GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is Car Finance Unenforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Car Finance Unenforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Car Finance Unenforceable?

Thanks very much to all for your input, help and advice. I will stay put for now and update with anything else that arises!

Comment

Re: Is Car Finance Unenforceable?

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
      Thanks very much to all for your input, help and advice. I will stay put for now and update with anything else that arises!
      Thats certainly what I'd do
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all. This one has reared it's ugly hear again.

I now have a letter from a law firm but I am unsure of whether this is just the next step up in their game to try and strong arm me. To break it down, the letter seems to be smartly worded to look like a legal threat but there has never been any actual legal process started before. I have never aknowledged or replied to this debt.

We are now well beyond a 5 year period since the last time I paid anything to the original creditor and also the default date marked in my file.

From what I understand from BMW v Hart, the SB date was different because BMW never terminated the agreement. But in my case the original creditor sold on to a DCA, that is them terminating our agreement? Please correct me if I am wrong. I'd like to be armed with as much info as possible.

What it says in the letter is:
        they are acting on behalf of Link. The agreement is terminated.
        They have been instructed to recover vehicle and a payment of £2k after which the remaining balance will be £7k.
        The remaining balance will be reduced if they sell the vehicle on.
        If I do not pay up it may result in court action. Then a list of threats of what 'may' happen.
        Don't ignore, phone right away. Their client may be prepared to negotiate.

Comment

sorry I have no idea about Car Finance, sure someone will look in soon . NW
          Last edited by nightwatch; 25 June 2017, 08:28. Reason: need new keyboard
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X