GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script M&S Personal Reserve Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M&S Personal Reserve Account

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&S Personal Reserve Account

Guys

Just a quickie to remind you that if you were lucky enough to have had an M&S Personal Reserve account from the 90's/00's then it will likely be unenforceable. The reason being they did not have a banking licence so it becomes a credit account yet there is no mention of the CCA1974 on any paperwork and we now have an original set of documents which includes the welcome pack, the welcome letter and the terms. These documents are priceless to us and helps us to beat M&S should they issue a claim for these types of account.

If you have had one of these accounts then don't worry. All you need to ensure is that you have done a CCA Request and then from there if they threaten legal and a solicitor duly writes, you only need to send the new LBA Response which is found HERE.

That's it. Don't deviate or send anything else without checking with us first.

Questions? Ask away
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 2 January 2020, 15:11. Reason: Update
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

brilliant, I hadn't seen this but shoosmiths had sent me a letter , last year,saying they were looking at taking mine further , so I sent a letter asking for the paperwork, also sent a CCA to Arrow,
    Arrow replied that as the account was an overdraft they had not sent for a CCA, as it wouldn't have one, earlier this year Shoosmiths sent me some paperwork notice of assignment states it's a reserve account, Shoosmiths cover letter say's it's a Credit card.no CCA
    they said they would like me to contact them to arrange repayments ASAP, I didn't they can whistle dixie.

off for a drink Cheers xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello....this is my first post, having just found this thread via a Google search. Is it still the case that this specific type of M.&S. account, is likely unenforceable? Any feedback much appreciated - thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by IDS52 View Post
        Hello....this is my first post, having just found this thread via a Google search. Is it still the case that this specific type of M.&S. account, is likely unenforceable? Any feedback much appreciated - thank you.
        You may get a better answer by starting a separate thread about your account. X
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          if you were lucky enough to have had an M&S Personal Reserve account from the 90's/00's then it will likely be unenforceable. The reason being they did not have a banking licence so it becomes a credit account yet there is no mention of the CCA1974 on any paperwork and we now have an original set of documents which includes the welcome pack, the welcome letter and the terms. These documents are priceless to us and helps us to beat M&S should they issue a claim for these types of account.

I thought it would be helpful to update this thread with news of a claim by Intrum for an old M & S Personal Reserve account which they discontinued when faced with a challenge to the merits of the case >

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          I am pleased to report that finally I have closure on all my M&S accounts.

Today, the court claim on my Personal Reserve Account was discontinued. There was a brilliant defence written by Colin who works for Jo and a subsequent application. When pushed the first solicitors returned the claim to Intrum and today the second company realised that any further action was futile and discontinued.
          Thank you for all the support to everyone on AAD and a massive thank you to Di, Colin, Jo and Gerry at Joanna Connolly Solicitors - if you are greedy you get to deal with everyone!

If anyone else gets a claim (or a 'Letter of Claim') for an old M & S Personal Reserve account then post on here.

Di

Comment

Working...
          X