Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time and in a way that's a good thing.Since I last posted here I've worked hard,studied and worked my way towards a better job.I started that job 2 weeks ago and I come home everyday exhausted but happy.Things seemed to be finally working out.However I came home from work on Friday to find a brown envelope on the mat.

When I opened it I was upset to put it mildly.It was a letter from Lowell telling me I need to appear in court about my unpaid credit card debt.

The court is a long way from where I live and there is no way I can make it there.

I have been fighting this dispute with Lloyds TSB since 2011 and with good advice from here I have been able to continue fighting this but I am now out of my dept and need advice.Can someone tell me if Niddy is still the person to message to look at this letter as I received the best advice ever from this site.

It's late I know but it has taken me this long just to sit here and face this stressful thing.If anyone is awake to advise me great and thank you in advance if not I will check back in tomorrow as soon as I can steal 5 minutes to myself.

Thank you
    Freckles x

Re: I'm back

Hi

Glad to see you're doing so well. Sorry to hear about the claim. Pretty shitty.

Onwards & upwards. Can you email me a copy of the N1 claim form and we'll go from there. webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk & planb@all-about-debt.co.uk

We'll then reply via email.

Also start a thread as detailed here (it's public so nothing personal) -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rom-a-Creditor
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear that,
      but you know you can transfer the hearing to YOUR local court?

Good Luck,

Comment

Good luck xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Glad to see you are back and things are starting to shape up a bit better for you

Try not to worry about the claim, You are in very safe hands here at AAD.

There are many stages ahead where things can happen and claimants fall by the wayside due to not having their house in order etc

Do keep us updated and post up with any worries big or small, Someone here will know the answer and be able to help

Spud
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, sorry to hear that this has happened when things are going so well. The AAD legal team has developed a lot over the last few years and is very successful. Take a few deep breaths and follow the advice given and everything will get sorted.

Comment

Sorry to hear you've received a claim, especially just when things are going right for you. There's a lot that can happen before it ever gets to a hearing so email the claim form to Niddy, take some deep breaths and chill, you're in good hands.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Everyone,

This site has always blown my mind.The time and generosity that the people on this site give to total strangers is unique.Thank you all for taking the time to post support to me.If I'm honest this new development caught me off guard and it's affecting every second I'm awake.
                I will send my letter from the court to Niddy now and await what I know will be an excellent and sound reply whether I want to hear it or not I will put the full details of this debt issue and the forth coming court case up online so people can read and learn from my experience.For now however just contacting aad and putting this out there has me in knots.

Once again thank you for everything.I will post as soon as I know where I go next.

Love to all the generous and understanding people on this site.

Love Freckles x

Comment

The reply will be "what's your number and I'll ask solicitor to call you discuss a defence"

Dont stress. You'll be fine.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Freckles View Post
                    Hi Everyone,

This site has always blown my mind.The time and generosity that the people on this site give to total strangers is unique.Thank you all for taking the time to post support to me.If I'm honest this new development caught me off guard and it's affecting every second I'm awake.
                    As hard as it is do try not to worry too much about this claim

Take a look along some of the claims that have previously been issued against AAD members, Me included and see how the majority of them have either been discontinued or won by members and the legal team. They don't back down for no reason !!!!

Knowledge is power so they say and you are in very good hands here, The results speak for themselves

Comment

I came home from work on Friday to find a brown envelope on the mat.

When I opened it I was upset to put it mildly.It was a letter from Lowell telling me I need to appear in court about my unpaid credit card debt.

The court is a long way from where I live and there is no way I can make it there.
                      We all dread the brown envelope on the mat (I've had four so far)

These normally come from NCCBC which is an online claim service based in Northampton. If this claim progresses to a hearing (you're a long way off from that) it won't be in Northampton unless that's where you live. It will be allocated to your nearest county court since you are the Defendant.

You now have the opportunity to file an Acknowledgment of Service online. And then you can file a Defence online. Don't do either of these things until you have given us a bit more information.

Most importantly what is the issue date on the claim form?

Who was the original creditor and when did you open this account?

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks everyone but I'm so stressed out because I cant get my copy of my letter to upload to NID. Christ why is everything so complicated these days.Sorry middle age and they keep changing things and I cant keep up
                        Freckles

Comment

Stop trying to upload the file and come back in 5 or 10 minutes! While you are getting yourself worked up it will become harder to do.

Comment

I cant get my copy of my letter to upload to NID. Christ why is everything so complicated these days.Sorry middle age and they keep changing things and I cant keep up
                            Don't panic about uploading documents - I wouldn't know how to do that either.

I'm old age let alone middle age

If you've got a mobile phone take a photo of it and email that as an attachment to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk and me using PlanB@all-about-debt.co.uk

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks to everyone again.I am exhausted and off to bed.I'm hoping my daughter will show me what to do tomorrow to upload letter to Never in Doubt.

Freckles

Comment

Working...
                              X