GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

two years in to-day

life has changed hugely all for the better and we are eternally grateful to Niddy and the team for giving us the opportunity to get our lives back.

three years to go and counting........................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      two years in to-day

life has changed hugely all for the better and we are eternally grateful to Niddy and the team for giving us the opportunity to get our lives back.
      Well done MrsD.
      Could not agree more.

Comment

It was 2 years for me at the beginning of July and I really don't know where I would have been if it hadn't been for Niddy and UE...possibly 6 feet underground.

To anyone wondering about whether or not to try for UE, give it a go. Yes, you get hassled at the beginning but it does get easier...I haven't heard from most of my creditors at all this year.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm just about a year on from finding AAD (thanks to a superstar rescuing me from the geentop site!) and I think the biggest change I've noticed is the drop in contact and my change in attitude - this time last year I was terrified that bailiffs were coming to take my kids tv, debt collectors were going to take my door-step, and that I would be too frightened to ever answer the phone again. Last summer my windows remained firmly shut for the duration for fear of a collector climbing through them.

The first 6/9 months contact was pretty constant (hardly surprising seeing as we had 14 creditors) - but a changed of phone number helped a lot with this, and I was on the verge of sinking into a major depression, but thanks to the calm instilled on me from the wonderful members here, I was able to deal with it all (mostly) ok. I still have the odd moment of worry (and still expect court summons when the postie arrives with the daily junk), but I no longer panic.

We still have 12 creditors (2 have now been settled), and I know we have a very long way to go as quite a few are EN debts and therefore being dragged out in the hope of low settlements at some point in the future, but I'm more relaxed in dealing with all this shit in general. I don't doubt that I will get that one letter that will have me panicking again, but this time it will be briefly while I seek help from the experts here rather than weeks/months of me trying to hunt down (often incorrect) info elsewhere.

To anyone just starting out - keep the AAD faith and hang on in there, it does get easier

Comment

Yep, OBE Or Knighthood for Niddy me thinks.

Life is to be lived and thanks to Niddy and all the great people here I am doing that now.

Comment

I'm currently 2 1/2 years in too and I hardly hear from any of my 6 accounts any more, the last contact was a few months ago from Lowell on behalf of Barclaycard and after half a dozen letters from them saying they were waiting to hear back from BC they then admitted that they couldn't find the CCA.

It was tough at first, I can remember receiving a letter and coming straight online to ask Niddy my next move, checking the site every few minutes to see if he had replied or if he was logged in! I can remember a few occasions when he's told me to leave the letter back until the following week and to enjoy the weekend and I was like "WHAT?!!! I need to do it NOW!!!" such was the panic I felt over it all!

As time goes by you start to realise that banks are not nice people but they can't just come and take your stuff or have you in court within weeks, so the pressure gets taken off and you can start rebuilding your life again.

When this started I was living with my parents like a recluse and paying back the best part of £900 a month in repayments which were hardly making a mark in things, now I live with my partner and have a beautiful little boy that we think the world and that just wasn't imaginable back in early 2010 such was the size of the hole I found myself in.

I have Niddy to thank for that, an absolute star.

Comment

Nice to hear from you Locke...and what a difference a couple of years has made!

Congratulations on the little one Click image for larger version

Name:	bebe5.gif
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1391336
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                  I'm currently 2 1/2 years in too and I hardly hear from any of my 6 accounts any more, the last contact was a few months ago from Lowell on behalf of Barclaycard and after half a dozen letters from them saying they were waiting to hear back from BC they then admitted that they couldn't find the CCA.

It was tough at first, I can remember receiving a letter and coming straight online to ask Niddy my next move, checking the site every few minutes to see if he had replied or if he was logged in! I can remember a few occasions when he's told me to leave the letter back until the following week and to enjoy the weekend and I was like "WHAT?!!! I need to do it NOW!!!" such was the panic I felt over it all!

As time goes by you start to realise that banks are not nice people but they can't just come and take your stuff or have you in court within weeks, so the pressure gets taken off and you can start rebuilding your life again.

When this started I was living with my parents like a recluse and paying back the best part of £900 a month in repayments which were hardly making a mark in things, now I live with my partner and have a beautiful little boy that we think the world and that just wasn't imaginable back in early 2010 such was the size of the hole I found myself in.

I have Niddy to thank for that, an absolute star.
                  Hi stranger, how the devil is it going?

Seems like you're doing well for yourself, well done

Chat sooon
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey guys, well, its been a year now since i first started down the UE journey on behalf of my mothers debts. Some of her debts have followed the UE route a month or so later, but as its been a year since the first i thought id post here.

A little bit of background to mine, or rather my mothers story for you.

It all started around 2 years ago when my mothers income suffered a hit due to loosing some clients also contributed to the climate.

She found her self robbing peter to pay paul just to cover the min monthly payments to all her credit cards. It wasnt until she had to ask her mortgage company to defer a payment for a month that she realised this couldnt go on anymore. No credit card debt was worth losing her house over.

So she spoke to all her credit cards and agreed a token payment of £1 for a year to help her out.

Majority of them defaulted her during this time, she started receiving threatening letters to which they said to ignore.

It wasnt until around a year ago, that one creditor pushed my mother to the point where enough was enough.

MBNA sold my mothers debt to a debt collection agency, they were not interested in her situation, the first letter she received from them stated they would apply for a CCJ and Charging Order on her home.

It was at that point my mother had enough, she had always paid her credit cards on time every month, all she needed was a little help, which they wasnt willing to give, and now with the threats, she felt something had to be done.

So i offered to help, i searched the net for CCA Requests and found this site, i sent off the request a day after the letter arrived, and to my shock, they couldnt find the agreement.

I spent some time reading through other diaries and learned a thing or to and we both realised, as she had already been defaulted, she had nothing to lose by trying UE.

So this is where we are today, my mother has now had over 30k confirmed UE by the creditors and Niddy, for which they have closed the accounts, Some credit cards after sending a CCA request were never heard from again.

The letters to start with turn up thick and fast, but after they realise the advice here is brilliant, they soon back down, and she very rarely recieves any communication from them.

If i had to give any advice, it would be to try UE, stick with it, and you will see there is light at the end of the tunnel, and you may be pleasently surprised of the outcome.

Comment

Yes when I found Niddy's site my whole life changed. As you said I keep paying my original creditor, but once they sell on at it has been mainly to crapbot I whack them with a CCA. Have four confimed un-enforcable debts ( in writing ) three have given up....

Thanks NIDDY your the man.

Comment

A little update from me. It's a while since I've been on here. Come April the last of my defaults will be 3yrs+ so I will be breathing a big sigh of relief at that mental barrier.

I know we aren't home and dry but I don't dread the thud of the post on the doormat any more. 3 years ago I was at the point of absolute despair and I think I was on the verge of a breakdown.

Most of my debts are UE and occasionally I have to bat off a new bloodsucker DCA, the enforceable ones I'm paying monthly and those will be clear in 2/3 years' time. I've even managed to get myself a credit card (albeit a Vanquis one) which is handy for emergencies. (Fools!).

A bit stuffed with the mortgage though, as when our deal ended, we ended up on the SVR and our current mortgage company won't offer us anything different, so it's quite a bit extra per month. I shall try again after April though! As our income dropped and hasn't recovered that much, I can't see we'll get much luck shopping around so I think we are stuck.

Without this board I think I can safely say we'd have lost our house and probably my marbles too, so thank you to everyone and keep it up!
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi MGS, nice to see you back, happy to read you are coping ok, you hang in there there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Posts such as yours are an inspiration for those just starting out on the journey to reclaim their lives back from the despair of financial fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                            A little update from me. It's a while since I've been on here. Come April the last of my defaults will be 3yrs+ so I will be breathing a big sigh of relief at that mental barrier.

I know we aren't home and dry but I don't dread the thud of the post on the doormat any more. 3 years ago I was at the point of absolute despair and I think I was on the verge of a breakdown.

Most of my debts are UE and occasionally I have to bat off a new bloodsucker DCA, the enforceable ones I'm paying monthly and those will be clear in 2/3 years' time. I've even managed to get myself a credit card (albeit a Vanquis one) which is handy for emergencies. (Fools!).

A bit stuffed with the mortgage though, as when our deal ended, we ended up on the SVR and our current mortgage company won't offer us anything different, so it's quite a bit extra per month. I shall try again after April though! As our income dropped and hasn't recovered that much, I can't see we'll get much luck shopping around so I think we are stuck.

Without this board I think I can safely say we'd have lost our house and probably my marbles too, so thank you to everyone and keep it up!
                            Glad to read things are mainly in your favour mate. All the best
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post

Hi MGS
                              Well done on sticking with it.

I'm just over a year on my UE journey too and it does settle down. I have one default left with 2 years to go before that disappears, been fighting an OD (but not much of one thanks to here) and I pretty much know what letter to send when a DCA rears its ugly head.

Comment

I second that, after the first year of UE it does get quieter, so people really need to hang on in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X