GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

Hi there,

Have an outstanding debt of £4k with Link Financials.

I requested a copy of my credit agreement on the 24th April and they responded on the 27th April to state that they didn't hold the information but would request from Barclaycard. They stated that this could take up to 30 days to provide.

Obviously that date has passed and I have not heard anything.

Advice on next steps?

Many thanks.

Re: Link Financial

Originally posted by shaun196809 View Post

I requested a copy of my credit agreement on the 24th April and they responded on the 27th April to state that they didn't hold the information but would request from Barclaycard. They stated that this could take up to 30 days to provide.

Advice on next steps?
    Maybe the 'next step' is Link Financial's problem if they can't comply with your CCA Request which makes the account unenforceable in court/law unless or until they can comply with it (did you send them a £1 postal order for the statutory fee?).

When did you open the Barclaycard account?

Did you open the account with Barclaycard or possibly Egg or MSDW etc?

Di

Comment

Hi there,

Advice on next steps?

Many thanks.
      Hi shaun 196809. Do nothing but wait. dont contact them again Dont speak to them on the phone. and wotever they send you you can ask never in doubt to check it out for you. But i think you should just play the waiting game

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post
        Do nothing but wait. dont contact them again Dont speak to them on the phone. and wotever they send you you can ask never in doubt to check it out for you. But i think you should just play the waiting game
        Maybe it's best for the OP's to check out their legal position first in case this is an account opened recently (so some of CCA 1974 won't apply) which could land them with a court claim.

Fingers crossed it's UE but better safe than sorry when giving debt advice

It appears the OP is currently in a DMP so maybe needs to take a holistic view of their situation.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
          Maybe the 'next step' is Link Financial's problem if they can't comply with your CCA Request which makes the account unenforceable in court/law unless or until they can comply with it (did you send them a £1 postal order for the statutory fee?).

When did you open the Barclaycard account?

Did you open the account with Barclaycard or possibly Egg or MSDW etc?

Di
          Hi Di,

I did send them £1 but they returned stating they wouldn't charge.

The original account was with Egg opened in Nov 2009, transferred to Barclays in 2011 and Link in 2016.

Yes, currently in a DMP but only have two creditors so left so contemplating now to self-manage and leave my DMP. Thoughts on that?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

So just had a response from Link Financials stating that "the original creditor has confirmed that they are unable to fulfil the section 77/78 request".

They go on to say that "although the account is currently unenforceable the outstanding balance remains collectable and it is acceptable for creditors to register and continue the reporting of a default".

Link also sent me a copy of a letter that barclaycard (original creditor) have sent to my old address when I took the card out.

Any thoughts on next steps?

Comment

had a response from Link Financials stating that "the original creditor has confirmed that they are unable to fulfil the section 77/78 request".

They go on to say that "although the account is currently unenforceable . . . .

Any thoughts on next steps?
              What next steps?

Link has admitted the debt is currently unenforceable because Barclaycard admits they're unable to fulfil your s.78 CCA Request.

Happy Days

(Actually it's Link which has to comply with your CCA Request not Barclaycard.)

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                What next steps?

Link has admitted the debt is currently unenforceable because Barclaycard admits they're unable to fulfil your s.78 CCA Request.

Happy Days

(Actually it's Link which has to comply with your CCA Request not Barclaycard.)

Di
                So do I offer 10% and request F and F?

Comment

It's Unenforceable!!
                  Why would you OFFER anything.
                  JUST FILE THE LETTER AWAY SOMEWHERE very safe and IGNORE THEM.
                  No contact!!

Comment

well we are in the same situation with link as well. As Diana. and Roger says. Dont offer a thing. they have admitted to you they cant enforce it. although they see it as collectable they may continue to send statements or whatever. All we do with that stuff is DATE FILE IGNORE. (I would not give them the correct time of day if i met them in the street) take care

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post
                      well we are in the same situation with link as well. As Diana. and Roger says. Dont offer a thing. they have admitted to you they cant enforce it. although they see it as collectable they may continue to send statements or whatever. All we do with that stuff is DATE FILE IGNORE. (I would not give them the correct time of day if i met them in the street) take care

Thanks for the note and I'll definitely ignore and not offer a penny. Which is great news!!

Comment

Working...
                      X