's advice is honest and straightforward, not always polite and not always what some people want to hear but nevertheless sound, informed and carefully considered. We are eternally grateful to have found Niddy and the team here, you've all given us our lives back.

Comment

Well done Alland......and a great post, which I can also relate to, and I second every word of it. I also dread to think where we would all be without this site. Good luck for the future.

Comment

Great posts everyone

Just wanted to echo what you've else said & to add it's been 15 months since i found Niddy. Great site, great people, great advice. Nuff said.

Comment

Nothing 'fluffy bunny' about you is there Swanny? (though I can remember when we all thought you were a girl!)
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                    Nothing 'fluffy bunny' about you is there Swanny? (though I can remember when we all thought you were a girl!)
                    Did i tell you how much i love you Pixie?

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                      (though I can remember when we all thought you were a girl!)
                      I once thought Rizzle was a girl...
                      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

When I read Allan's post the other day, I remembered reading Phoenix's diary on MSE and posting to ask if anyone had pm'd Niddy to get him on board...IIRC, he'd said that he'd had a heap on pm's to go and help

It doesn't seem that long ago really...

Comment

It was sw that actually sent 287 of the 294 pm's to be fair

Comment

Comment

She'd had a quiet day that day then?!

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                                She'd had a quiet day that day then?!
                                Quality

Comment

Working...
                                X