GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice Please about UE route - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Please about UE route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please about UE route

Hi all,

I have been looking at debts recently and started requesting CCA's from all my lenders in August last year. I have had a number of mixed responses in the form of recon's, copies of originals, no responses and illegible photocopies.

I now want to go down the UE route where possible but want to understand the next logical steps. I am not sure whether to stop any form of correspondence including updating them with my new address or complain

I have for a number of lenders stopped payment but only recently and some have admitted to not having the details so I have stopped them as well.

My main query at the moment on the ones I have received is too whether they are enforceable. Most of my credit card are pre 2007

Re: Advice Please about UE route

Hi , firstly it's a good idea to list each one individually so we can see exactly what's what.Its generally not the done thing to communicate with them because it may point out their faults and give them chance to put things right.If you could wait and see what others say.Its also a great idea to let Niddy see the unedited version of what they have sent you so you could e.mail him with your user name in the title don't worry it's all perfectly secure, either way hold fire for now.xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome to AAD

As Nanna says, we need to now exactly what you have, who you are paying (or not) what the original company was and who is writing to you now.

To use UE, you need, ideally, to have debts from before 2007.

You should do a list firstly, a separate post for each debt, then we will organise you to send any paperwork you've received to Niddy, who can look at it and give you pointers as to what to do next. If some already have told you that they have no paperwok, you need to keep a firm hold of all paperwork and I would certainly stop paying them, it will be 6 years before you are clear from the last payment so the sooner the better really.

UE is not an easy solution but it does work. Have a look here at out diaries http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries and here for some 100% true real life experiences of AAD members who have utilised UE and reached the magical six years (although it's five in Scotland) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-now-SIX-years

Comment

Hi Nanna and thank you. I will heed your advice on informing them of their faults. I have sent one CCA to Niddy just to give me a flavour of things to come. I will start a thread for each one

Comment

Hi Mrs D and really appreciate your help. I have sent one CCA to Niddy to check if enforceable or not. I have good records on most debts especially in recent times. In the earlier years, I just buried my head in the sand and ignored. Will outline steps take so far etc for each one and introduce over next few days. I had been on a DMP with Money village since 2005. Last year I started managing my own DMP which I thought was a positive step. I have requested CCA's off all and have a mixture of responses.

Comment

Debt 1
            • Type of account - Credit card

• Date commenced 20th February 1989

• Approx balance - £8317.68

• Date last paid - last full payment about 8 years ago

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on a payment arrangement but not been paying since 20th June 16

• Status - Default served 3 years ago on the account

• Account owner Lloyds Banking Group (OC)

Sent request for CCA on 16th November and reminder 4th January 16. No acknowledgement. Continued payment on arrangement
            Further letter sent complaining about for lack of response on 19th July 16. Also stated that payments would not be forthcoming.
            19th Aug 16 - Letter from Lloyds apologising for no response. An offer of £75 for frustration caused and a photocopy of original CCA which I have sent to Niddy. I have complained to the financial ombudsman on quality of CCA as totally illegible and the fact that they did not respond at all but with hindsight, this may not be the right course of action.

Next steps - awaiting Niddy to respond but not paying at present

Comment

Brilliant start well done and good luck xxxxx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hope you banked the £75!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                  hope you banked the £75!
                  Hi Mrs D

Thought I would get more from ombudsman so complained but now had second thoughts and think I should just accept the £75

Comment

the ombudsman is usually not to taken by the UE route. Do you have a cheque for this amount or is it an offer on paper?

Comment

the ombudsman is usually not to taken by the UE route. Do you have a cheque for this amount or is it an offer on paper?

Offer on paper with request what bank to pay it into

Comment

I would just hold fire with that for the moment, when did you last pay this one?

Comment

I would just hold fire with that for the moment, when did you last pay this one?
                          Only recently stopped making payment. Last payment 20th June 16. If Niddy says enforceable then will take the offer ?

Comment

Wait and see what Nid says , there's always a solution .

Comment

I can't find an email from you. Can you please resend agreement using email address below in my signature. Post here once sent and I'll check.

Thanks.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X